+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLINE APPLICATION vs PAPER BASED & STEPS TO APPLY ONLINE?

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
We don't have SDS in my country, read the application instructions/package for your country on IRCC website and follow that. The documents are the same online/offline its just that the online application system is poorly designed so you end up not submitting required docs if you are not careful.
Also don't submit documents which are not required this is just a waste of your time & money police clearance is not necessary, WES evaluation is not necessary, just follow the official instructions and submit extra documents only if they support your application somehow.
Ohh I thought you are also from India.
Yes true submitting unnecessary documents would be just wastage of money and time. I would surely keep this thing in mind.

Thanks buddy for your help. :)

Reactions: amandeep.singh

vamsee08

Aug 1, 2018
Thi
Thanks man for elaborating all this information in detail and especially precisely. I was actually looking for these steps. I can't express in words, big thanks to you.

Please make me correct if am wrong, I'll have to create a single pdf in which I must attach all my academic documents, previous work experience documents (eg. Experience certificates, Salary Slips, Offer letter, Appreciation letters, Salary Certificate), Financial documents (eg. Bank statements, bank certificate), ITRs of my parents & brother and my own ITR, Property evaluation report, CA report and SOP in the "Optional Docs" section, and importantly,the size of the pdf should not exceed more than 4MB.Is it?

And what to fill in the "Client Information" column?

And pertaining to the IMM1294e ( Student Visa Application ) So is this the only form which needs to be attached with our online application? As when we submit our file through paper based we have to fill multiple forms (Sorry I don't remember the names of that forms)

I've read somewhere that one has to download SDS forms from the website, fill them and then complete by uploading the forms, documents, digital photo. That's why I am thinking if there is a form for SDS then there should be a form for General Category as well, what do you suggest?

I will surely indicate my previous Visa rejection under 'Background Check" column, so here do we need to attach my refusal letter as well?

About letter of sponsorship, do you mean to say Affidavit of support ? Am sorry I dint get you which you said "This amount should reflect on your "Own" bank records" My brother has his own business so what exactly documents are required? This time in order to make my case stronger my father would become a primary sponsor, he is having a fixed deposit in his bank account but he is a retired official, so what documents should I attach?

Moreover,
in POF, make a summary of your Liquid Funds for easy understanding. Upload all this in the POF link and not in the "Optional" so that you can meet the 4MB requirement ---- it would be much appreciated if you elaborate this point in detail because my main Visa Rejection reason was due to Funds, did you try to say I must make a written summary regarding my funds besides SOP?

Please help.

vamsee08

Aug 1, 2018
Thanks man for elaborating all this information in detail and especially precisely. I was actually looking for these steps. I can't express in words, big thanks to you.

Please make me correct if am wrong, I'll have to create a single pdf in which I must attach all my academic documents, previous work experience documents (eg. Experience certificates, Salary Slips, Offer letter, Appreciation letters, Salary Certificate), Financial documents (eg. Bank statements, bank certificate), ITRs of my parents & brother and my own ITR, Property evaluation report, CA report and SOP in the "Optional Docs" section, and importantly,the size of the pdf should not exceed more than 4MB.Is it?

And pertaining to the IMM1294e ( Student Visa Application ) So is this the only form which needs to be attached with our online application? As when we submit our file through paper based we have to fill multiple forms (Sorry I don't remember the names of that forms)

I've read somewhere that one has to download SDS forms from the website, fill them and then complete by uploading the forms, documents, digital photo. That's why I am thinking if there is a form for SDS then there should be a form for General Category as well, what do you suggest?

I will surely indicate my previous Visa rejection under 'Background Check" column, so here do we need to attach my refusal letter as well?

About letter of sponsorship, do you mean to say Affidavit of support ? Am sorry I dint get you which you said "This amount should reflect on your "Own" bank records" My brother has his own business so what exactly documents are required? This time in order to make my case stronger my father would become a primary sponsor, he is having a fixed deposit in his bank account but he is a retired official, so what documents should I attach?
Moreover, in POF, make a summary of your Liquid Funds for easy understanding. Upload all this in the POF link and not in the "Optional" so that you can meet the 4MB requirement ---- it would be much appreciated if you elaborate this point in detail because my main Visa Rejection reason was due to Funds, did you try to say I must make a written summary regarding my funds besides SOP?

