+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Processing time for SIN(Social Insurance Number) in Canada

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Hey, I got rejected today. I applied with COPR, US bank statement as address proof and passport.
I guess I should apply with signed COPR right? what docs did you use while applying?
Yes, you need signed copy of COPR (thats proof you did landing), Passport, driver license, and address proof(we submitted utility bill).

Reactions: dumbsean

dumbsean

Feb 6, 2020
Signed copr is what you need to upload. Did you upload that? don't you have PR card? Was the bank statement credit card statement or checking account statement? In their website they mention credit card statement explicitly and may not honor others.. You could also include another residence proof such as drivers license or utility bill. Call them and see why it was rejected...
I don't have a PR card yet. I uploaded signed COPR now with DL and also credit card statement. Thank you for the info :)

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for this post for letting me know we can use U.S. address as a proof of address for SIN application.

So I just applied online for SIN (on August 20, 2020) using my U.S. address. Will update if I got approved or received the SIN.

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Date applied online for SIN using my U.S. address: August 20, 2020
Date received my SIN letter in Bay Area, California, USA: September 3, 2020
So the whole process took 14 days for me.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I just re applied with signed COPR, thank you :)
Hey, my application was refused too. I received my CoPR after a virtual landing because I was already in Canada. My CoPR bears the electronic signature of an IRCC officer. I applied again, I don't know what the outcome will be this time.

Did you have two copies of CoPR? One signed, and the other unsigned?

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Hey, my application was refused too. I received my CoPR after a virtual landing because I was already in Canada. My CoPR bears the electronic signature of an IRCC officer. I applied again, I don't know what the outcome will be this time.

Did you have two copies of CoPR? One signed, and the other unsigned?
This makes me worried because I applied for a SIN today with my COPR recieved via virtual landing as well and it just has an electronic signature too. I guess I can look forward to a rejection. :(

sumitkamboj88

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
This makes me worried because I applied for a SIN today with my COPR recieved via virtual landing as well and it just has an electronic signature too. I guess I can look forward to a rejection. :(
Hi, I also received my COPR which bears the electronic signature of an IRCC officer. I applied for SIN in July and had received it. if you SIN application was rejected you should receive a letter by post explaining the reason.

Reactions: mlei9569

Nish2020

Oct 27, 2020
Hi guys,
I am coming to Canada on work permit and was wondering if I can apply for SIN at Toronto Airport? I read on couple of thread it takes sometimes 1 month to get SIN after online application. I was wondering does Service Canada still offer in person application for SIN? If so I can do it once I finish my quarantine stay.
Thanks

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Date applied online for SIN using my U.S. address: August 20, 2020
Date received my SIN letter in Bay Area, California, USA: September 3, 2020
So the whole process took 14 days for me.
Did you do a soft landing already? Did you have PR card?

I just have a COPR. Planning to land in May this year and move permanently, I am also in Northern California. Do I need to be in Canada once to be able to apply SIN or I can apply before I can move there?

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
I had applied in QC around 6 months ago to extend the date of expiration of my SIN. They did it in under a week and mailed the new document to my address.