+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

saiphanendra

Star Member
Mar 16, 2020
I am from Scarborough office too , did test on 23 January and still no update , no DM nor Oath email. I know calling is mostly useless , however I am happy that agent provided somewhat useful information than a standard tantrum.

I hope to have some update this or the next week ! In any case, I am heading towards expiry of my FPs by end of next week, and I am mentally ready if I would be asked to redo FP.
what make me worried is when i called lady over phone said that there is no entry on file about test completion.

• Wow
Reactions: his*marty

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
what make me worried is when i called lady over phone said that there is no entry on file about test completion.

I perhaps spoke to the same lady a while ago!!!

Even no one has touched my file though I gave test on 23 January. Since my fingerprints are expiring in 3 weeks, so I was asked to raise a web query.

Let's see !

• Angry
Reactions: his*marty

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
I did test on 23 January (Scarborough) and I spoke to an customer representative on phone a while ago.

Per conversation, no one has touched my file. Since my fingerprints are expiring soon, I was advised to send a webform asking for a status. So I did! I asked a very tight lipped question asking for status and specifically when I will get an Oath invite. I am on a right rope, either I will get an invite within a week or my file will go back to the pile of dust once they send me a new fingerprint request.

I mean, it is what it is......voila?

Every case is different, and so is every officer. Let's see what comes next.
I don't expect much different.... the last one I sent was before my test and it took a month to reply..and I had already written my test! It said to wait for further details regarding an oath ceremony.
This made me kinda nervous that my file may have been forgotten as well, so I decided to call IRCC just now. I basically asked if there has been any updates since I wrote my test on Jan 4 and added a point that it's quite strange that some applicants who wrote their test around the same time as I did had their status changed to DM or oath ceremonies while I had not heard back at all. He looked into my file and confirmed that the results for the second set of fingerprints received about a month ago were clear, and that the test result was officially a pass. I was also assured that as of now there is nothing to be done on my side and that the officer is working on my file as there was recent updates to my file. Honestly, I wish IRCC would be more transparent in updating their applicants... I guess I am somewhat relieved to hear these updates at least. Now I know my application is not somewhere in a pile of forgotten applications lol

Oh, and I was surprised to get connected to an agent that's actually helpful for the first time. If I waited over an hour just to hear another generic answer, I might have blown up this time haha

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
This made me kinda nervous that my file may have been forgotten as well, so I decided to call IRCC just now. I basically asked if there has been any updates since I wrote my test on Jan 4 and added a point that it's quite strange that some applicants who wrote their test around the same time as I did had their status changed to DM or oath ceremonies while I had not heard back at all. He looked into my file and confirmed that the results for the second set of fingerprints received about a month ago were clear, and that the test result was officially a pass. I was also assured that as of now there is nothing to be done on my side and that the officer is working on my file as there was recent updates to my file. Honestly, I wish IRCC would be more transparent in updating their applicants... I guess I am somewhat relieved to hear these updates at least. Now I know my application is not somewhere in a pile of forgotten applications lol

Oh, and I was surprised to get connected to an agent that's actually helpful for the first time. If I waited over an hour just to hear another generic answer, I might have blown up this time haha

Great! You should be getting Oath invite soon.

I hope I will have a new fingerprints request sometime next couple of weeks so that I can go back to the Oath queue.

Reactions: minijoo

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Great! You should be getting Oath invite soon.

I hope I will have a new fingerprints request sometime next couple of weeks so that I can go back to the Oath queue.
A question. Are fingerprints valid for only one year? Do we need to provide fingerprints again?

peedvar

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I’ve been waiting since mid-December. Radio silence. I’ve called, sent in a webform etc...nothing except the generic answer. My fingerprints expired too.
I created a channel for gathering support to send in a petition to escalate to the Minister, being stuck in limbo is super frustrating for all of us.
Does it matter that the fingerprints have expired? Are they not supposed to be for a single check? Or once flagged, IRCC would check once in a year for criminal activity? Last time I called IRCC, i was told that criminal checks are done.

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
Finger prints always require? Passed online test on 11-Feb and waiting for interview —>oak invitation and certificate issue date.

crazycitizen

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
All,
We took our Online Test on 13th Feb'21 & Passed.
Today, received a mail from them saying one of our IDs pic was blurry asking us to send a clearer copy of ID which we did today.
Keeping our fingers crossed, waiting for next step. Hopefully no more surprises.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
All,
We took our Online Test on 13th Feb'21 & Passed.
Today, received a mail from them saying one of our IDs pic was blurry asking us to send a clearer copy of ID which we did today.
Keeping our fingers crossed, waiting for next step. Hopefully no more surprises.
Thanks for posting this! It’s actually really useful to know that if your picture is a bit blurry, they’ll ask for another and not just invalidate the test. A few of us found it hard to get a nice sharp picture using a webcam.