+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Ceremony - Verifying ID with webcam

live4film

May 17, 2018
I was wondering if anyone knows how the verification works doing the oath ceremony and ID. When I took my test, my 720p HD webcam could barely focus on my ID. I had to go out and buy a new 1080p HD webcam, and even that was blurry, and took me a day with all different lighting conditions, distance to camera, cleaning the lens, spraying non-reflective spray on the ID. I'm worried on the day of the oath ceremony, they will ask to verify the ID with the webcam, and I'll have to go through all of this again.

alpharomeo22

Jul 31, 2018
i had the same problem, i was so lucky the officer was really so nice he made me take the picture on phone and show him.

i suggest you make sure id will work great on your camera, otherwise use your phone to connect to zoom.

live4film

May 17, 2018
Cool. I hope mine is just as nice. Did he only ask for your PR card, or multiple IDs? The site says, all passports listed on the application, and a secondary ID in addition to the PR card, but maybe that's just for in-person oath ceremonies.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
I was wondering if anyone knows how the verification works doing the oath ceremony and ID. When I took my test, my 720p HD webcam could barely focus on my ID. I had to go out and buy a new 1080p HD webcam, and even that was blurry, and took me a day with all different lighting conditions, distance to camera, cleaning the lens, spraying non-reflective spray on the ID. I'm worried on the day of the oath ceremony, they will ask to verify the ID with the webcam, and I'll have to go through all of this again.
Do you live in a cave without a light? How can both cameras be inadequate? I used my standard camera on my laptop and it worked....