+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Does anyone know what the reason for the below could be? The background verification returned to "In progress" although the fingerprint did not expire!

Fingerprint request: November 5, 2021
Submitted: November 6, 2021.
Received: December 20, 2021
Jan 24 2022: Background verification: Updated to "completed"
March 8, 2022: Background verification updated to "In progress"

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Hello everyone! Stumbled on this forum post a while back as my partner and I have been awaiting our citizenship grant. Details below:

applied: November 2020
Application filed: feb 10, 2021
Test scheduled: Jan 21, 2022
Test taken: feb 6, 2022
Kitchener IRCC

No updates since. Both of us passed our tests (got the unofficial pass, but hasn’t been reviewed for the official pass).
Curious as we’ve been watching the tracker and they are very behind in 2019 still, but from the looks of some of the replies here, that tracker doesn’t apply always. Fingers crossed we get some updates soon, I’ve been checking religiously daily since we passed our tests.
Same office, completed test dec 30, confirmation jan 05, DM March 09, waiting for Oath.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
See my signature.

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
Did test March 14Th, is market as completed on the tracker 3 days after (17th). That means I passed?
Nothing else is market as completed except BV(that has been completed since august)

Clauds1974

Mar 7, 2022
Hello :D me again,

I was just wondering if someone has a family application like me.
I did my citizenship test on March 04-2022 and its marked now as completed in my tracker.
My husband and son did it on March 05-2022 and nothing changed in their online tracker.

I'm just wondering if theirs get later processed or why nothing is changing in their tracker. I always thought as a family the same officer is working on the file.

I'm just curious if their status will change as well.

And I didn't get anything in writing (email) that I passed the Test (was only updated as completed in the tracker).

Language skills- In progress
Physical presence- In progress
Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started.

So I assume all of this has to be checked as completed before the citizenship is done.

I have the feeling this is a never ending story with the Citizenship :).
Anyways I would appreciate if someone could share their experience on the family application.

Thank you
Clauds

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
3 of my friends who applied for citizenship last 2020 they have different timelines, the first one took their oath last July, the 2nd one (there's a delay because she needs to submit some documents last 2021) and took their oath last February 2022. The third one, they submitted their application last 2020 and took their oath last week of February (which she said exactly 1 year and 7 months of application

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
Hello :D me again,

I was just wondering if someone has a family application like me.
I did my citizenship test on March 04-2022 and its marked now as completed in my tracker.
My husband and son did it on March 05-2022 and nothing changed in their online tracker.

I'm just wondering if theirs get later processed or why nothing is changing in their tracker. I always thought as a family the same officer is working on the file.

I'm just curious if their status will change as well.

And I didn't get anything in writing (email) that I passed the Test (was only updated as completed in the tracker).

Language skills- In progress
Physical presence- In progress
Prohibitions - In progress
Citizenship ceremony - Not started.

So I assume all of this has to be checked as completed before the citizenship is done.

I have the feeling this is a never ending story with the Citizenship :).
Anyways I would appreciate if someone could share their experience on the family application.

Thank you
Clauds
My partner and I have a family application. We took our exams one after the other on feb 6th. Both still showing in progress for the citizenship test.

Clauds1974

Mar 7, 2022
Hello,

also I'm confused because I send my Application (paper)to:
CPC-Sydney -grant-
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

But my Citizenship test invites came from Edmonton, AB. (We live only 450 km away from there).

So does that mean they transferred our Paperwork from Novo Scotia to Edmonton?

Do they process now the paperwork in Edmonton? It's so confusing.

Thanks for any input on my questions.

Clauds

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

also I'm confused because I send my Application (paper)to:
CPC-Sydney -grant-
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

But my Citizenship test invites came from Edmonton, AB. (We live only 450 km away from there).

So does that mean they transferred our Paperwork from Novo Scotia to Edmonton?

Do they process now the paperwork in Edmonton? It's so confusing.

Thanks for any input on my questions.

Clauds
Do you live in NS? All applications are initially sent to a central office in NS, and then redistributed based on applicant's location. However, during the pandemic, the distribution was more to balance the load of different offices.

Clauds1974

Mar 7, 2022
Do you live in NS? All applications are initially sent to a central office in NS, and then redistributed based on applicant's location. However, during the pandemic, the distribution was more to balance the load of different offices.
No we live in Alberta but we had to send our application to Nova Scotia. Just confused about that we send everything to NS and get the invites from Edmonton Alberta. And they say Edmonton is a very slow office :) .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
No we live in Alberta but we had to send our application to Nova Scotia. Just confused about that we send everything to NS and get the invites from Edmonton Alberta. And they say Edmonton is a very slow office :) .
Since you live in Alberta, your file was transferred there. This is what should happen. NS is the central office. They don't process all applications.

Mari_8

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Costa Rica Destination city: Saskatoon
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
México
App. Filed.......
April 4
Doc's Request.
Gckey link: april 28. May 4: Schedule A and digital photo , pcc with initial application
AOR Received.
Aor1: April 27. Aor2:Jun 2 ECAS process. Official email AOR2: July 5
File Transfer...
May 15 VO México
Med's Request
May 1
Med's Done....
May 8. Med passed: May 9
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
November 21
VISA ISSUED...
December 12th
LANDED..........
January 31, 2018
Saskatoon office is my primary office and CPC Sidney is my secondary office at least that is how it is in my Notes. I thought that it was Manitoba Saskatchewan because my citizenship test came from there but in my notes doesn't mention Manitoba at all. That is so weird.

livingincanada2016

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
I have done my test in late February. I have only one name in my Indian passport and I have done fingerprints and then I have done the test, which is passed and my background check and exam are marked as completed in online portal.
I am waiting for DM/ Oath invite.

I have a question regarding my name situation. Once the oath is done and I am applying for passport, then what will be the names I would be using in my passport application?

My current name in my file is
First Name - (blank)
Last name - ABC XYZ (two word name with a space)

Anyone else have this situation or know something about it.