Online citizenship test

D

Deleted member 549667

Hi Guys,

My timelines are:
Application sent in April 2019
AOR July 2019
Finger Prints done in October 2019
Got another finger print request in November 2020 and Finger Prints done again in November 2020

My application moved from London to Mississauga as I moved from London to Toronto

Have not received the test request yet

My PR card expired in September 2020 and I didn't renew it hoping that I would get my Citizenship by then.

I know its a stupid question but any idea on tentative timelines as I am thinking whether to renew PR card or not

Regards,

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Guys,

My timelines are:
AOR July 2019
Got another finger print request in November 2020 and Finger Prints done again in November 2020

My application moved from London to Mississauga as I moved from London to Toronto

My PR card expired in September 2020 and I didn't renew it hoping that I would get my Citizenship by then.

I know its a stupid question but any idea on tentative timelines as I am thinking whether to renew PR card or not

Regards,
Its totally random and depends on the officer as we can see that some applicants from last quarter of 2019 received/receiving tests in the last one month.
So luck+officer plays big role in getting through each stage. As with online test, its little more chaos and random than the normal prediction.
As they just started on pilot testing, they should invite more from this quarter(as mentioned by the immigration minister). As your fingerprints are also done recently, you would get it in next few weeks.

But worst case i think that all 2019 applicants(except the exceptions) will get completed with oath at least by this year. Its my best hope since i am waiting for them to move to my 2020 application. if you plan to go out of country in a year then you should renew PR card just to avoid last minute headache before travel.

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
Online test date- 13th Dec
Application status changed to Decision made-27 Dec
No additional documents email received after the test or after status changed
Thanks

DODGE1981

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi Guys,

My timelines are:
AOR July 2019

Regards,
Hi , I am nearly from your case , my application was received 1 august 2019, begin to process my application on November 2019, they asked for a fingerprints on September 2020 and I submitted it, my PR card will end next may, till now no news, i don't know if you change your address it will be same office that handle your application, try to send them through the web form

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Online test date- 13th Dec
Application status changed to Decision made-27 Dec
No additional documents email received after the test or after status changed

I hope I hear within 2 weeks! :) But, I know it could take much longer as the letter said that they will be reviewing over the next few months. In any case, I'm just glad I've written the test and there's a light at the end of the 35 year long tunnel. lol

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I hope I hear within 2 weeks! :) But, I know it could take much longer as the letter said that they will be reviewing over the next few months. In any case, I'm just glad I've written the test and there's a light at the end of the 35 year long tunnel. lol
Ohh 35 years are tooooooo long. Would you mind telling us why didnt you apply earlier when majority of the people who immigrated to Canada few years ago are able to apply for citizenship after 3 years?

itwillbegood

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad/London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 Jun 2009
Doc's Request.
14 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
7 Mar 2012
File Transfer...
30 Jun 2010
Med's Request
16 May 2012
Med's Done....
8 June 2012
Passport Req..
4 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
2 Jan 2013
Ohh 35 years are tooooooo long. Would you mind telling us why didnt you apply earlier when majority of the people who immigrated to Canada few years ago are able to apply for citizenship after 3 years?
I guess he must have meant 35 years of struggle in life :)

• Love
Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
First of all, I am a woman. My life circumstances were difficult in Canada and I have been on my own since I was 15 years old. I've managed to work my way through life but had 2 children by 19 years old and 4 children by 26 years old. My financial priorities were not on getting my citizenship but on taking care of my children - this was my priority. In any case, it was always in the plan - but when you struggle all your life and you live pay cheque to pay cheque to support yourself and your children, doing citizenship was not the first thing on my mind - making sure my children were fed and had a safe household was my priority.

ETA: The time I lived with my parents from moving to Canada (at 4) and the time I left home they did not apply for it. They found it too expensive themselves at that time. In hindsight, it was only $50 per child...but they came to Canada sponsored by the church with a $6,000 travel loan from the government they had to repay in 2 years. So, it wasn't their priority either. That said, I am the last one in my family to apply for citizenship.

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Good luck, I wish you well in the citizenship application, and in life.

First of all, I am a woman. My life circumstances were difficult in Canada and I have been on my own since I was 15 years old. I've managed to work my way through life but had 2 children by 19 years old and 4 children by 26 years old. My financial priorities were not on getting my citizenship but on taking care of my children - this was my priority. In any case, it was always in the plan - but when you struggle all your life and you live pay cheque to pay cheque to support yourself and your children, doing citizenship was not the first thing on my mind - making sure my children were fed and had a safe household was my priority.

ETA: The time I lived with my parents from moving to Canada (at 4) and the time I left home they did not apply for it. They found it too expensive themselves at that time. In hindsight, it was only $50 per child...but they came to Canada sponsored by the church with a $6,000 travel loan from the government they had to repay in 2 years. So, it wasn't their priority either. That said, I am the last one in my family to apply for citizenship.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much @prash42 things are going well now. :) Over the years I have worked myself up to a comfortable position. The only hurdle is now my spousal sponsorship - that is a different nightmare.

Reactions: bago4c

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
did any of the applicants from April 2020 and after, get invited for online test ?? .. on the tracker it seems that everything stops after getting to InProgress

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

You've put up a fight like a Spartan and you came back home with your shield. Kudos to your perseverance.

I wish you all the very best!

Last edited: