Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
I received the LMO from my employer in Canada for NOC: 6471. I applied last May 15 via online and chose my current country for residence as Saudi Arabia, and got a confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. I keep on receiving updates in May 17 and May 18 via email that CIC has recently updated my application, but when I checked my account, it still shows that the last update CIC made was in May 15, 2014. My friends who applied using the same LMO in Manila already got request for medical after 7 days. This is currently my 8th day and still no updates from CIC.

Three questions here:
1. Should I already inform CIC about the update not showing on myCIC?
2. I did not remember selecting what visa office to submit, is it automatic that it will be directed to RIyadh Visa Office since I am currently residing in Saudi Arabia?
3. Does the online processing time in Manila and Riyadh differ accordingly the same with paper applications thru VFS?

Dream catcher

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

I think the processing time will differ from country to another.

I applied also on 12th of May through VFS (paper application) and it was received by Riyadh embassy on 15th of May... and haven't heard anything from them.

I will keep you updated, and I hope you do too.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
Hi Dreamcatcher. Yup. Let's keep our hopes up. I will give you an update too once I get a notification from them. :)

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
Dream catcher said:
Hi,

I think the processing time will differ from country to another.

I applied also on 12th of May through VFS (paper application) and it was received by Riyadh embassy on 15th of May... and haven't heard anything from them.

I will keep you updated, and I hope you do too.
Now on my 14th Day. Still no online update by CIC. I found a user who also applied online, and she got requested for medical on 18th day after submission of her application. I hope to get a response 15-20th day. As for VFS as i browsed in other threads, i saw that the usual processing times ranges 4-8 months. let's keep praying for a positive decision for our applications. :) Goodnight.

Dream catcher

Star Member
Apr 7, 2014
Hi,

Well, it seems that online applications are faster, although paper applications are harder because they request original documents. I was going to apply so much earlier with copies which I was told by the VFS helpline that they need only copies, then at the VFS office they told me that they have changed the rules and now I have to use original documents, so I had to wait until I manage to get original documents then I had to open new bank account to be able to pay by bank draft as my bank doesn't offer this service. At the end I applied on 12th and my documents were received on 15th.
It is really frustrating .. let's see how it will go ..
Hopefully you will get your medical request soon :)

pinkulotz

Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE (RIYADH)
NOC Code......
6474 - LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2014
Doc's Request.
02-04-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Passport Req..
15-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2014
LANDED..........
14-07-2014
LRCG22 said:
I received the LMO from my employer in Canada for NOC: 6471. I applied last May 15 via online and chose my current country for residence as Saudi Arabia, and got a confirmation from CIC that they have received my application. I keep on receiving updates in May 17 and May 18 via email that CIC has recently updated my application, but when I checked my account, it still shows that the last update CIC made was in May 15, 2014. My friends who applied using the same LMO in Manila already got request for medical after 7 days. This is currently my 8th day and still no updates from CIC.

Three questions here:
1. Should I already inform CIC about the update not showing on myCIC?
2. I did not remember selecting what visa office to submit, is it automatic that it will be directed to RIyadh Visa Office since I am currently residing in Saudi Arabia?
3. Does the online processing time in Manila and Riyadh differ accordingly the same with paper applications thru VFS?
-these emails are normal for online application..
-the process in manila is somewhat faster now than here in ksa...

1.no need to inform them
2.yes it is automatically directed to riyadh once you select your current country of residence.
3.their process are different.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
pinkulotz said:
-these emails are normal for online application..
-the process in manila is somewhat faster now than here in ksa...

1.no need to inform them
2.yes it is automatically directed to riyadh once you select your current country of residence.
3.their process are different.
Thank pinkulotz.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
Dream catcher said:
Hi,

Well, it seems that online applications are faster, although paper applications are harder because they request original documents. I was going to apply so much earlier with copies which I was told by the VFS helpline that they need only copies, then at the VFS office they told me that they have changed the rules and now I have to use original documents, so I had to wait until I manage to get original documents then I had to open new bank account to be able to pay by bank draft as my bank doesn't offer this service. At the end I applied on 12th and my documents were received on 15th.
It is really frustrating .. let's see how it will go ..
Hopefully you will get your medical request soon :)
Yup. I agree.. Paper application is more difficult compared to online. I also thought that processing here in Saudi is much faster compared to the Philippines Visa Office. But after reading threads in this forum it appears to be the other way around. The usual feedback for the applicant's timeline for work permits (paper applications) appear to be approx. 3-6 months for Riyadh visa office, while Philippine Visa Office (based on my colleagues' application) only took them approx. 1 month after their medical, total timeline was only 1-3 months including preparation of documents. There were some who also applied online, it only took them 40-50 days from the submission of the application. They are now in Canada after receiving their LMO in March 2014. It was that fast.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
Anyone else who applied Work Permit with LMO through Online Application. Feel free to share your timelines here. Thanks.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
I received a latest update from my Canadian employer. We are blessed to have a very supportive company. :)

I got information that once you have applied for Work Permit through LMO, and then you get a negative decision. You may still be able to reapply using the same LMO even after the LMO has already expired, as long as the reapplication is done within a year?

Is there anyone who was able to do reapply with an expired LMO? Share your experience please.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
When applying online you have to do the following:
1. Check your eligibility to do an Online Application.
2. You will have to answer several questions related to your application.
3. A Document Checklist will be generated after completing the eligibility, save or print this document for reference.
4. The Document checklist will contain a "personal checklist code". You will have to use this code when you start your application online. It will look like this HG6555553709
5. Prepare your documents according to the document checklist.
6. Read the application guide related to the type of visa you are applying for. This is very useful. Application guides can be found at:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/index.asp
7. When downloading forms online, my computer requested for update to Adobe Reader XI. So if you are using an earlier version you might want to upgrade now.
8. When all of documents are ready. Register / log in to submit your online application.
9. To apply online, you'll need an electronic "key" for secure access. It's called the GC Key. Afterwhich, The site will also request for the Personal Checklist Code. This will allow the site to determine what are the documents requested of you, during your elegibility.
10. You will have your MYCIC Account, where you will be asked to upload all your documents. The website accepts PDF and WORD Docs. But I preferred PDF. File Size limit is at 4MB. They also only allow one attachment, so make sure you combine your multiple PDF files, into one file, now combining files will create one big file, which means you will also need to convert this file into a smaller file size to fit 4MB.

I hope this will help you guys. I will post next time the document checklist that was generated for me, and the instructions available on each of the documents. Share your experiences on your online application as well.

feyan

Feb 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LMO stream:

submit date : May 22th, online application.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
feyan said:
LMO stream:

submit date : May 22th, online application.
Hi. Feyan. Thanks for sharing your application date. What is your NOC? Give us an update if your application makes any progress. Thanks.

LRCG22

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ONLINE-RIyadh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No Request
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
No Request
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-09-2014
LANDED..........
25-09-2014
DOCUMENT CHECKLIST PART 3

Document 8: Digital Photo

Dimensions:
The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
Quality/Resolution:
If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
File Format:
The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
File Size:
The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
Colour:
The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

Document 9: Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered

If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.
Regulated occupations are also called professions, skilled trades or apprenticeable trades.

Document 10: Employment Reference Letter

You must provide an employment reference letter (an up-to-date reference from current or past employers). If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.
Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company's full address and telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.
The letter should include all of the following information:
the specific period of your employment with the company
the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
full details of your main responsibilities in each position
your total annual salary plus benefits
the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company
a business card of the person signing