Please help.

This is how the form looks and will add what I submitted- I applied online on July 30 2018

Application Form- Application for Study permit Made Outside of Canada (Imm1294) - We have to download the form and fill in all the details and Validate it. ( Don't need to sign it manually, but do select the date while uploading the document)

Supporting Documents

1)
Evidence of Work Requirement in Study ( required) - Usually this is from College or University. I have submitted the college letter stating that work is necessary as part of the program. - Uploaded the PDF
2)Passport ( required) - I uploaded all the pages of my passport - Uploaded the PDF file.
3)Letter of Acceptance (required) - College or University will provide the Letter of Acceptance. I uploaded my college LOA letter.- Uploaded the PDF file
4)Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) - Check below the list of documents i submitted
-GIC- 10000Canadian Dollars
-First Two Semesters College Fees Paid- Statement of account from College -7100
-6 Months Bank Statement ,close to 3 Lakh Indian Rupees.
-4 Months-Salary Slips
-2 years ITR Returns
-Sponsorship letter from my Brother- Notarized
-Relationship letter with my Brother- Notarized
-My Brothers three months Bank Statement - Close to 20000 USD balance in his account
-My Brothers Salary slip- Produced only one month Salary Slip- 8500 USD Per Month

Merged all the PDF files into one and uploaded the PDF file.

5) Digital Photo (required)- Uploaded Photo Soft copy with required dimensions
6)Proof of medical exam (required)- I completed my medicals and uploaded the form provided by Hospital.
7)Family Information (IMM5645) (Required)- Need to download this form and I only filled the information and uploaded this form back. Did not add any supporting documents. ( Not sure if I need to add marriage registration certificate here)

Optional Documents
1 )
IMM 5257- Basically this form is to do background check for War criminality- Download this and fill the details and upload the PDF back.
2) Client Information - Documents i Submitted under this.

-Cover Letter - Introducing myself and Why I chose the course and the college. My financial arrangements ,future plans and about my family.
- My Educational Certificates
- Aadhaar Card
- Office ID Card
-IELTS Score card
- Marriage Certificate
-Recommendation Letters from colleagues and my previous college.

And Pay 150 Canadian Dollars online.

That is it, what I Submitted.

Things which I failed to consider before submitting or overlooked.

1) I did not notice in any form to select normal or SDP
2)Did not submit or mention anything about my accommodation arrangements in Canada

I hope this helps.

And friends, please review and advise, if my application missed anything.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018

This is how the form looks and will add what I submitted- I applied online on July 30 2018

Application Form- Application for Study permit Made Outside of Canada (Imm1294) - We have to download the form and fill in all the details and Validate it. ( Don't need to sign it manually, but do select the date while uploading the document)

Supporting Documents

1)
Evidence of Work Requirement in Study ( required) - Usually this is from College or University. I have submitted the college letter stating that work is necessary as part of the program. - Uploaded the PDF
2)Passport ( required) - I uploaded all the pages of my passport - Uploaded the PDF file.
3)Letter of Acceptance (required) - College or University will provide the Letter of Acceptance. I uploaded my college LOA letter.- Uploaded the PDF file
4)Proof of Means of Financial Support (required) - Check below the list of documents i submitted
-GIC- 10000Canadian Dollars
-First Two Semesters College Fees Paid- Statement of account from College -7100
-6 Months Bank Statement ,close to 3 Lakh Indian Rupees.
-4 Months-Salary Slips
-2 years ITR Returns
-Sponsorship letter from my Brother- Notarized
-Relationship letter with my Brother- Notarized
-My Brothers three months Bank Statement - Close to 20000 USD balance in his account
-My Brothers Salary slip- Produced only one month Salary Slip- 8500 USD Per Month

Merged all the PDF files into one and uploaded the PDF file.

5) Digital Photo (required)- Uploaded Photo Soft copy with required dimensions
6)Proof of medical exam (required)- I completed my medicals and uploaded the form provided by Hospital.
7)Family Information (IMM5645) (Required)- Need to download this form and I only filled the information and uploaded this form back. Did not add any supporting documents. ( Not sure if I need to add marriage registration certificate here)

Optional Documents
1 )
IMM 5257- Basically this form is to do background check for War criminality- Download this and fill the details and upload the PDF back.
2) Client Information - Documents i Submitted under this.

-Cover Letter - Introducing myself and Why I chose the course and the college. My financial arrangements ,future plans and about my family.
- My Educational Certificates
- Aadhaar Card
- Office ID Card
-IELTS Score card
- Marriage Certificate
-Recommendation Letters from colleagues and my previous college.

And Pay 150 Canadian Dollars online.

That is it, what I Submitted.

Things which I failed to consider before submitting or overlooked.

1) I did not notice in any form to select normal or SDP
2)Did not submit or mention anything about my accommodation arrangements in Canada

I hope this helps.

And friends, please review and advise, if my application missed anything.
Hi Vamsee,

I appreciate the way you shared all the steps, it seems you haven't missed anything. With the help of your points one could easily file their visa application through online, no one would be misguided. Moreover, no need to worry because showing accommodation arrangements are not necessary because to the contrary you are already showing a sponsor who is having balance in his account, the name sponsor suggests from itself that they gonna pay you money for all this things.

Besides, I believe, you have added almost everything and it seems you have a very fair chances to receive a Visa, however, I do not want to dishearten you but you have become your brother as your sponsor. We have many similar things in our profile, In my case, I also became my brother as a sponsor, attached his ITR's, bank statements, bank certificates, affidavit of support but unfortunately got visa refusal :( And the reason behind the refusal is FUNDS, only funds no other reason even the same is mentioned in CAIPS notes as well.
But I pray this may not happen in your case. I also not attached my parents' bank statements because they were not having enough cash balance in their accounts.

Rest, your case seems stronger, Bro, did you apply on your own or your agent had guided you to go this way?

Regards.

vamsee08

Aug 1, 2018
Hi Vamsee,

I appreciate the way you shared all the steps, it seems you haven't missed anything. With the help of your points one could easily file their visa application through online, no one would be misguided. Moreover, no need to worry because showing accommodation arrangements are not necessary because to the contrary you are already showing a sponsor who is having balance in his account, the name sponsor suggests from itself that they gonna pay you money for all this things.

Besides, I believe, you have added almost everything and it seems you have a very fair chances to receive a Visa, however, I do not want to dishearten you but you have become your brother as your sponsor. We have many similar things in our profile, In my case, I also became my brother as a sponsor, attached his ITR's, bank statements, bank certificates, affidavit of support but unfortunately got visa refusal :( And the reason behind the refusal is FUNDS, only funds no other reason even the same is mentioned in CAIPS notes as well.
But I pray this may not happen in your case. I also not attached my parents' bank statements because they were not having enough cash balance in their accounts.

Rest, your case seems stronger, Bro, did you apply on your own or your agent had guided you to go this way?

Regards.
Hi Krishna,
Thank you for taking time and providing me feedback.

I applied on my own.

Prior to this I applied Canada Visit also on my own and got approval. So I took a chance of applying study permit as well, even though my friends suggested me to consult some one. I feel that we are the best Judges of our profile and we should provide only genuine documents. The difficult part is in understanding what to submit. It took a week for me to figure out and arrange all the documents,

However I have few questions , as we share similarities in our profiles.

1) Did you purchase GIC ?
2) Does your bother stay in India or Abroad ?
3) Cost of your total College/University fees ?
4) How much funds you showed ?
5) What is the course you applied for ?
6) Did you pay the college fees ? if yes how much ?

If you feel the questions are too personal, you don't have to answer.

I opted for Diploma in IT. And the total fees is 19000 CAD. I Paid 7100 CAD.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Hi Krishna,
Thank you for taking time and providing me feedback.

I applied on my own.

Prior to this I applied Canada Visit also on my own and got approval. So I took a chance of applying study permit as well, even though my friends suggested me to consult some one. I feel that we are the best Judges of our profile and we should provide only genuine documents. The difficult part is in understanding what to submit. It took a week for me to figure out and arrange all the documents,

However I have few questions , as we share similarities in our profiles.

1) Did you purchase GIC ?
2) Does your bother stay in India or Abroad ?
3) Cost of your total College/University fees ?
4) How much funds you showed ?
5) What is the course you applied for ?
6) Did you pay the college fees ? if yes how much ?

If you feel the questions are too personal, you don't have to answer.

I opted for Diploma in IT. And the total fees is 19000 CAD. I Paid 7100 CAD.
hmm Yup! Below are the differences that's why I said in my previous response that you have some fair chances to receive a visa. And regarding similarities, I just pointed out when it comes to sponsor, I'm not sure where we do have similarities or not but still I believe. Ok below are the answers:-

1) Did you purchase GIC ? - Yes I purchased it.
2) Does your bother stay in India or Abroad ? - India ( Business Man)
3) Cost of your total College/University fees ? - CAD 22-25000/- (not remember the exact figure)
4) How much funds you showed ? - 25 Lakhs cash (Excluding GIC & Tutition Fees)
5) What is the course you applied for ?- Management
6) Did you pay the college fees ? if yes how much ? - Only One semester fee i.e. CAD10,000/-

So your brother lives in abroad ?

vamsee08

Aug 1, 2018
hmm Yup! Below are the differences that's why I said in my previous response that you have some fair chances to receive a visa. And regarding similarities, I just pointed out when it comes to sponsor, I'm not sure where we do have similarities or not but still I believe. Ok below are the answers:-

1) Did you purchase GIC ? - Yes I purchased it.
2) Does your bother stay in India or Abroad ? - India ( Business Man)
3) Cost of your total College/University fees ? - CAD 22-25000/- (not remember the exact figure)
4) How much funds you showed ? - 25 Lakhs cash (Excluding GIC & Tutition Fees)
5) What is the course you applied for ?- Management
6) Did you pay the college fees ? if yes how much ? - Only One semester fee i.e. CAD10,000/-

So your brother lives in abroad ?
I am surprised that you got refusal based on Funds. You have showed more than the required funds. You should appeal your file bro.

Yes my Brother is a Doctor in US.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
I am surprised that you got refusal based on Funds. You have showed more than the required funds. You should appeal your file bro.

Yes my Brother is a Doctor in US.
Even I'm also surprised that I got the refusal on the grounds of FUNDS, I earlier thought that it would not be real reason so later I applied for CAIPS notes but the same reason I found there too... :(

What I believe that I must have shown that funds in my father's account not in brother's account. ?? Someone was warning me that visa officer do not consider that funds which is shown in someone else's account except your parents only, In India there is a perception that anyone can show their funds but would certainly not allows you to spend and VO knows this thing... :( What I did a mistake in my application, I attached my parents' ITR's as a source of income and did not attach their bank statements so might be VO is not convinced that I am having enough funds to support my studies, they might have considered that my brother would not allow me to use that money....

I've also heard that in the cases where brothers or sisters sponsors an applicant, the chances of rejection becomes higher :( am sorry I actually do not want to discourage you... it depends on case to case.. because I've also seen some cases where students visa application is approved and their sponsor was either brother or sister...

hmmm sorry to say.. but bro.. as per the list which you have shared previously... you should have shown some strong ties to your home country.. because your brother lives in US and he is your sponsor so tell me what did u attach in order to prove strong ties to INDIA...? You also did not attach your parents bank statement or certificates, whereas I attached their ITR's that they are having enough source of Income to support my stay in Canada, so that's why they have not raised the question regarding my ties to my home country.

Last edited:

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
academic, work, financial documents, CA report, property, SOP - in the Optional Docs section at the bottom of the list of documents. You have to scan them altogether for the system only requires you to upload 1 document regardless of the number of pages.

150-170 pages - this is too much..just select the docs that are extremely important

do we need to scan an original copy of our documents or first we need to notarize the copies - not all documents are to be notarized. Based on what I understand, only those Legal documents has to be notarized like an Affidavit of Support (in the case of your brother ).

am applying under the General Category not in SDS so where do I need to mention this - all online application are under regular stream. no need to mention SDS/SPP

do we also need to fill all those documents in the same manner which we fill while submitting offline or paper based application? - the IMM1294e ( Student Visa Application ) yes, but remember you don't need it to be printed and signed. Just Validate after filling up all the required info and save. You cannot upload it in the system if you will have it printed and signed. Please remember also to indicate the Visa Rejection in the Background check ( number 2b ). Write down the date you applied and when it was rejected.

My brother was the sponsor - your brother should make a Letter of Sponsorship of the amount he provided for you. This amount should reflect on your "Own" bank records. Aside from SOP, make a separate Letter of Explanation regarding the first refusal and address the concerns of rejection. Submit new documentation like your brother's sponsorship letter, his payslip, and any other documents that validates his income.

Word of Advise - have your documents group according to its purpose and requirement..Like for Passport - you need to include the Visa stamped in the attachment and not just the first page of the passport. in POF, make a summary of your Liquid Funds for easy understanding. Upload all this in the POF link and not in the "Optional" so that you can meet the 4MB requirement.
Bro, It would be much appreciate if you spare some time and assist us.... eagerly waiting for your revert..

vamsee08

Aug 1, 2018
Even I'm also surprised that I got the refusal on the grounds of FUNDS, I earlier thought that it would not be real reason so later I applied for CAIPS notes but the same reason I found there too... :(

What I believe that I must have shown that funds in my father's account not in brother's account. ?? Someone was warning me that visa officer do not consider that funds which is shown in someone else's account except your parents only, In India there is a perception that anyone can show their funds but would certainly not allows you to spend and VO knows this thing... :( What I did a mistake in my application, I attached my parents' ITR's as a source of income and did not attach their bank statements so might be VO is not convinced that I am having enough funds to support my studies, they might have considered that my brother would not allow me to use that money....

I've also heard that in the cases where brothers or sisters sponsors an applicant, the chances of rejection becomes higher :( am sorry I actually do not want to discourage you... it depends on case to case.. because I've also seen some cases where students visa application is approved and their sponsor was either brother or sister...

hmmm sorry to say.. but bro.. as per the list which you have shared previously... you should have shown some strong ties to your home country.. because your brother lives in US and he is your sponsor so tell me what did u attach in order to prove strong ties to INDIA...? You also did not attach your parents bank statement or certificates, whereas I attached their ITR's that they are having enough source of Income to support my stay in Canada, so that's why they have not raised the question regarding my ties to my home country.
I don't think so, I attached any strong ties to my Home country as I did not find or overlooked that we need to show that info..I provided my family details , about my mother and my wife and clearly mentioning that My wife is not travelling with me.

One thing i forgot to mention is I opened a Bank Account in Canada and deposited 2500 Dollars in the account. I have added that statement as well.

I really can't do much now as the application is submitted. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

But thank you for the additional details.

msmuffet

Mar 8, 2018

Moreover,
in POF, make a summary of your Liquid Funds for easy understanding. Upload all this in the POF link and not in the "Optional" so that you can meet the 4MB requirement ---- it would be much appreciated if you elaborate this point in detail because my main Visa Rejection reason was due to Funds, did you try to say I must make a written summary regarding my funds besides SOP?

Please help.
I'll have to create a single pdf in which I must attach all my academic documents, previous work experience documents (eg. Experience certificates, Salary Slips, Offer letter, Appreciation letters, Salary Certificate) - + SOP at the forefront and upload it in the "Client Information " and not in the Optional docs, my apologies for the confusion.

Financial documents (eg. Bank statements, bank certificate), ITRs of my parents & brother and my own ITR, Property evaluation report, CA report - Upload this in the "Proof of Means for Financial Support "

size of the pdf should not exceed more than 4MB - Yes

That's why I am thinking if there is a form for SDS then there should be a form for General Category as well - Online Application does not distinguish SDS and Regular..If you Have GIC and Paid the whole Tuition Fee, include the documents ( Official Receipt from the School + GIC Certificate ) in the Proof of Means of Financial Support.

do we need to attach my refusal letter as well? - No need. Just "cut and copy" the exact wording you found in your CAIPS notes when you do the Letter of Explanation. And make sure to address each point in the succeeding explanation. Explain your side of the story.

