+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
Hi Guys ,
Is there any possibilities we can change the date for oath ceremony? I have travel plan on march and will come back in April (emergency , my wife had a surgery in India so I have to go and get them.). I am taking my test next week. once I completed the test , they might invite for oath in two weeks.

Please suggest your ideas..... Thankyou

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys ,
Is there any possibilities we can change the date for oath ceremony? I have travel plan on march and will come back in April (emergency , my wife had a surgery in India so I have to go and get them.). I am taking my test next week. once I completed the test , they might invite for oath in two weeks.

Maybe you will be lucky like me... I wrote mine on January 2 and I don't even have decision made. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BOYX and minijoo

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi Guys ,

I hope your wife gets better soon.

Yes, you can re-schedule your oath ceremony if you get it before April by either raising a webform or responding to the oath invite e-mail (Someone who has taken the oath and has seen the instructions on the oath invite letter can weigh in here).

But please note that it might take significant time for you to get another invite with all this backlog in play.

Good luck!

Reactions: BOYX and PAUL MSD

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
I hope your wife gets better soon.

Yes, you can re-schedule your oath ceremony if you get it before April by either raising a webform or responding to the oath invite e-mail (Someone who has taken the oath and has seen the instructions on the oath invite letter can weigh in here).

But please note that it might take significant time for you to get another invite with all this backlog in play.

Good luck!
yes the backlogs is fine. .. i can wait for another invite . Because to get my wife and baby here safely is the first choice right . Thankyou for your valuable suggestion. i will do my exam next week and wait for the oath invite. will ask them to reschedule the ceremony. Thankyou bro once again.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
yes the backlogs is fine. .. i can wait for another invite . Because to get my wife and baby here safely is the first choice right . Thankyou for your valuable suggestion. i will do my exam next week and wait for the oath invite. will ask them to reschedule the ceremony. Thankyou bro once again.
Don't ask to reschedule until you receive the oath invite is my suggestion. :) Best of luck to you and your family!

PAUL MSD

Jan 11, 2017
Don't ask to reschedule until you receive the oath invite is my suggestion. :) Best of luck to you and your family!
sure once i get the invitation only i will ask them to reschedule. One of my friend told me, when he passed the exam they asked him do you have any travel plan? .. so if we yes to that question . they will reschedule the date.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
All the very best!

Reactions: adey786

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
sure once i get the invitation only i will ask them to reschedule. One of my friend told me, when he passed the exam they asked him do you have any travel plan? .. so if we yes to that question . they will reschedule the date.
I don't know about this because I wrote my test Jan. 2 and I haven't heard a peep from them at all, so really hard to say.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
My husband passed the exam on 1/1/2021,
and received the oath invitation for this Saturday, today.

Mississauga, Ontario
Congratulations!!! Finally Misssauga is throwing Oath invites...

Let's see when Scarborough starts the rainbow rain....

Reactions: PAUL MSD

O'canada

Oct 21, 2020
What is the Average time from Decision Made to Oath Invite Email ?
In very rare cases I see some folks completed their test and waiting for the Oath Invitation since Feb/Mar '2020.
What keeps them await such long to get Oath Invite ?

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
Morning Guys,

What is the average time for (that we see so far).
1.Moving applications from Test complete to Decision Made
Decision made to Oath ceremony

Specially for Scarborough applications

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Morning Guys,

What is the average time for (that we see so far).
1.Moving applications from Test complete to Decision Made
Decision made to Oath ceremony

Specially for Scarborough applications
To the best of my knowledge, none who took virtual test in January 2021 from Scarborough office has received a Decision Made or Oath invite yet. A 15/16 Jan test taker has interview on 18 Feb. I did test on 23 Jan and ecas still showing in process.

Apparently, Scarborough office is in a holding pattern for now.

When did you take a test?

Last edited: