+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi everyone, today i realized that my completed Back Ground status has bounced back to "processing" . I took the test late March and the test status was updated on may 2nd. i'm a 2019 applicant which my BG was completed in March 2022. has anyone experienced similar situation? and if yes what does it mean?
my background was completed in Jul 2021 and completed my test was completed in oct 2021. yesterday my background went back to in progress for the 3rd time. Mar 2019 applicant here :/

scorp101

Aug 3, 2021
hi all

today i recieved my virtual oath invite but im currently in england, its only 2ish weeks notice and I dont think I can get back in Canada in time.

has anyone done the virtual oath outside of the country?

please advise urgently on steps for this if known - much appreciated

cheers
Hi u can't do oath outside Canada u need to come back or postponed it. If I'm in this situation, I will travel back to Canada and do it cuz if u postponed it u don't know when they going to invite u again it could take years

Last edited:
Reactions: Hash1979

nittindia

Oct 7, 2013
Hi everyone, today i realized that my completed Back Ground status has bounced back to "processing" . I took the test late March and the test status was updated on may 2nd. i'm a 2019 applicant which my BG was completed in March 2022. has anyone experienced similar situation? and if yes what does it mean?
Happened to me, I got 2nd fingerprint request, once completed BG status changed to completed and eventually other status to completed, waiting for oath date. Timeline in the signature.

Reactions: rishisingh86

rishisingh86

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Happened to me, I got 2nd fingerprint request, once completed BG status changed to completed and eventually other status to completed, waiting for oath date. Timeline in the signature.
hi - how long did it take for them to ask you for the background to change to in progress and them requesting your fingerprints?

nittindia

Oct 7, 2013
hi - how long did it take for them to ask you for the background to change to in progress and them requesting your fingerprints?
Feb 9th BG updated to In Progress from Completed; March 25th - Received Fingerprint ; March 27th - FP completed ; April 29th BG Completed

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hi Guys, I have received an update in my account to attend the Oath ceremony on 17th June, However, I have not got the invitation details yet. I want to check with others in this group, about the timelines to receive the Oath ceremony invitation details.

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Hi Guys, I have received an update in my account to attend the Oath ceremony on 17th June, However, I have not got the invitation details yet. I want to check with others in this group, about the timelines to receive the Oath ceremony invitation details.
Depending on your local office, the email should come in a week or two closer to the Oath ceremony date. I got the oath email just over two weeks before the scheduled ceremony date. If you haven't received it a week before the ceremony, send an email to them. It should be the same email that sent you the citizenship test invite if you still have the email.

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
Hello everyone.

I'm so happy,i got an update on the new tracker to attend the oath ceremony.

The oath ceremony is scheduled for May 24th.

The problem is that I haven't received any invitation by email, nothing in inbox or in the spam folder, and that scares me very much... Is this normal??

Thank you everybody.
Ours is today too! Congratulations! Awaiting entry to our room.

Powerline

Mar 17, 2022
We had the update on our tracker to attend the ceremony. I believe the email arrived a couple days after.
Be sure to check your junk/spam folder too. They did say it could be routed to that box.

Ahmed_Khan

Aug 15, 2020
Journey is over for me, I was in the afternoon session.

The judge declared, after the oath, that we officially became Canadian citizens: I am so happy!

Raeisi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
Congratulations everyone, so happy for you guys. Update on my situation: received an email to to submit policy clarification from Dubai where I was living before moving to Canada. Just mailed it today and waiting for my next update, hopefully it won’t take that long.