11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
What took them so long to reach DM?
COVID... Ottawa office was assigned to help other program and had no movement till recent

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Greetings,
I have been a Canadian Citizen for a week now
The waiting for Completion has ended
Have to wait for the stay at home order to finish so i can submit my passport application
For now Im happy to be Canadian
(YOURS WILL BE COMING TOO)
TEST Done: DECEMBER 2020
ADDITIONAL Docs. JANUARY 2021
INTERVIEW: FEBRUARY 2021 (1 week b4 i see DM)
OATH Done : APRIL 2021
Almost 4 months from test to oath
Citizenship cert in mail box after 1 week
THANKS EVERYONE
THIS GROUP IS OF GREAT HELP TO ME.

Reactions: Carlaf and adey786
May 18, 2016
Just got my test invitation. I'm outside of Canada and need to plan my visit back, so got some questions:
1. Interview - is it online? do I need to be physically in Canada to do it?
2. Oath - I know it's online, but again, do I need to be physically present in Canada?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Just got my test invitation. I'm outside of Canada and need to plan my visit back, so got some questions:
1. Interview - is it online? do I need to be physically in Canada to do it?
2. Oath - I know it's online, but again, do I need to be physically present in Canada?
Don’t have doubt. Test, Interview and Oath are all online and you MUST be in Canada.

If you can, stay here for as long as you can (plan around 3 months or so) for everything to be cleared. However due to backlog and pile-ups it’s taking longer these days. No one really knows for sure for much time it would take to complete the process.

Good luck!

May 18, 2016
Don’t have doubt. Test, Interview and Oath are all online and you MUST be in Canada.
Thank you BadGamer6! Then next question, once they invite me for the interview and oath, do I get a three week window every time like with the test? Or do they give a specific date (like, go interview tomorrow!) or how is it?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Thank you BadGamer6! Then next question, once they invite me for the interview and oath, do I get a three week window every time like with the test? Or do they give a specific date (like, go interview tomorrow!) or how is it?
No one knows for sure. The shortest interview notice to actual interview that I have seen is 2 days - the longest can be over a month. Yes the interview date is fixed with a specific time.

Reactions: greengreentari

SSA36

Apr 2, 2021
Hi guys!

An update on my file that might be helpful for those who have an emergency situation similar to mine, and how my file turned into urgent processing, as well as steps taken to expedite my certificate and passport.

Background:
I have a medical complication that requires me to travel out of Canada to receive the necessary care. I had my citizenship test on 11th March, and got a call for an interview few days later which was set for 26th March. Got DM on 27th March and then silence. My health turned for the worse as I waited, and I was debating whether to email my interview officer about my condition since I had all my medical records in hand. I was afraid though if it backfired and my oath got further delayed or if I would be asked to reschedule the Oath for a few months later, that would be like waiting this whole time for nothing; I wanted to ensure I complete the process before I go. With this confusion I turned to the forum; I messaged on this group where very helpful members @adey786 @icykool23 and @BadGamer6 offered me different suggestions and outlooks on what could potentially happen if I did email my interview officer.. I decided to go for it and emailed my officer 26 days after my DM.

Oath:
I emailed my interview officer about my situation in detail, outlining my medical issues and due to Covid Restrictions, clinics and ER weren't able to monitor me regularly. I attached all my documentation and requested if, in anyway, an early Oath date was possible. Hit send. That wait felt like an eternity to me.
In a couple of hours my officer replied back, very kindly, and informed me that my oath was scheduled for 2 weeks away, was that fine with me? I requested again, if an earlier date is possible. He said he would speak to the concerned teams and get back to me. In an hour he emailed again that I should watch out for an email or a call for the next oath date, when its available, and it should be sooner than 2 weeks. I got an email the next day for Oath on the 29th of April instead of the originally scheduled 10th of May.
I feel that we often judge officers at IRCC and that they might be highly opinionated or lazy in processing, while in this case, my interview officer was nothing but kind and helpful throughout.

