+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online classes because of Covid and leaving Canada

meghdee

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Hello.

My summer term is now going to be online because of coronavirus. We were told that absolutely no face to face interactions were supposed to happen and everything will be done remotely.

My spouse is living in India and I was planning on being with him during my break in July+Aug, but now I'm thinking of going for the whole summer and doing my online classes remotely from India.

Would this affect my study permit/temporary residence status? Would I have any troubles coming back in September for the fall term?

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Hello.

My summer term is now going to be online because of coronavirus. We were told that absolutely no face to face interactions were supposed to happen and everything will be done remotely.

My spouse is living in India and I was planning on being with him during my break in July+Aug, but now I'm thinking of going for the whole summer and doing my online classes remotely from India.

Would this affect my study permit/temporary residence status? Would I have any troubles coming back in September for the fall term?
I think it would be best for you to contract international department of your institution

Reactions: meghdee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello.

Short answer is that we don't know. Presumably IRCC will be understanding about the circumstances. But no announcements have been made by IRCC at this point so we don't know.

Reactions: meghdee

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello.

What university? I'm in the same boat