+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Spouse Outland Sponsorship Application. Question about Signatures.

BenceJones

Jul 20, 2021
I am applying online for an outland spouse sponsorship.

I am not sure about the multiple PDF files (i.e. IMM1433), which require signatures and cannot be signed electronically. There is a consent screen at the end of the online application that acts as an electronic signature of the principal applicant for all of the forms, but there is nothing like that for the sponsor.

I don't want to submit the application with this uncertainty. It feels wrong to submit unsigned documents.

It seems that the online spouse sponsorship application is a pilot project. Has anybody run into this issue with an online spouse sponsorship application?

Thanks a lot!

BenceJones

Jul 20, 2021
I am applying online for an outland spouse sponsorship.

I am not sure about the multiple PDF files (i.e. IMM1433), which require signatures and cannot be signed electronically. There is a consent screen at the end of the online application that acts as an electronic signature of the principal applicant for all of the forms, but there is nothing like that for the sponsor.

I don't want to submit the application with this uncertainty. It feels wrong to submit unsigned documents.

It seems that the online spouse sponsorship application is a pilot project. Has anybody run into this issue with an online spouse sponsorship application?

Thanks a lot!
I called IRCC (I am outside of Canada, but used Fongo app to buy a Canadian phone number) and asked how to go about the signature. The person on the phone told me that I can print out the two forms that require sponsor's signature (IMM1433 and IMM5532), scan then and upload.

I ran into a problem, however: the scanned files were always larger than 4MB and I couldn't upload them to https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/ . What I then did was I printed the pdf virtually (Microsoft Print to PDF), which basically creates a copy of the original file without any restrictions on digital signatures. I then signed that file electronically.

Neha8780

Oct 11, 2021
they've been around a week, so yes
Hi,

I’m really confused as to which one is faster for Canada outland spouse pr sponsorship, online or tradional paper method. Hence wanted inputs from someone who has already applied online and have received Aor.

Please let me know

Thanks

Neha8780

Oct 11, 2021
Is that why you asked the exact same question in five + threads? Do you think that's going to help get a better answer? If so, you are definitely confused.
I’m not aware of the amount of participation by people in these threads, so i think it was prudent on my part to post the same question in different threads in order to increase the chances of getting response from someone who is an active contributor. But thanks for taking time out to put a derogatory comment about someone in need of help. Much appreciated!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi,

I’m really confused as to which one is faster for Canada outland spouse pr sponsorship, online or tradional paper method. Hence wanted inputs from someone who has already applied online and have received Aor.

Please let me know

Thanks
You're asking how much faster a process that started online only a couple of months may be - which is absolutely not enough time to know if it is even faster at all.

Reactions: armoured