+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Congratulations! You may just be one of the lucky ones as there are many, many people who applied during the same period of time and are still waiting for an invite.
Maybe they felt sorry for me because I've been in Canada for nearly 35 years. :p

Reactions: YonDB

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well, I'll choose to ignore the fact that your response comes off as very rude, nevertheless, I can assure you that that's what I heard from a trusted source. Also, IRCC'S website specifically states that they're sending out invitations to applicants who qualify for urgent processing.
My citizenship test was cancelled in March 2020 and I'm still waiting for an online test invite. Apparently, the only people who are being invited to take an online test are 2018 applicants and those who qualify for emergency processing. I could be wrong, although that's my educated understanding.
Well, if you take a look at the tracker, 2019 applicants who aren't urgent applicants are getting test and oath invites now.

Well, sure the IRCC website states that but I believe they are processing those in conjunction with the regular applications. This is evidenced by data in the tracker.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Well, if you take a look at the tracker, 2019 applicants who aren't urgent applicants are getting test and oath invites now.

Well, sure the IRCC website states that but I believe they are processing those in conjunction with the regular applications. This is evidenced by data in the tracker.
The tracker suggests that only 5 out of 76 applicants, most of who are from 2019, have received online test invites.

If you think that such a small number (5) is indicative of the roughly 85,000 applicants waiting to take the test, then I strongly suggest you type "statistics" in your Google search bar and try to grasp how they're compiled and calculated.

Reactions: Flandernss

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The tracker suggests that only 5 out of 76 applicants, most of who are from 2019, have received online test invites.

If you think that such a small number (5) is indicative of the roughly 85,000 applicants waiting to take the test, then I strongly suggest you type "statistics" in your Google search bar and try to grasp how they're compiled and calculated.
The "sample set" on the tracker is definitely small and yes, the stats don't represent 85,000 people. What I mentioned was given the small number of cases in our sample set, applicants are still reporting test invites. Some of the sheets from 2019 are not being actively updated by the members in the month-wise 2019 threads so I take the time to update them. I can't update every single entry, there are several records in the sheet that are NOT updated. Plus, you might want to check 2019 tracker (multiple sheets), the number is definitely > 5.

About the part you asking me to google, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

If more updates come in and you see the number of test invites increase, you can write a post mentioning that your earlier assumption was incorrect OR you can close your eyes and be in denial and do what you do best.

Good luck, won't be responding to you anymore.

Last edited:

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Well, I'll choose to ignore the fact that your response comes off as very rude, nevertheless, I can assure you that that's what I heard from a trusted source. Also, IRCC'S website specifically states that they're sending out invitations to applicants who qualify for urgent processing.

You refer to my comment as rude?! Have you seen your response to Raj? That is what you call rude. It's okay if you're worked up and all but when people who have been here longer and keep track of the situation oblige you with a response, then best believe we are only trying to be of help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
You refer to my comment as rude?! Have you seen your response to Raj? That is what you call rude. It's okay if you're worked up and all but when people who have been here longer and keep track of the situation oblige you with a response, then best believe we are only trying to be of help.
Well, honestly, some people are like that by nature. We are not their therapists so it is better that we ignore and move on. Let them do their thing and ride on that high horse of theirs into the abyss.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
The "sample set" on the tracker is definitely small and yes, the stats don't represent 85,000 people. What I mentioned was given the small number of cases in our sample set, applicants are still reporting test invites. Some of the sheets from 2019 are not being actively updated by the members in the month-wise 2019 threads so I take the time to update them. I can't update every single entry, there are several records in the sheet that are NOT updated. Plus, you might want to check 2019 tracker (multiple sheets), the number is definitely > 5.

About the part you asking me to google, I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

If more updates come in and you see the number of test invites increase, you can either update the forum telling that you made an incorrect comment OR you can still be in denial and do what you do best.

Again, the

If more updates come in and you see the number of test invites increase, you can write a post mentioning that your earlier assumption was incorrect OR you can close your eyes and be in denial and do what you do best.

Again, the information I shared with the Forum is what I've been told by an official source. So, I'd think twice before trying to argue that a spreadsheet comprising 76 applicants, which only constitutes %0.009 percent of the 85,000 applicants waiting for an online test invite, is any way representative of how IRCC is operating.

I have absolutely nothing to gain from sharing misleading information.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015

This forum is in no way, shape, or form indicative of the actual number of tests sent out.
IRCC said they were going to send out 5000 invite to a mix of high priority and people who had their tests canceled. If this first batch goes smoothly, then more will be invited.

Ballot2020

Dec 21, 2020
Is a job offer from USA considered as a support for an expedite application request? does anyone has previous experience or knowledge in this regard
Thanks

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Is a job offer from USA considered as a support for an expedite application request? does anyone has previous experience or knowledge in this regard
Thanks
I am in a similar position. I recall someone on this thread or other thread saying that it would only be against your case because you would actually be leaving the country as soon as you receive your citizenship which I can't agree more. I personally sent a webform inquiring urgent processing of my citizenship application with this regard, and the response from IRCC was simply generic "We have your application in process, so don't worry".

Reactions: his*marty

RifHero

Mar 28, 2019
Any family application with one adult invited to write the online test and not the other ? Did they move along with the one adult who took the test, meaning status changed from in process to decision made ?

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
New Citizens Monthly Data. I dont understand why after Sep 2020 it went down again. Source IRCC.

New Citizenships
Year
2019​
2020​
Jan
22,540​
24,928​
Feb
18,774​
27,008​
Mar
22,158​
9,684​
Apr
18,930​
14​
May
24,502​
61​
Jun
20,651​
1,716​
Jul
22,773​
7,013​
Aug
23,505​
10,317​
Sep
18,438​
13,819​
Oct
19,613​
9,194​
Nov
21,096​
3,365​
Total
232,980​
107,119​
IRCC increased the staff for spousal sponsorship in Sep 2020 and probably thats the reason the Citizenship applications declined from Oct., onwards.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ts/news/canada/2021/01/19/covid-separated-them-but-canadians-and-their-foreign-spouses-are-now-being-reunited-by-the-thousands.html

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thanks
Of course not.
Why would Canada quickly give a passport to someone waiting to leave?

Reactions: carl321

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Of course not.
Why would Canada quickly give a passport to someone waiting to leave?
Because he has the citizenship requirements fulfilled and under the NAFTA agreement is entitled to leave as a Canadian for a job in that country, while the citizenship processing delays are putting his livelihood and career at risk?

You guys have to understand that leaving Canada being an immigrant is not a crime nor reproachful.

In fact, among the best reasons to apply for Canadian citizenship is precisely the fact that you're leaving (so you can come back... home) because otherwise as a PR you have barely any reason to apply for citizenship.

Last edited: