FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thank you @Dreamlad and @akbardxb for your responses :)

Quick follow up: I understand that we have to be in Canada for the oath ceremony, but it's still unclear for me if I have to be physically present in Canada for the interview or it can be done from outside Canada as well. Any ideas?
The only reason why
Passed the test on NOV 12th 2021.

4 months later still no invitation to the Virtual Ceremony.

Any suggestions?

On the CIC profile, everything is still in progress, last update DEC 10th. LOL
See my signature.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
question from a friend for online test. When taking picture of your ID the letters on the ID are reverse/mirror , is it acceptable ?
As far as I remember the picture taken during the test is of the correct orientation, not flipped or mirrored. When I moved my ID card to the right and the photo in the screen moved to the left. This is definitely NOT a mirror thing in which the photo in the computer always moves the same direction with your actual movement. After taking the photo if you download the photo taken, the text reads correctly, not in reverse. So no worries about it, just follow what the online test requires you to do, i.e. facing the identity info in the front of the card towards the computer screen and click to take the photo.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Thank you @Dreamlad and @akbardxb for your responses :)

Quick follow up: I understand that we have to be in Canada for the oath ceremony, but it's still unclear for me if I have to be physically present in Canada for the interview or it can be done from outside Canada as well. Any ideas?
Other members have done it outside. I'm still outside and my interview is on March 31st. I don't plan to come back for interview.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
I am new here in the forum and would like to share our timeline
Submitted our application for citizenship - June 2021
Application Received - September 2022
Background Verification Completed - January 2022
Invitation to take the test - March 2, 2022 (March 4 - March 24, 2022)
Test date : March 13, 2022 (passed) awaiting for confirmation from the IRRC
English Language - In progress
Presence - In progress

* my husband passed the exam too but he forgot to take a photo of his ID so I guess we need to wait a little longer

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I am new here in the forum and would like to share our timeline
Submitted our application for citizenship - June 2021
Application Received - September 2022
Background Verification Completed - January 2022
Invitation to take the test - March 2, 2022 (March 4 - March 24, 2022)
Test date : March 13, 2022 (passed) awaiting for confirmation from the IRRC
English Language - In progress
Presence - In progress

* my husband passed the exam too but he forgot to take a photo of his ID so I guess we need to wait a little longer
Congrats on your test success. Regarding your husband who forgot to take picture of his ID, don't worry too much. He will be sent an email requesting a copy of his photo ID, preferably Provincial Gov't issued. I know some people personally who this happened to. They got the email within 2 weeks, so this shouldn't impact your processing timeline.

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
Congrats on your test success. Regarding your husband who forgot to take picture of his ID, don't worry too much. He will be sent an email requesting a copy of his photo ID, preferably Provincial Gov't issued. I know some people personally who this happened to. They got the email within 2 weeks, so this shouldn't impact your processing timeline.
Thanks for the information. Didn't they invalidate the test, as what is written on the Discovery of Canada?

Reddy1212

Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for the information. Didn't they invalidate the test, as what is written on the Discovery of Canada?
I am also in the same boat. I wrote a test passed but forgot to take picture of my photo id. Both the places I have captured my pic in the test. I have given the test on 9 Mar and did not see any update. Appreciate it if anyone has a similar issue what are the next steps? invalidate the results or they will ask photo id? @
tomasmrsfg, please update here if you receive any update

Pitlord

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
You could check the old portal to see if a decision has been made. In that case you would be one of the thousands awaiting oath; some have been waiting for 6 months or more, some have got the invitation in 2 weeks. If you don't seen DM on ECAS, then there could be something else holding up your application.
what is DM or ECAS? where do I find it?
and what is "Something else" that could hold up my application?

Thanks

tomasmrsfg

Oct 2, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
I am also in the same boat. I wrote a test passed but forgot to take picture of my photo id. Both the places I have captured my pic in the test. I have given the test on 9 Mar and did not see any update. Appreciate it if anyone has a similar issue what are the next steps? invalidate the results or they will ask photo id? @
tomasmrsfg, please update here if you receive any update
for sure will let you know

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
Hello everyone! Stumbled on this forum post a while back as my partner and I have been awaiting our citizenship grant. Details below:

applied: November 2020
Application filed: feb 10, 2021
Test scheduled: Jan 21, 2022
Test taken: feb 6, 2022
Kitchener IRCC

No updates since. Both of us passed our tests (got the unofficial pass, but hasn’t been reviewed for the official pass).
Curious as we’ve been watching the tracker and they are very behind in 2019 still, but from the looks of some of the replies here, that tracker doesn’t apply always. Fingers crossed we get some updates soon, I’ve been checking religiously daily since we passed our tests.

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
For me it took 4 business day, montreal office
For me, it got updated the same day I took the test. I took the test around 5:30am on February 28, and my online tracker showed completed later in the same day - Calgary office .

mohdmayar

Star Member
May 31, 2017
I’m in the same boat, FP done 2nd time on January 27th and received March 04 and background gone completed same day. Everything is marked green instead of “Prohibition” . Anybody have idea why Prohibition is still not completed yet and all other marked completed (Green) including background check ?
We are not in the same boat. My background verification returned to "In progress" after it has been updated to "completed" two months ago. The fingerprint did not expire. It was still valid

Fingerprint request: November 5, 2021
Submitted: November 6, 2021.
Received: December 20, 2021
Jan 24 2022: Background verification: Updated to "completed"
March 8, 2022: Background verification updated to "In progress"