Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Regular application received at IRCC on April 20, 2020;
AOR Sept 16, 2020;
In-process Nov. 27, 2020;
FP Jan 11, 2021;
Test invite April 14, 2021.
Test taken and passed: April 18 (CST)/19 (EDT)

Now waiting for official test result confirmation and/or dm/oath.

Reactions: Aamurao14

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Is there anyone from Saskatchewan here who can tell me how long it took to get DM/oath after passing the test?

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
The options changed significantly now, they need to follow the prompt and enter UCI before selecting. From calling to reach the actual person will take 7 mins now lol
Oh wow! Thanks for that info ...I called last Apr 5th using these after I put my UCI. I guess best is for them to follow the prompt as you’ve advised. Tnx

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
Thanks, it's really good to know this. I was getting a bit worried because I saw some people getting DMs just a few weeks after the test. I guess it's normally a longer wait (few months). Hopefully we will hear back soon ..
I think it really depends on the individual case... People who passed residency and language checks before the test (typically for those applied in 2019) will receive DM very shortly after the test. Recently some people (including me) received test invites before residency and language checks are completed, in this case I guess we will have to wait a lot longer... :(

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
During my online test, I unfortunately forgot to close PDF file for test invite and on chrome only one test tab was for duration of test? Will I have to test again or would consider as cheating? PDF file open was test invite information file downloaded from my email
No worries, many people have other tabs open and still passed the tests without issue. As long as you didn't switch to other tabs or windows during the test, you are fine! If you still have some doubts, just call IRCC about a week later, typically they will be able to confirm your official result at that time. :)

Reactions: eastguy123

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

Quick question; I passed my test on the 15th of April, 2021 but I my ECAS hasn't been updated yet and I've yet to receive an email from IRCC acknowledging/confirming the test result.

Is that normal?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

Quick question; I passed my test on the 15th of April, 2021 but I my ECAS hasn't been updated yet and I've yet to receive an email from IRCC acknowledging/confirming the test result.

Is that normal?
Quite in line with everyone else here. Secondly, there will be no email from IRCC confirming your test results. You can call them to confirm your test results if you want (give them a week or two after the test).

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Quite in line with everyone else here. Secondly, there will be no email from IRCC confirming your test results. You can call them to confirm your test results if you want (give them a week or two after the test).
Thank you. But if you don't my asking; how long did it take for your ECAS to be updated after passing the test?

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Test + 4wks to interview + 1 day to DM
Okay, I promise this will be the last question. So when you checked your application status after completing your exam, you didn't see any status update that read "We sent you an invitation to take an online citizenship test on April 2021", or something along those lines? And am I correct in assuming that there was no update to your citizenship application status until you reached the DM stage?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Okay, I promise this will be the last question. So when you checked your application status after completing your exam, you didn't see any status update that read "We sent you an invitation to take an online citizenship test on April 2021", or something along those lines? And am I correct in assuming that there was no update to your citizenship application status until you reached the DM stage?
There will be no update in eCAS other than DM, if you go into details it will still have your exam invite data and nothing else until you're done with the Oath upon which the status change to Complete (once they send out the certificate)

Reactions: eastguy123

eastguy123

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
No worries, many people have other tabs open and still passed the tests without issue. As long as you didn't switch to other tabs or windows during the test, you are fine! If you still have some doubts, just call IRCC about a week later, typically they will be able to confirm your official result at that time. :)
Thanks a lot

Aamurao14

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30 June 2016
AOR Received.
20 October 2016
Med's Request
08-08-2017
Med's Done....
15-08-2017
Awesome. Please let me know when you get any updates. My ECAS doesn't show that I was invited for test. I'm not sure if that's normal
yeah I think we have to wait for an interview before any changes on ecas. Hope to get ours soon. I will let you know once I got invited for an interview.