Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
My friend's minor status didn't change even after the oath taking
Did the minor in your friend's family have all the citizenship documents the same time as the adults?

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Reactions: jeanp

Emil Marken

Apr 13, 2022
Thank you! Yes, you are correct. I didn’t get any request for extra documents. My only major concern is that I couldn’t get my picture of my PR card very sharp. My laptop webcam just couldn’t do it when I held the card close. It was legible, but just not really sharp. I would think that if it was a problem then they would have rescheduled another test and not went to decision made. I guess I’ll find out.
Hi Marty! I got the same case like you. I emailed bacj the rescanned Photo ID that was blurry right away. But it has been 5 days now and I still haven't received a reply yet. After you submitted a clear copy of tge Photo ID, were you able to skip of retaking the exam and went on to oathtaking?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
From the new online tracker, my language, physical presence ,citizenship test, Background, and Prohibitions are all completed.

Does it mean that mine is "Decision Made"? I couldn't find my application status from the old tracker.
Any input why you had an interview ? Even I had a ghost update on Feb 14th and there is no movement on my application. Physical Presence, Oath Ceremony and Prohibitions are still in progress. Thanks.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Any input why you had an interview ? Even I had a ghost update on Feb 14th and there is no movement on my application. Physical Presence, Oath Ceremony and Prohibitions are still in progress. Thanks.
I didn't have any interview.

Reactions: boomshanker

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
If you can please reply to the questions:

What is your exam location and how long have been waiting after the test marked completed in online tracker?

Halifax, Paper application, exam completed on 2/25 (50 days), Still waiting for oath.

Fatme2009

Star Member
May 14, 2021
It's not accurate. They received my application Sept 2019. IRCC is definately not first come first serve. I know people who applied for citizenship June 2021 and they have their citizenship and passport in hand. That's right, 9 months. I have been waiting 3 years.

There is nothing wrong with my file. Very easy straight-forward file. I came here from USA , married my husband and became PR in 2015. I applied for citizenship 2019. I never spent time out of the country. Very easy simple case. Even when I call IRCC , the agents are so confused as to why my application is so slow.

The processing times on IRCC's website are not valid. The time frames are not being met, where is the accountability?

How come 2021 applications are rapid fast. There is no excuse for this.

Covid......Afghanistan........Truckers...........Now Ukraine. IRCC is just using every excuse they can. While I sympathize with the situations around the world, and understand they are very important issues. In that case, they should not be doing any applications then. Why only focusing on 2021 applications ? Why ?

In one of the articles below, I believe the last one, there is a video with an immigraiton lawyer talking to CTV news, she says that for some reason IRCC is mainly working on 2021 applications, and not working very hard on the older ones. I have no idea why they would do this.

This is affecting me mentally 100%. Delays are ok if they are reasonable. These are not reasonable delays. 3 Years is not reasonable when they are writing on their website that the current wait time is up to 12 months.

My PR is now expired , I feel that if I renew it, it will give them an even bigger excuse to delay my application even more. I will just have to wait this out, it looks like it may take many many more years. According to the below articles, there are even people waiting since 2017/2018. I just don't know what to say.

News articles regarding this issue.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/immigration-delays-canada-1.6390170

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/immigration-new-comer-citizenship-1.6370047

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/soon-to-be-canadians-waiting-in-vain-to-hear-about-their-citizenship-applications-1.5728433
Don’t wo
Their site timeline doesn't mean much , they received my application August 2019 and i'm lost in limbo.
not don’t worry mine was July 2019 and just on March 28 got invitation For test I know took sooo long for us :(

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
If you can please reply to the questions:

What is your exam location and how long have been waiting after the test marked completed in online tracker?

Halifax, Paper application, exam completed on 2/25 (50 days), Still waiting for oath.
What do you mean by exam location when everyone has to take the test online now? I completed my test on 1/25 and am still waiting for the next step.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Exam location is from which location you are?
If you are referring to processing office, mine is Mississauga. In terms of exam location, I guess it's either in Canada or abroad. I took my test in Canada. My test was marked completed on 1/25, everything else but citizenship ceremony was marked completed on 2/21 and I'm still waiting for the next step.

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
A friend who used to be in this forum but is all done so doesn't visit any more sent me this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html?fbclid=IwAR2F1JagSHcWO5kSAgQUEE9DZejI-f5jUxz9CboBq7_YbwaewPqf6w2nWlQ
It is about service standards not being met and refunds. Seems you should have your oath 4 months after you pass your test or you are entitled to a partial refund of your fees. Anyone know about this?

Right of Citizenship

The Right of Citizenship service standard is a maximum of 4 months. The first invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony must be sent to the applicant within 4 months of the date of their positive grant decision.

The remission will be

• 25% of the fee for less than 4 months past the service standard, and
  • 50% of the fee, if for more than 4 months past the service standard

Reactions: jeanp

pvarma

Star Member
May 4, 2017
A friend who used to be in this forum but is all done so doesn't visit any more sent me this.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/service-fee-act-remissions-policy-2021.html?fbclid=IwAR2F1JagSHcWO5kSAgQUEE9DZejI-f5jUxz9CboBq7_YbwaewPqf6w2nWlQ
It is about service standards not being met and refunds. Seems you should have your oath 4 months after you pass your test or you are entitled to a partial refund of your fees. Anyone know about this?

Right of Citizenship

The Right of Citizenship service standard is a maximum of 4 months. The first invitation to attend a citizenship ceremony must be sent to the applicant within 4 months of the date of their positive grant decision.

The remission will be

• 25% of the fee for less than 4 months past the service standard, and
  • 50% of the fee, if for more than 4 months past the service standard
I guess this is applicable after DM, not after passing the test

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
This disclaimer basically covers IRCC (I think)..

Exceptional circumstances are defined as circumstances outside IRCC’s control such as, but not limited to

• unforeseen system disruptions and/or failures
  • natural disasters
  • emergency situations that cause
    • a closure of an office
    • a reduction in the service offerings within the office, or
    • a surge of applications outside the department’s control that causes a disruption to the normal operation of an office
  • unforeseen office closures
  • labour disruption
  • third-party service and/or service provider service interruptions or delays, where IRCC does not have a contractual agreement with the service provider
  • major legislative and/or policy changes enacted by foreign governments
I guess they can always say COVID is an exceptional circumstance. BTW, how would you trigger this refund? is it automatic? I was trying to find how we could initiate this process but no luck.

Reactions: Orlaith

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Hello,
as far as I see it on the IRCC website processing times are 27 month now.
I have no access anymore to the weekly update where they actually told you on what application timeframe the worked (it might be different for other applicants).
So I applied for another PR card renewal because 27 month is a long time and I'm only 13.5 month in. I had my test March 04-22 and it was updated March 16-22. Since them no further updates on Oath or anything else.
it would be nice if the PR renewal for those with active citizenship applications was free...