+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Oath Master Thread

Goran1989

Jun 7, 2021
CPC - SYDNEY - Nova Scotia

Nov 19, 2019 We have received your application and have begun to process your application. (AOR)
Dec 12, 2019 Background verification status has been updated to Completed
Mar 23, 2021 Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
Apr 1, 2021 You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 1, 2021 and April 22, 2021.
Apr 8, 2021 Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Now, I can't find the local CPC that my case was forwarded to, but if I am not mistaken there should be one in Surrey as I applied from Chilliwack, BC.
Here is my concern, I am currently with my family in Croatia, spending some of my paternal leave. I had the test completed and verified on April 8. Our departing flight was on April 11 :D, so yes, I lucked out with this one. As there is one thing for sure, every step of the process even if its online portion you MUST BE PRESENT IN CANADA. And it makes sense, citizenship is a big deal for the country to give out.

Worrisome part is after test completion in correspondence was that they will in touch in next several months. After reading online on gvt website, I have learned that within three months from the test an applicant should receive oath ceremony invite 2 weeks in advance with scheduled date. Now in that case my three month are coming up pretty soon, and I am thorn if I should by a ticket right away for the three month period in order to save money on the fare and for how long should I take it. I am really concerned that I might stuck there for more than 2-3 months until the oath invite if I take the route of trying to save some money.

One more thing, I see that there are some changes as you can log in online and follow the process. Although, I am not aware of the interviews you guys are writing about. In my steps of application process there are no mention of it. Should I be concerned? Every time I send an email and as a question all I get back your case is being processed and no further documentation is required, But never a definitive answer to it.

Looking at everyone's timeline I would say that each case is specific and unique. I see that one of the gentleman's here applied in January 2019 and had the test invite on same date as me, and I applied in November 2019, almost a year after.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you guys!

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CPC - SYDNEY - Nova Scotia

Nov 19, 2019 We have received your application and have begun to process your application. (AOR)
Dec 12, 2019 Background verification status has been updated to Completed
Mar 23, 2021 Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
Apr 1, 2021 You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between April 1, 2021 and April 22, 2021.
Apr 8, 2021 Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Now, I can't find the local CPC that my case was forwarded to, but if I am not mistaken there should be one in Surrey as I applied from Chilliwack, BC.
Here is my concern, I am currently with my family in Croatia, spending some of my paternal leave. I had the test completed and verified on April 8. Our departing flight was on April 11 :D, so yes, I lucked out with this one. As there is one thing for sure, every step of the process even if its online portion you MUST BE PRESENT IN CANADA. And it makes sense, citizenship is a big deal for the country to give out.

Worrisome part is after test completion in correspondence was that they will in touch in next several months. After reading online on gvt website, I have learned that within three months from the test an applicant should receive oath ceremony invite 2 weeks in advance with scheduled date. Now in that case my three month are coming up pretty soon, and I am thorn if I should by a ticket right away for the three month period in order to save money on the fare and for how long should I take it. I am really concerned that I might stuck there for more than 2-3 months until the oath invite if I take the route of trying to save some money.

One more thing, I see that there are some changes as you can log in online and follow the process. Although, I am not aware of the interviews you guys are writing about. In my steps of application process there are no mention of it. Should I be concerned? Every time I send an email and as a question all I get back your case is being processed and no further documentation is required, But never a definitive answer to it.

Looking at everyone's timeline I would say that each case is specific and unique. I see that one of the gentleman's here applied in January 2019 and had the test invite on same date as me, and I applied in November 2019, almost a year after.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you guys!
Some people receive an interview soon after the test. Since you've not received it for this long, your status on ECAS should go to Decision Made and you will receive an oath invitation sometime in the near future. Well, as a general rule, do NOT trust the timelines posted on the IRCC website. They aren't updated. People wait for much more than 3 months after test AFAIK to get oath invitation.

But be prepared. There is no telling when you might get it, some people it sooner, some later.

For the oath, you'll have to be physically present in the country. Be prepared to fly to Canada for oath OR you might want to reschedule it (which I would not recommend unless there isn't any other way because there is no telling when you'll receive another invite). Keep checking your dashboard often because the statues are updated there first (well before you receive an email about it). So, if you are scheduled for oath, you'll first see it on the dashboard. Email might come in a week or 2 later.

All the best!

ccolscorpion

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
i have question regarding oath ceremony. I recently lost my job and i am in line to receive the oath ceremony invite. Just wondering if the ceremony clerk or judge ask for current job situation. Also does not having job affect citizenship application.