+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

ls200608

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hey guys, my wife passed the test on Feb26 and couple days later the status turned to decision made , she’s with Mississauga office but she never had an interview , does this mean it’s non routine and she’ll have to wait longer ? It’s quite frustrating that I’m working in US and she need the citizenship for a TD visa so we can reunite , otherwise she has to get visa stamp which takes forever ...

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hey guys, my wife passed the test on Feb26 and couple days later the status turned to decision made , she’s with Mississauga office but she never had an interview , does this mean it’s non routine and she’ll have to wait longer ? It’s quite frustrating that I’m working in US and she need the citizenship for a TD visa so we can reunite , otherwise she has to get visa stamp which takes forever ...
It's a routine case . In non routine you dont get dm and you have to go through interview. Just wait for oath .

Reactions: ls200608

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
It's a routine case . In non routine you dont get dm and you have to go through interview. Just wait for oath .

What is a routine case and non- routine?

Thanks,

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
What is a routine case and non- routine?

Thanks,
When a case is within the processing standard time like 12 months it's a routine case . When a case is outside the 12 months processing standard it's a non routine maybe they need some more verifications or might send a you a residency questionnaire (which is really pain in the b to fill ) . If you want to see your case is routine or non routine order GCms notes and check the officer note section that's where the officer will mention if anything .

minsky

May 19, 2010
Edmonton
Visa Office......
From inside canada
App. Filed.......
August 8 , 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2, 2015 (T4 & NOA 2014)
AOR Received.
October 30, 2014
Med's Request
Feb. 4, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb. 9, 2016
Interview........
RPRF : March 3, 2016
LANDED..........
April 20, 2016
When a case is within the processing standard time like 12 months it's a routine case . When a case is outside the 12 months processing standard it's a non routine maybe they need some more verifications or might send a you a residency questionnaire (which is really pain in the b to fill ) . If you want to see your case is routine or non routine order GCms notes and check the officer note section that's where the officer will mention if anything .

gcms note wont affect my application?

Thanks

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Before COVID, yes generally 12 months is a routine procedure. But, this is no longer the case for now due to COVID. Based on the general timelines and trackers on this forum, it takes around 18 to 24 months to complete for a routine application to complete due to backlogs and reduced working capacity.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Before COVID, yes generally 12 months is a routine procedure. But, this is no longer the case for now due to COVID. Based on the general timelines and trackers on this forum, it takes around 18 to 24 months to complete for a routine application to complete due to backlogs and reduced working capacity.
Hence I also mentioned order gcms notes and see officer notes. It will mention if its routine or non routine .

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
I passed the test on March 19, Montreal office, still in progress, what a frustration!
Hi, same here, I took the test a couple of days before you.

Did you call CIC to get a status update on your application? I called and they said that they are running residency and language checked on my application. I thought these are done before we receive the test invite, just wondering if you are in a similar situation.

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
Hi, I completed my test almost a month ago, and I havent heard anything since.

I called IRCC and they said they are running residency, language and one other check (I forgot the name, but they mentioned it had to do with CRA, checking if all my taxes has been paid and such).

I heard that routine applications will take 2-4 weeks after the test to get a DM. Does that mean I am a non-routine application?

Thanks,

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi, I completed my test almost a month ago, and I havent heard anything since.

I called IRCC and they said they are running residency, language and one other check (I forgot the name, but they mentioned it had to do with CRA, checking if all my taxes has been paid and such).

I heard that routine applications will take 2-4 weeks after the test to get a DM. Does that mean I am a non-routine application?

Thanks,
I completed my test on February 19th and still haven't heard back. I just called them today and I got the same response: my office is working on language and residency checks. They also told me that my application is routine and there's nothing missing and I should hear back from my office. Don't know when. The waiting never ends. And I also just saw that people who applied after me to the same office have received their oaths today. So my endless wait continues.

little_sunshine123

Feb 8, 2021
I completed my test on February 19th and still haven't heard back. I just called them today and I got the same response: my office is working on language and residency checks. They also told me that my application is routine and there's nothing missing and I should hear back from my office. Don't know when. The waiting never ends. And I also just saw that people who applied after me to the same office have received their oaths today. So my endless wait continues.
Thanks for the response! Good to know Im not alone in this! Did you ask CIC if your application is routine? Im also wondering what routine applications mean in this case, since I assume that all background checks have been completed prior to the test invitation.

Can i ask which office you are in? Im in the Montreal office and it seems that we are particularly slow...

Reactions: zeyzey6

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Thanks for the response! Good to know Im not alone in this! Did you ask CIC if your application is routine? Im also wondering what routine applications mean in this case, since I assume that all background checks have been completed prior to the test invitation.

Can i ask which office you are in? Im in the Montreal office and it seems that we are particularly slow...
The call centre agent told me that everything looked normal and routine but I don't know who to trust anymore. Like you, I also don't know what routine means. I asked her how much longer the wait would be as it states on their website that the wait time from test to oath is 3 months. But of course she told me that was the time frame pre-covid. My office is Halifax. I'm a September 2019 applicant and I also thought that they would have completed residency and language prior to the test invitation. Good luck with your application, mine is a lost case but I hope you'll get to hear some good news soon.

Reactions: little_sunshine123