+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online citizenship test completed, waiting for next steps

Janya

Oct 13, 2021
Hello,

I took my exam on May 1, 2022. My profile - except background verification which is complete, everything seems to be in progress. Is anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: andy_2016

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello,

I took my exam on May 1, 2022. My profile - except for background verification which is complete, everything seems to be in progress. Is anyone in the same boat?
Everyone has the same status :), Now Just wait and watch for the next update.

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
Hello,

I took my exam on May 1, 2022. My profile - except background verification which is complete, everything seems to be in progress. Is anyone in the same boat?
If you haven't already had an update on your citizenship test, you should see it completed real soon. Good to have background verification completed now and you will have language, physical presence and prohibitions coming next. This forum may give you a general idea as to whether applications are moving fast or slow these days but it's difficult to tell from one specific application to another. The fact that you see someone having citizenship ceremony one month after the test is completed doesn't mean that it will happen to you. Likewise if you see someone applying the same time, having the same test date with you but it takes forever to have the remaining items completed. It all depends on each individual case. FYI my test showed completed on Jan 28, all items except ceremony turned completed Feb 21 and I'm still waiting for the next step. Stay tuned!

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
So I completed my test today and got 18/20 but during the test I accidentally clicked on other application trying to close it which took me about 10 sec total.
I then got a notification something like "You left the screen, are you back now?" something like that. Now I am panicking.
Could this be considered as cheating from IRCC's point of view?

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
If you haven't already had an update on your citizenship test, you should see it completed real soon. Good to have background verification completed now and you will have language, physical presence and prohibitions coming next. This forum may give you a general idea as to whether applications are moving fast or slow these days but it's difficult to tell from one specific application to another. The fact that you see someone having citizenship ceremony one month after the test is completed doesn't mean that it will happen to you. Likewise if you see someone applying the same time, having the same test date with you but it takes forever to have the remaining items completed. It all depends on each individual case. FYI my test showed completed on Jan 28, all items except ceremony turned completed Feb 21 and I'm still waiting for the next step. Stay tuned!
If I understand your update. There is nothing pending in your application except extending an invitation for Oath Ceremony and it's> 2 months now. Is this usual? Are there others in a similar situation? If you haven't got the invitation then, I will fall way behind you in processing. as for me, other categories are still in processing.

andy_2016

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
So I completed my test today and got 18/20 but during the test I accidentally clicked on other application trying to close it which took me about 10 sec total.
I then got a notification something like "You left the screen, are you back now?" something like that. Now I am panicking.
Could this be considered as cheating from IRCC's point of view?
Take it easy, if you haven't done anything wrong here don't have to worry.

Reactions: yumirdci

jeanp

Apr 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
26-05-2015
If I understand your update. There is nothing pending in your application except extending an invitation for Oath Ceremony and it's> 2 months now. Is this usual? Are there others in a similar situation? If you haven't got the invitation then, I will fall way behind you in processing. as for me, other categories are still in processing.
As far as the tracker shows, I have everything completed Feb 21 except citizenship ceremony still in progress. That was 10 weeks ago and no further update since then. Each application is different and we cannot compare apple-to-apple to tell if you are really falling behind.

My SO took her test on Monday (May 2). Test was marked complete yesterday (May 3). Montreal LVO.

Timeline is very similar to mine: Applied online: Aug 28, 2021 | AOR: Nov 15, 2021 | Test Invite: Apr 04, 2022 | Test Taken: May 02, 2022 (Marked complete: May 03, 2022)

Spiceislegirl

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Hi Guys I wanted to share some good news with you all.

My family and I finally completed the Oath ceremony today :).

Can't tell you how much of a relief it is. We have been waiting for 29 months.

Hang in there my fellow 2019 & 2020 applicants your time will come.

Thanks to all of you and your helpful tips and your reassurance as well.

God bless all of you!