Citizenship Certificate:
And so came the Oath date, where I was sworn in. At the end, I had another officer signing me off, who informed me that my certificate would take 6 to 8 weeks, the standard mailing time. Again, I informed her of my medical condition and that I could email her my medical records. She was super nice and told me that wasn't necessary, and she will make sure she mails it out as early as possible, and I should keep a lookout for it in 3 to 4 days.
Again, my experience with another kind officer, who assisted me and ensured I got the help I needed. My certificate arrived on the 4th of May, 5 days after my Oath.

Urgent Passport Process:
To ensure my passport was issued on time, I researched on getting an appointment with Service Canada well before. You submit a webform and request urgent processing, along with your reason for travel, but most importantly, that you have already booked your flight and have your travel itinerary ready. After sending the webform, I got a call within a day and a half, where my in-person appointment was scheduled within 5 minutes. I made sure to take the appointment for Thursday (the 6th of May), giving time for my certificate to arrive (it came on Tuesday the 4th of May).
I again got a call from Service Canada, and they outlined all the documents required for the application and to bring along a printed travel itinerary which is necessary for urgent processing.

I finally went in today to apply for my passport, the process took 20 minutes. My certificate was verified on the spot and returned to me, and I was asked to collect my passport on Monday the 10th.

I am solely sharing my story for the following reasons:
1. Those of you who have a medical complication or a family tragedy, or any reason that requires utmost urgency for your application, do not hesitate to reach out for help to your interview/oath officers (but please have proof ready!). They may be able to help you out. If not, you would be asked to wait which you are doing now anyway. I have also outlined my passport process for those who require it urgently.

2. Don't judge all IRCC officers based on what is going on with all the delayed applications. I know and understand the frustration, and I feel due to bureaucratic reasons, lack of capacity, overworked officers and COVID 19 applications are furiously delayed. However, this does not necessarily mean officers are lazy or are taking their sweet time; I have read some posts on how officers email you at night, or on weekends. My DM was processed on a weekend too.

3. At the end of the day, I immigrated from a country where I resided for 25 years, was loyal, paid government fees and taxes, spent my whole childhood there, and felt that was my home, but I was never accepted as a citizen, despite loving that country so much. It was painful, but it made me realize that Canada granting me citizenship is a huge privilege for me, as it is for alot of us who have immigrated to Canada for many reasons. Please be mindful of that.

I hope this has been helpful. Good luck to all of you on your journey. It will end, trust me.

Here is my timeline:
Application Received: 17th December 2019 Single Applicant
AOR: 19th February 2020
Processing: 3rd March 2020
Test Date: 11th March 2021
Interview Date: 26th March 2021
DM: 27th March 2021
Oath Ceremony: 29th April 2021 (Urgent Processing due to Medical Emergency)
Certificate Received: 4th May 2021
Passport to be issued: 10th May 2021

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hi guys!

An update on my file that might be helpful for those who have an emergency situation similar to mine, and how my file turned into urgent processing, as well as steps taken to expedite my certificate and passport.

Background:
I have a medical complication that requires me to travel out of Canada to receive the necessary care. I had my citizenship test on 11th March, and got a call for an interview few days later which was set for 26th March. Got DM on 27th March and then silence. My health turned for the worse as I waited, and I was debating whether to email my interview officer about my condition since I had all my medical records in hand. I was afraid though if it backfired and my oath got further delayed or if I would be asked to reschedule the Oath for a few months later, that would be like waiting this whole time for nothing; I wanted to ensure I complete the process before I go. With this confusion I turned to the forum; I messaged on this group where very helpful members @adey786 @icykool23 and @BadGamer6 offered me different suggestions and outlooks on what could potentially happen if I did email my interview officer.. I decided to go for it and emailed my officer 26 days after my DM.

