Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
I am also in the same boat. I wrote a test passed but forgot to take picture of my photo id. Both the places I have captured my pic in the test. I have given the test on 9 Mar and did not see any update. Appreciate it if anyone has a similar issue what are the next steps? invalidate the results or they will ask photo id? @
tomasmrsfg, please update here if you receive any update
Hello, I just received an email from the Saskatoon immigration office and requested to send a photo of government issued ID preferably government ID issued by the government of the province where we are living at as soon as possible.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Congrats on your test success. Regarding your husband who forgot to take picture of his ID, don't worry too much. He will be sent an email requesting a copy of his photo ID, preferably Provincial Gov't issued. I know some people personally who this happened to. They got the email within 2 weeks, so this shouldn't impact your processing timeline.
Hi, I guess you are right. I received an email requesting for a government id issued by the province where we are living at.
Thank you

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My interview is on next Thursday and I just found out I made a mistake on my physical presence by 1 day. Hope this won't be a big issue. Passport stamps are clear and hard to read so I miscalculated it by 1 day.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Do you know if IRCC stops processing applications if someone is outside of Canada?
No, I took my test outside and now I will take interview outside next week. They said it is fine.

Reactions: hungkubu and mbv747

Reddy1212

Oct 17, 2014
Hello, I just received an email from the Saskatoon immigration office and requested to send a photo of government issued ID preferably government ID issued by the government of the province where we are living at as soon as possible.
Thank you for the update. Hopefully, I will also receive an email for a photo id. I have given the test on 9 March and still waiting.

Reactions: tomasmrsfg

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Any reason for the interview? I am under the assumption that after the citizenship test it should be an oath.
In my GCMS notes, it says applicant took test outside Canada so identity verification is required through interview.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
My wife took the exam back in july 2021 outside Canada, once back she forwarded the return ticket and proof that she is inside Canada. Since then there is no words about the next steps (radio silence). Is this normal ? It is been 8 months

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
My wife took the exam back in july 2021 outside Canada, once back she forwarded the return ticket and proof that she is inside Canada. Since then there is no words about the next steps (radio silence). Is this normal ? It is been 8 months
That's a bit long. See my signature.

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
Hello everyone! Stumbled on this forum post a while back as my partner and I have been awaiting our citizenship grant. Details below:

applied: November 2020
Application filed: feb 10, 2021
Test scheduled: Jan 21, 2022
Test taken: feb 6, 2022
Kitchener IRCC

No updates since. Both of us passed our tests (got the unofficial pass, but hasn’t been reviewed for the official pass).
Curious as we’ve been watching the tracker and they are very behind in 2019 still, but from the looks of some of the replies here, that tracker doesn’t apply always. Fingers crossed we get some updates soon, I’ve been checking religiously daily since we passed our tests.
Update: citizenship test has been changed to completed on 3/22, woohoo!
In progress still: language skills, physical presence, prohibitions. Almost there hopefully!

Lovelycomplex

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 7th 2014
Doc's Request.
Jan 26th 2015-Marriage Certificate request
AOR Received.
Feb 11Th 2015 AOR2 AG 5th 2015-pgr
File Transfer...
SA- Feb 12Th 2015
Med's Done....
Medicals received on Ecas
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
let us know what kind of things they ask on the interview :)
In my GCMS notes, it says applicant took test outside Canada so identity verification is required through interview.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
I have done my test in late February. I have only one name in my Indian passport and I have done fingerprints and then I have done the test, which is passed and my background check and exam are marked as completed in online portal.
I am waiting for DM/ Oath invite.

I have a question regarding my name situation. Once the oath is done and I am applying for passport, then what will be the names I would be using in my passport application?

My current name in my file is
First Name - (blank)
Last name - ABC XYZ (two word name with a space)

Anyone else have this situation or know something about it.
However your name is written in your Indian passport, the name with Canada government will remain the same as used in your PR application, landing documents and now the citizenship application. If you want to change your name or how it's written (of course in English alphabet) I believe you need to go through a different process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/change-name.html. A good question to ask is whether or not you can do it when you start applying for your passport or should get the passport first with the current name and then change it. Maybe someone with the experience in name change can share.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
However your name is written in your Indian passport, the name with Canada government will remain the same as used in your PR application, landing documents and now the citizenship application. If you want to change your name or how it's written (of course in English alphabet) I believe you need to go through a different process here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/change-name.html. A good question to ask is whether or not you can do it when you start applying for your passport or should get the passport first with the current name and then change it. Maybe someone with the experience in name change can share.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/forms.html

Reactions: jeanp

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Hello,

also I'm confused because I send my Application (paper)to:
CPC-Sydney -grant-
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

But my Citizenship test invites came from Edmonton, AB. (We live only 450 km away from there).

So does that mean they transferred our Paperwork from Novo Scotia to Edmonton?

Do they process now the paperwork in Edmonton? It's so confusing.

Thanks for any input on my questions.

Clauds
Where exactly in the test invite did you find the location of the processing office? I don't see any address in my invite and assume it came from NS where I originally sent the application to.