+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Ballot2020

Dec 21, 2020
Of course not.
Why would Canada quickly give a passport to someone waiting to leave?
The company works in Canada and USA, however NAFTA rules allow only Canadian, Mexican, and US citizen to get TN visa, it is not allow for immigration but allow for work only. The connections with Canada remain and this is Canadian citizen privilege that PR can't provide,

Reactions: JHT

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
The tracker suggests that only 5 out of 76 applicants, most of who are from 2019, have received online test invites.

If you think that such a small number (5) is indicative of the roughly 85,000 applicants waiting to take the test, then I strongly suggest you type "statistics" in your Google search bar and try to grasp how they're compiled and calculated.
This is my take:

85,000 waiting for tests and 5,000 were invited. This is about 5.9% of all eligible test applicants. So, I went through the 2019 tracker and took counted everyone with an AOR and counted each single as 1 and each family as 2 eligible for writing the test, assuming the rest are children that do not need to write a test. Not saying this is perfect, but a near average. There are 1,041 members from this forum that are waiting for a test. That means the forum represents 1.2% percent of 85,000 waiting for a test. And, this is assuming that everyone who is on the spreadsheet returns to post their updates, which we know is never the case. So, the point of my rambling is that this forum represents a very small number of will be Canadians and we can't rely on the data here for who/how testing is happening, but it is used to give us a general idea of timelines in the average situation.

You will get your test. Soon I hope. :)

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
It is 1% but it is a fair sample in the sense it is not skewed in any direction. Other than the little info we get from IRCC, this is all the data we have got to navigate the situation.

If just some 5 out of 1041 people got online test invites in 2 months, that probably means something.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
It is 1% but it is a fair sample in the sense it is not skewed in any direction. Other than the little info we get from IRCC, this is all the data we have got to navigate the situation.

If just some 5 out of 1041 people got online test invites in 2 months, that probably means something.
Yes, so we can look at it this way

5,000 of 85,000 approximately 6%
1,050 of 85,000 approximately 1%

Therefore, our members numbers align with what was outlined by the government for the pilot.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've updated at least 3 - 4 entries with the test dates just today in the 2019 spreadsheet. And guess what, they aren't urgent applications. Happy to see the progress with test invites!

Reactions: his*marty

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
This is my take:

85,000 waiting for tests and 5,000 were invited. This is about 5.9% of all eligible test applicants. So, I went through the 2019 tracker and took counted everyone with an AOR and counted each single as 1 and each family as 2 eligible for writing the test, assuming the rest are children that do not need to write a test. Not saying this is perfect, but a near average. There are 1,041 members from this forum that are waiting for a test. That means the forum represents 1.2% percent of 85,000 waiting for a test. And, this is assuming that everyone who is on the spreadsheet returns to post their updates, which we know is never the case. So, the point of my rambling is that this forum represents a very small number of will be Canadians and we can't rely on the data here for who/how testing is happening, but it is used to give us a general idea of timelines in the average situation.

You will get your test. Soon I hope. :)
Habibi, thank you very much for your encouraging input. However, I highly doubt 5000 applicants were already invited.

My problem is that there are a few people in this group who have been rudely disputing (egged on by their cheerleaders) what I've shared and have been using a spreadsheet comprising 76 applicants as a point of reference. I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

I don't mind waiting. It's not like I can travel anywhere...

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
I've updated at least 3 - 4 entries with the test dates just today in the 2019 spreadsheet. And guess what, they aren't urgent applications. Happy to see the progress with test invites!
That's great. Guess what, the sample population you're using to support your argument is made up of 76 people. Do you know what else? According to IRCC's website, which was updated just 6 days ago, they're "doing tests and interviews for applicants who qualify for urgent processing" (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html).

I look forward to learning more about the results of your groundbreaking research. Your words apparently have more weight than what's written on IRCC'S website.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Habibi, thank you very much for your encouraging input. However, I highly doubt 5000 applicants were already invited.

My problem is that there are a few people in this group who have been rudely disputing (egged on by their cheerleaders) what I've shared and have been using a spreadsheet comprising 76 applicants as a point of reference. I'm sorry, but that's absurd.

I don't mind waiting. It's not like I can travel anywhere...
It's funny that you berate some people for not understanding Statistics but it doesn't seem like you have a good grasp of it yourself. You said "I highly doubt 5000 applicants were already invited". What is this doubt/objection based on? I'm curious, have you spoken to all the 85000 applicants and determined that number is inaccurate (sine you don't believe the datasheet are representative)?

Like Flandernss mentioned in an earlier post, despite the fact that the spreadsheet is minuscle it is still "Fair and representative" of the application pool as the data is not skewed in one direction or the other. I would respectfully suggest you read up Random Sampling Statistics to understand these nuances. No one is out to get you or anything.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
That's great. Guess what, the sample population you're using to support your argument is made up of 76 people. Do you know what else? According to IRCC's website, which was updated just 6 days ago, they're "doing tests and interviews for applicants who qualify for urgent processing" (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html).

I look forward to learning more about the results of your groundbreaking research. Your words apparently have more weight than what's written on IRCC'S website.
So what? Polling data usually comprises of a few thousand people and used to project how millions of people are going to vote. Guess what, those polling projections are more often than not accurate in their predictions. That's due to the "fair and representative" sampling we have been harping about. Understand these concepts before calling people names.

And speaking of nuances, "doing tests and interviews for applicants who qualify for urgent processing" is NOT the same as "doing test and interview for ONLY applicants who qualify for urgent processing"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It's funny that you berate some people for not understanding Statistics but it doesn't seem like you have a good grasp of it yourself. You said "I highly doubt 5000 applicants were already invited". What is this doubt/objection based on? I'm curious, have you spoken to all the 85000 applicants and determined that number is inaccurate (sine you don't believe the datasheet are representative)?

Like Flandernss mentioned in an earlier post, despite the fact that the spreadsheet is minuscle it is still "Fair and representative" of the application pool as the data is not skewed in one direction or the other. I would respectfully suggest you read up Random Sampling Statistics to understand these nuances. No one is out to get you or anything.
So what? Polling data usually comprises of a few thousand people and used to project how millions of people are going to vote. Guess what, those polling projections are more often than not accurate in their predictions. That's due to the "fair and representative" sampling we have been harping about. Understand these concepts before calling people names.

And speaking of nuances, "doing tests and interviews for applicants who qualify for urgent processing" is NOT the same as "doing test and interview for ONLY applicants who qualify for urgent processing"
Thank you!

The OP doesn't understand anything I've said and he is fixated on some '76 people'. There are far greater than 76 people on that tracker from June - December 2019.

The OP doesn't want to listen to reason and keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. Felt like I'm talking to a wall with a broken record stuck to it.

If I had a dollar for every person like the OP I've met in my 5+ years on this forum, I'd be rich by now. It seems to be a waste of time explaining anything to the OP as the OP chooses to believe the mysterious "trusted source" (Oooh!) he referenced in his earlier posts.

It would be a criminal waste of my time trying to explain something to someone akin to a wall that won't understand reason.

Last edited: