+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test

Derekview

Mar 13, 2021
Hi guys I got interview request for end of next month.

my expired passport is not with me here do I have to have that with me during interview and secondly my driving license change from Ontario to Alberta as I moved here. When I changed my driving license to Alberta they took my Ontario G license and give class 5 Alberta license. My current passport is still valid for 3 more years
I Wish I had expert advice on this. Moving to different place doesnt seem like an issue. If u used ur new passport in the application m not sure if old one will be required but Just guessing

raaj051

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
We have similar timelines but I have finished my interviews and now just waiting for oath. It sounds like your file might be non-routine, and some clearances might be pending. You can always call them or request ATIP notes to make sure.
can u please explain, which documents they requested ?

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
My wife did citizenship test on 29th jan 2021.she failed her first test 14/20.we were thinking that she will get another test date but today feb 10 she got an email about her interview which would be on 23rd of feb .I am bit confused did she actually passed the test or after interview she need to give another test.also if someone can help what questions can be ask in interview
Hello there, what happened in the end? Thanks

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
When receiving an online knowledge test invite, and then pass the test with an unofficial result email, is this an indication the process to be granted citizenship is near complete?

Are there cases where taking the test (online or in person) was not close enough to the finial stage at all, and other events have taken place in between?

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
I got a test invite and need some help
the test tutorial site says test link might take few mins to come can any one let know how long it takes to come in Gmail also do we need to copy the link in separate tab . Pls explain when the photo page appears does the laptop camera itself turns on or needs some action

Derekview

Mar 13, 2021
I got a test invite and need some help
the test tutorial site says test link might take few mins to come can any one let know how long it takes to come in Gmail also do we need to copy the link in separate tab . Pls explain when the photo page appears does the laptop camera itself turns on or needs some action
For me link came quick within a minute. Clicking link opens new tab and they will ask for permission to open the camera u click on yes. Dont worry its all pretty smooth.

Derekview

Mar 13, 2021
When receiving an online knowledge test invite, and then pass the test with an unofficial result email, is this an indication the process to be granted citizenship is near complete?

Are there cases where taking the test (online or in person) was not close enough to the finial stage at all, and other events have taken place in between?
Usually it is. Sometimes there is interview.

Chicademos

Apr 26, 2021
Hello,
I received my test invite and the instructions but I wanted some help with clarity, if anyone can be kind to provide. Please, can anyone who has done the test share what exactly happened on their test day? I am not asking for the questions or their difficulty level. I am interested in how the testing process went, it puts me at ease to know what to expect. I understand it may have already been answered but it is a little bit difficult to find as other conversations have built up and after going through some pages in this thread, I have been unable to find the specific answer to my question. I'd really appreciate if someone can help. Thank you very much.

Bunzie25

Jan 7, 2020
Hey
Hello,
I received my test invite and the instructions but I wanted some help with clarity, if anyone can be kind to provide. Please, can anyone who has done the test share what exactly happened on their test day? I am not asking for the questions or their difficulty level. I am interested in how the testing process went, it puts me at ease to know what to expect. I understand it may have already been answered but it is a little bit difficult to find as other conversations have built up and after going through some pages in this thread, I have been unable to find the specific answer to my question. I'd really appreciate if someone can help. Thank you very much.
Hey! I did my test on April 6th. The process was simple and straight forward. I did not experience any bugs/ glitches. You will click the link and follow the steps and agree to all terms/conditions. You will have to take a picture of your ID and then a picture of your face. You will have multiple attempts to get the picture right. Once you have a picture that is focused you will select okay and it will automatically save. The timer for the test does not start until you have submitted the photo for yourself and the ID. You will then answer the questions- please note your webcam will automatically come on once you start answering the questions- you will receive your results right away. They will not be official until the images have been reviewed that were taken by the webcam. Good luck!

Chicademos

Apr 26, 2021
Hey

Hey! I did my test on April 6th. The process was simple and straight forward. I did not experience any bugs/ glitches. You will click the link and follow the steps and agree to all terms/conditions. You will have to take a picture of your ID and then a picture of your face. You will have multiple attempts to get the picture right. Once you have a picture that is focused you will select okay and it will automatically save. The timer for the test does not start until you have submitted the photo for yourself and the ID. You will then answer the questions- please note your webcam will automatically come on once you start answering the questions- you will receive your results right away. They will not be official until the images have been reviewed that were taken by the webcam. Good luck!

Thank you so much for this and congratulations!!

Reactions: Bunzie25

TheJim

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Montreal, Quebec
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
17-08-2014
AOR Received.
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2014
LANDED..........
12-12-2014
Hello,

On the day of my test I opened the invitation email and re-read the instructions, it states you can use your PR card (even if expired) or another piece of ID (but it must have a signature if it is not the PR card)

I logged on to the test using the Chrome browser by clicking the invite link in the email.

You are asked to enter your Unique Client Identifier, Application number and date of birth etc.. to verify it's you.

You are also asked to take a picture using the webcam of the ID you are using, they give instructions on how to place it and a frame is shown on screen to line it up.

Once you are happy with the picture of your ID it is submitted and then you have to take a picture of yourself using the webcam.

They then ask that you read through several instructions and click to agree to the terms and conditions presented.

Once that's done, a message is displayed telling you that a second email is being sent to you to start the test.

I opened the link from the second email in another new tab and closed any other tabs at this point.

Test was completed and the pass result displayed along with a message that the results are not final until they have been reviewed by an agent and you are given the option to print the page and can then safely close the browser.

Chicademos

Apr 26, 2021
On the day of my test I opened the invitation email and re-read the instructions, it states you can use your PR card (even if expired) or another piece of ID (but it must have a signature if it is not the PR card)

I logged on to the test using the Chrome browser by clicking the invite link in the email.

You are asked to enter your Unique Client Identifier, Application number and date of birth etc.. to verify it's you.

You are also asked to take a picture using the webcam of the ID you are using, they give instructions on how to place it and a frame is shown on screen to line it up.

Once you are happy with the picture of your ID it is submitted and then you have to take a picture of yourself using the webcam.

They then ask that you read through several instructions and click to agree to the terms and conditions presented.

Once that's done, a message is displayed telling you that a second email is being sent to you to start the test.

I opened the link from the second email in another new tab and closed any other tabs at this point.

Test was completed and the pass result displayed along with a message that the results are not final until they have been reviewed by an agent and you are given the option to print the page and can then safely close the browser.
I really appreciate this, thank you!!!!

Reactions: TheJim

marika89

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Hi,
Does anyone know can the online test be taken outside Canada? Has anyone here done so?
I am planning to move back to my home country this year (citizenship application submitted on January 2021, paper version) and in my understanding the applicant can leave the country after. Because of covid everything is now online, so does it matter if I take the test or oath in the future in Europe or do I have to travel to Canada for them? I just don't see reason why would I need to be here for them due to covid.

Last edited: