+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Application - which ID to use?

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there - I am applying a visitor visa for my brother-in-law. I am Canadian PR and he lives in India. I will be his representative in applying for the visa online. Based on this scenario, my confusion is - can I use my existing Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge) ID and apply for the visa on his behalf or should I be creating a new GCKey for my brother in law and then apply.

Any thoughts?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
pameyb said:
Hi there - I am applying a visitor visa for my brother-in-law. I am Canadian PR and he lives in India. I will be his representative in applying for the visa online. Based on this scenario, my confusion is - can I use my existing Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge) ID and apply for the visa on his behalf or should I be creating a new GCKey for my brother in law and then apply.

Any thoughts?
create a new GCKey for your brother in law using his email ID and make sure he signs and provides a 'Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]' showing you as the authorized person to access his profile

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your response.

So if I create a new GCKey for him, doesn't that mean he is applying himself? If I get a 'use of representative' form signed by him, can I not use my own ID to apply on his behalf? The reason I am asking is that CIC website is having a issue and I am not able to create a new ID for the past 3-4 days. My existing ID (through a sign in partner) is working fine.

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
pameyb said:
thanks for your response.

So if I create a new GCKey for him, doesn't that mean he is applying himself? If I get a 'use of representative' form signed by him, can I not use my own ID to apply on his behalf? The reason I am asking is that CIC website is having a issue and I am not able to create a new ID for the past 3-4 days. My existing ID (through a sign in partner) is working fine.
I think you can do that too, my suggestion was on the basis of my very recent experience. Check this forum for some discussions related to the Online Application for TRV:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-online-application-t258887.0.html;msg4242529#msg4242529

BTW which VISA office (country) the application will be going to ?

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks I will check that forum discussion.

India Office (chandigarh)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
pameyb said:
thanks I will check that forum discussion.

India Office (chandigarh)
Best of Luck ! The processing time will be around one month for an online application.................just a heads up !

pameyb

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so it is just a myth that online applications are faster?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
pameyb said:
so it is just a myth that online applications are faster?
looking at the time they took for my family member's application and others (in that forum link i shared) i can say that at-least for CIC offices in India it doesn't looks faster !
Some tips for you:
- Buy flight tickets in Advance
- Buy health insurance for him from a Canadian insurance company (e.g. GMS Insurance) which will cover his medical expenses during his stay
- it doesn't says in the check-list but do ask him to include CAs report

These will increase chances of his VISA exponentially