+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

roserainy515

Feb 3, 2021
Hello,

Today I wrote my citizenship exam and I assumed that it would ask for the PR AND driver license as the proof of identity. But I could only take one picture of either ID's. However, my PR card does not have my signature on it.

The email that IRCC sent said,
"a photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
- your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
- a valid (not expired) ID such as driver’s license or health card"

So I am just worried if it would be valid or if I just delayed my citizenship process.

Hi,

just wondering if after you succeeded on the test did the interview happened, and was the test difficult? And is there any time limit for when you can do the test for example; in the morning, evening etc?

jugg

Dec 29, 2015
It happened to me.. My wife received the online test invite on April 15th and I haven't received anything until now.
By the way, I was asked to do fingerprints but she was not.
In your case, did any of you had to do fingerprints?
Me and my wife applied for citizenship in July 2020. On 15th April 2021 only my wife received fingerprints email. Therefore she had obtained her fingerprints on 16th April 2021. On 19th April 2021 we both received our online citizenship test through email. Accordingly we attempted and passed our citizenship online test on 26th April 2021. Now lets see what happened next.

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hello,

Today I wrote my citizenship exam and I assumed that it would ask for the PR AND driver license as the proof of identity. But I could only take one picture of either ID's. However, my PR card does not have my signature on it.

The email that IRCC sent said,
"a photo identification (ID) with your signature on it, such as
- your permanent resident (PR) card (even if it’s expired) or
- a valid (not expired) ID such as driver’s license or health card"

So I am just worried if it would be valid or if I just delayed my citizenship process.
yes, It's valid. it doesn't matter which one you used. As long it's clear.

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Hey everyone. Just an update on my progress:
Application date: August 12, 2019
AOR: August 16,2019
In Process: November 26, 2019
Test Invite: March 25, 2021
Test Taken: April 6, 2021 ( PASSED)
Interview Request: May 4, 2021
Interview Completed: May 6, 2021 ( 15 mins long)
DM: awaiting
Oath Invite: awaiting

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
What is the waiting time going on between the interview and the oath if anyone has an idea
Hey, the officer told me in the interview today that she isn’t sure what date I will get the oath invite. She advised they are doing the best they can to get everything rolled out. She also apologized to me for the short notice I received for my interview.

Reactions: mandhaata

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Hey, the officer told me in the interview today that she isn’t sure what date I will get the oath invite. She advised they are doing the best they can to get everything rolled out. She also apologized to me for the short notice I received for my interview.
Congratulations! And all the best for your next steps.

Hope they speed things up, I know that’s some wishful thinking :)

Reactions: Bunzie25

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi All,

I just passed my Online test. However the test results says its temporary. Just would like to know do we receive a official email saying we have passed?

And what is the next steps after passing the test?

Thanks in advance

Derekview

Mar 13, 2021
Thanks. Hopefully its soon

Reactions: Bunzie25