+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Bro passed the exam .. unofficial score has came.. waiting for next step.. so once i get the oath date.. i can change it right?/?
AFAIK, yes. You can request them to have you rescheduled.

Good luck.

Just let them know the emergency nature of your travel so that they don't think you just left Canada and are staying abroad when your application is being processed.

Reactions: PAUL MSD

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
My friend time for the nudge.

Send a webform to follow up ! Also touch base with the north star (also from same location as yours).
I sent a webform yesterday as it was day 40, inchallah they send me some better info.... but I'm not hopeful. I found 3 other winnipegers and one messaged me back, he hasn't heard anything yet since he's written his test. The other two, I'm not sure if they did a test yet.

Reactions: adey786

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Let me know if you are successful at getting something other than a generic answer. I've sent multiple web forms so far, and every time they only care enough to copy and paste their generic answer, so I am so fed up to even see another one in my inbox lol
I don't expect much different.... the last one I sent was before my test and it took a month to reply..and I had already written my test! It said to wait for further details regarding an oath ceremony.

Reactions: minijoo

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
i'm done with my test on 7th Feb and called CIC help desk to check where do i stand in DM or Oath. Lady over call mentioned my file doesn't include the test pass details yet.
Is this normal, will it take more time to reflect the test passed details in the file.
I'm from Scarborough location.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I sent a webform yesterday as it was day 40, inchallah they send me some better info.... but I'm not hopeful. I found 3 other winnipegers and one messaged me back, he hasn't heard anything yet since he's written his test. The other two, I'm not sure if they did a test yet.

Let's hope for the best ! Hopefully inshaAllah you would get Oath invite soon. All the best.

Yesterday many people reported participating in Oath ceremony. I understand they were from all over Canada. Like, some participants were from Vancouver, others were from Toronto (caveat : I don't know if they had same time for the Oath and they all were present in same ceremony, nor do I know how many ceremonies took place yesterday.)

For now on my theory is that virtual ceremony is planned centrally and processing offices are coordinating with central Oath planning team. Perhaps there is a line up there for the ceremony hence the delay.

Reactions: his*marty

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Let's hope for the best ! Hopefully inshaAllah you would get Oath invite soon. All the best.

Yesterday many people reported participating in Oath ceremony. I understand they were from all over Canada. Like, some participants were from Vancouver, others were from Toronto (caveat : I don't know if they had same time for the Oath and they all were present in same ceremony, nor do I know how many ceremonies took place yesterday.)

For now on my theory is that virtual ceremony is planned centrally and processing offices are coordinating with central Oath planning team. Perhaps there is a line up there for the ceremony hence the delay.
Interesting thoughts. I don't believe that would be the case, otherwise they would be processing them all centrally and going in order, no? There are many who wrote their test well after me that received their oath invite. In a previous email they did tell me my file was in Winnipeg awaiting oath invite. Anyways, nothing I can do and try as I may I lack sabr... I struggle with it. But, I feel like all I do in this life is wait, wait, wait. lol

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
i'm done with my test on 7th Feb and called CIC help desk to check where do i stand in DM or Oath. Lady over call mentioned my file doesn't include the test pass details yet.
Is this normal, will it take more time to reflect the test passed details in the file.
I wrote my test January 2 and I still haven't heard anything. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: saiphanendra

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Interesting thoughts. I don't believe that would be the case, otherwise they would be processing them all centrally and going in order, no? There are many who wrote their test well after me that received their oath invite. In a previous email they did tell me my file was in Winnipeg awaiting oath invite. Anyways, nothing I can do and try as I may I lack sabr... I struggle with it. But, I feel like all I do in this life is wait, wait, wait. lol

Don't worry you are almost there. Hopefully you will get it soon.

All I think is as follows : at least I don't have to study for test anymore.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM
Don't worry you are almost there. Hopefully you will get it soon.

All I think is as follows : at least I don't have to study for test anymore.
That's true, although it was likely the shortest and quickest test I've ever had to do in my life. lol

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16

I am from Scarborough office too , did test on 23 January and still no update , no DM nor Oath email. I know calling is mostly useless , however I am happy that agent provided somewhat useful information than a standard tantrum.

I hope to have some update this or the next week ! In any case, I am heading towards expiry of my FPs by end of next week, and I am mentally ready if I would be asked to redo FP.

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Test done on Jan 22: passed (20/20)
DM: Feb 4th

Now waiting for oath. Since they invite groups of people when taking oath, perhaps they are trying to get as many as possible in a date before sending out oath invitations?

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019

Now waiting for oath. Since they invite groups of people when taking oath, perhaps they are trying to get as many as possible in a date before sending out oath invitations?
Do you know your local visa office?

hola1997

Star Member
Dec 5, 2019
Do you know your local visa office?
Most likely Montreal based on my current address. I know the oath invitation timeline can vary from a few days up to weeks and a month. A member who just went through oath taking said there were 30 people at his oath ceremony so I'm guessing they are waiting for more people? My test invitation period lasted from Jan 21st until Feb 11th, but idk.

his*marty

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2020
Category........
FAM

I don't know... I've been waiting 41 days... so I think they do it by VO.