Oath:
I emailed my interview officer about my situation in detail, outlining my medical issues and due to Covid Restrictions, clinics and ER weren't able to monitor me regularly. I attached all my documentation and requested if, in anyway, an early Oath date was possible. Hit send. That wait felt like an eternity to me.
In a couple of hours my officer replied back, very kindly, and informed me that my oath was scheduled for 2 weeks away, was that fine with me? I requested again, if an earlier date is possible. He said he would speak to the concerned teams and get back to me. In an hour he emailed again that I should watch out for an email or a call for the next oath date, when its available, and it should be sooner than 2 weeks. I got an email the next day for Oath on the 29th of April instead of the originally scheduled 10th of May.
I feel that we often judge officers at IRCC and that they might be highly opinionated or lazy in processing, while in this case, my interview officer was nothing but kind and helpful throughout.

Citizenship Certificate:
And so came the Oath date, where I was sworn in. At the end, I had another officer signing me off, who informed me that my certificate would take 6 to 8 weeks, the standard mailing time. Again, I informed her of my medical condition and that I could email her my medical records. She was super nice and told me that wasn't necessary, and she will make sure she mails it out as early as possible, and I should keep a lookout for it in 3 to 4 days.
Again, my experience with another kind officer, who assisted me and ensured I got the help I needed. My certificate arrived on the 4th of May, 5 days after my Oath.

Urgent Passport Process:
To ensure my passport was issued on time, I researched on getting an appointment with Service Canada well before. You submit a webform and request urgent processing, along with your reason for travel, but most importantly, that you have already booked your flight and have your travel itinerary ready. After sending the webform, I got a call within a day and a half, where my in-person appointment was scheduled within 5 minutes. I made sure to take the appointment for Thursday (the 6th of May), giving time for my certificate to arrive (it came on Tuesday the 4th of May).
I again got a call from Service Canada, and they outlined all the documents required for the application and to bring along a printed travel itinerary which is necessary for urgent processing.

I finally went in today to apply for my passport, the process took 20 minutes. My certificate was verified on the spot and returned to me, and I was asked to collect my passport on Monday the 10th.

I am solely sharing my story for the following reasons:
1. Those of you who have a medical complication or a family tragedy, or any reason that requires utmost urgency for your application, do not hesitate to reach out for help to your interview/oath officers (but please have proof ready!). They may be able to help you out. If not, you would be asked to wait which you are doing now anyway. I have also outlined my passport process for those who require it urgently.

2. Don't judge all IRCC officers based on what is going on with all the delayed applications. I know and understand the frustration, and I feel due to bureaucratic reasons, lack of capacity, overworked officers and COVID 19 applications are furiously delayed. However, this does not necessarily mean officers are lazy or are taking their sweet time; I have read some posts on how officers email you at night, or on weekends. My DM was processed on a weekend too.

3. At the end of the day, I immigrated from a country where I resided for 25 years, was loyal, paid government fees and taxes, spent my whole childhood there, and felt that was my home, but I was never accepted as a citizen, despite loving that country so much. It was painful, but it made me realize that Canada granting me citizenship is a huge privilege for me, as it is for alot of us who have immigrated to Canada for many reasons. Please be mindful of that.

I hope this has been helpful. Good luck to all of you on your journey. It will end, trust me.

Here is my timeline:
Application Received: 17th December 2019 Single Applicant
AOR: 19th February 2020
Processing: 3rd March 2020
Test Date: 11th March 2021
Interview Date: 26th March 2021
DM: 27th March 2021
Oath Ceremony: 29th April 2021 (Urgent Processing due to Medical Emergency)
Certificate Received: 4th May 2021
Passport to be issued: 10th May 2021
Awe
Feel so happy for you, your journey to your citizenship has come to an end
IRCC has compassion and consideration
I remember when i had to ask them to for my PR journey(had to send travel tickets and medical records for proof )
and All i can say is they are Good
Praying for you feeling better
Keep safe.

Reactions: icykool23 and SSA36