+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You guys have to understand that leaving Canada being an immigrant is not a crime nor reproachful.
Don't make my say why I didn't say...
I wish everyone a speedy process, and I already know about the program you refer to.
The question remains, how is that privilege to Canadian citizenship an argument to speed up the process in itself?

Anyone can apply for urgent processing, and IRCC gets to decide whether to precess any given application normally or not, but a job outside Canada isn't (usually...) one of the accepted reasons.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Don't make my say why I didn't say...
I wish everyone a speedy process, and I already know about the program you refer to.
The question remains, how is that privilege to Canadian citizenship an argument to speed up the process in itself?

Anyone can apply for urgent processing, and IRCC gets to decide whether to precess any given application normally or not, but a job outside Canada isn't (usually...) one of the accepted reasons.
I tend to agree with this reasoning.

While there is certainly nothing wrong in accepting a job in the US and seeking a quicker Canadian passport for that reason, IRCC might not see it the same way IMO. If you, for instance, had a job offer with the RCMP on the condition that you would have to provide proof of Canadian citizenship by XX date, then yes, this is definitely a valid reason.

IMO, the OP can still apply for urgent processing and provide an explanation / evidence supporting his/her case. It is up to IRCC to decide if this is a valid request or not.

Please do let us know if you have any updates (if you choose to request urgent processing).

Reactions: Das67

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Habibi, thank you very much for your encouraging input. However, I highly doubt 5000 applicants were already invited.

My problem is that there are a few people in this group who have been rudely disputing (egged on by their cheerleaders) what I've shared and have been using a spreadsheet comprising 76 applicants as a point of reference. I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

I don't mind waiting. It's not like I can travel anywhere...
It's hard to say how many have been actually sent out without anyway to verify, azizi. I can sense you are discouraged and frustrated, so I hope you find salem and sabr and you get your next step soon. :)

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015

Tobyvan94

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
I dont get it why it's taking so long for them to send those test invites. Technically with this new online testing they could run even million test in one day and finally remove all backlogs.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I dont get it why it's taking so long for them to send those test invites. Technically with this new online testing they could run even million test in one day and finally remove all backlogs.
It’s a new workflow and software. There is no way they would ever send out a ton of these to test. Once they confirm that everything works as expected, they can start increasing the humber of tests sent out.

Also, while the test itself is easy to send to individual people, having enough employees to check each person’s webcam footage and administer the oath is not. Both of those steps will create a bottleneck.

GokulGuruprasad

Oct 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
I'm getting a bit restless too. Been almost 11 months since I applied, application went IP in November, nothing after that...

I can understand the frustration that some are facing here...

jcttt

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I'm getting a bit restless too. Been almost 11 months since I applied, application went IP in November, nothing after that...

I can understand the frustration that some are facing here...
It’s been almost 15 months since I applied my friend. Mine has been in process since feb 2020 FYI. There are people that applied even before me (Oct 2019) in the same situation. To be honest I lost all my excitement about this application given the way they are handling it.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
I am guessing they are finishing the probe phase of online tests this month...
I hope your right, I wrote my test 20 days ago and I still haven't heard anything. It's frustrating to see people received DM after 3, 5, 7, 14 days and I'm still waiting to see any update on eCAS other than "We started processing your application on January 22, 2020."

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Update on my process, I just got the virtual oath invite. So, my timeline:

Test Invite: Dec. 18th
Took test: Dec. 26th
Decision Made: Jan. 7th
Oath Invite: Jan. 22nd
Congrats - Is your normal process or urgent process?

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

I am happy to hear you received! I'm still waiting for DM...day 20.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Look at you go! Exciting ey? :) When is the ceremony?

PS: now you see that the decision couldn't have been otherwise ;)

Reactions: his*marty