+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Hash1979

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
Hi Guys I wanted to share some good news with you all.

My family and I finally completed the Oath ceremony today :).

Can't tell you how much of a relief it is. We have been waiting for 29 months.

Hang in there my fellow 2019 & 2020 applicants your time will come.

Thanks to all of you and your helpful tips and your reassurance as well.

God bless all of you!
Congratulations.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016

God bless all of you!
Awesome news really happy to see your update.. stay blessed and pray for us, we are just behind you.

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
I just spoke to IRCC, the again was kind enough to advise that the current processing times for citizenship is 27 months. I guess I am a bit relieved know that my expectation has been set. I guess i have some more waiting to do. I'm currently stuck overseas...no Canadian passport, expired PR, waiting over 2 weeks now for a PRTD.

Reactions: rishisingh86

maasjoe

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015

God bless all of you!
Nice...congrats to u & ur family. sounds to be in line with IRCC update I received via telephone call today.

Ahmed_Khan

Aug 15, 2020
Hello, all.

I finally had all the steps completed on the new tracker (except ceremony) + decision made on the old tracker!!!!! ...I'm sooooo happy!!!!

Does anyone know how long, on average, an aproxation, how its takes between decision made and the ceremony for the Mtl office?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello, all.

I finally had all the steps completed on the new tracker (except ceremony) + decision made on the old tracker!!!!! ...I'm sooooo happy!!!!

Does anyone know how long, on average, an aproxation, how its takes between decision made and the ceremony for the Mtl office?

Hi Ahmed, could you share your timelines for the process with the group?

nittindia

Oct 7, 2013
Hello, all.

My Application also same status as yours, my timelines in the signature. Hope to get ceremony invite soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: andy_2016

Ahmed_Khan

Aug 15, 2020
In general, how long does it take between the DM (decision made on the old tracker), and the invitation to the ceremony (oath)?

Thank you.

Saggitarius

Sep 29, 2006
Interesting new information. I think for those who are outside Canada, waiting more won't be an issue, as long as it's happening.
I am in the same situation , I'm still in Canada but I think I'll need to leave soon, maybe in several/few months since my dad is seriously ill, and I'm not sure if I'll return. I just need to take care of him, I want to stay there I think. Is that a good reason I wanted to ask for the oath to do outside of Canada, will they allow this, I was wondering? Thank you folks.

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I just spoke to IRCC, the again was kind enough to advise that the current processing times for citizenship is 27 months. I guess I am a bit relieved know that my expectation has been set. I guess i have some more waiting to do. I'm currently stuck overseas...no Canadian passport, expired PR, waiting over 2 weeks now for a PRTD.
Same situation as you. Could you let me know when you applied? Also how do you contact ircc from outside canada?

Pinpin

May 13, 2022
So I completed my test today and got 18/20 but during the test I accidentally clicked on other application trying to close it which took me about 10 sec total.
I then got a notification something like "You left the screen, are you back now?" something like that. Now I am panicking.
Could this be considered as cheating from IRCC's point of view?

The exact same thing happened to me just now. Did everything turn out well for you? I hope everything went well for u. I am currently in panic mode.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Did they send you the interview date through email or they updated on your Your citizenship application status?
Tracker first then email one week before actual interview.

Reactions: hungkubu