And pertaining to the IMM1294e ( Student Visa Application ) So is this the only form which needs to be attached with our online application? As when we submit our file through paper based we have to fill multiple forms - the forms will be automatically generated by the system based on your answer in the eligibility check . In my case I did IMM1294e , IMM5257b, IMM5645e, IMM5713e since I had included my husband's OWP application with mine.

I've read somewhere that one has to download SDS forms from the website, fill them and then complete by uploading the forms, documents, digital photo - No. The Online application does not accept a scanned IMM1294e with signature. You only have to validate and then save. electronic signature will come later after you submitted your application.

About letter of sponsorship, do you mean to say Affidavit of support ? - Yes. Have it notarized to make it legal.

My brother has his own business so what exactly documents are required? - since I am not form India I cannot really answer on this but generally, if someone has a business then you should submit a Business Permit, Tax payment or whatever documents that confirms his ownership of the business. You also need to establish that his business can sustain his and his family's needs and well as your's, meaning, his business is financially stable.

my father would become a primary sponsor, he is having a fixed deposit in his bank account but he is a retired official, so what documents should I attach? - you can add his financial docs together with your brother. No need to drop one. Two sponsors are better than one.

"This amount should reflect on your "Own" bank records" - meaning you have your own money in a bank account under your name. Submit bank certificates and bank statements of your own bank account and not just your brother and father.

did you try to say I must make a written summary regarding my funds besides SOP? - YES, to help the VO understand your documents clearly, make a summary of your Financial situation. Include in the summary the conversion rate at the time that you prepared your documents, and then make a table based on;

I. Liquid Assets ( include the bank information like Bank Account number and the funds available written in your Bank Certificate/Statement )
II. Property ( include property that is under your name )

This should be uploaded in the "Proof of Means of Financial Support " and not in the Client Information.

And in your application IMM1294e, on the question "My expenses in Canada will be paid by" answer Other and put " Myself with support from Father and Brother " since this is what you are doing.

Make sure that your SOP, IMM1294e and documents submitted justifies each other. If information mentioned in your IMM1294e cannot be justified by your SOP and the supporting docs, this might create doubt in the mind of the VO thus the rejection.

Reactions: Krishna13

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
I'll have to create a single pdf in which I must attach all my academic documents, previous work experience documents (eg. Experience certificates, Salary Slips, Offer letter, Appreciation letters, Salary Certificate) - + SOP at the forefront and upload it in the "Client Information " and not in the Optional docs, my apologies for the confusion.

Financial documents (eg. Bank statements, bank certificate), ITRs of my parents & brother and my own ITR, Property evaluation report, CA report - Upload this in the "Proof of Means for Financial Support "

size of the pdf should not exceed more than 4MB - Yes

That's why I am thinking if there is a form for SDS then there should be a form for General Category as well - Online Application does not distinguish SDS and Regular..If you Have GIC and Paid the whole Tuition Fee, include the documents ( Official Receipt from the School + GIC Certificate ) in the Proof of Means of Financial Support.

do we need to attach my refusal letter as well? - No need. Just "cut and copy" the exact wording you found in your CAIPS notes when you do the Letter of Explanation. And make sure to address each point in the succeeding explanation. Explain your side of the story.

And pertaining to the IMM1294e ( Student Visa Application ) So is this the only form which needs to be attached with our online application? As when we submit our file through paper based we have to fill multiple forms - the forms will be automatically generated by the system based on your answer in the eligibility check . In my case I did IMM1294e , IMM5257b, IMM5645e, IMM5713e since I had included my husband's OWP application with mine.

I've read somewhere that one has to download SDS forms from the website, fill them and then complete by uploading the forms, documents, digital photo - No. The Online application does not accept a scanned IMM1294e with signature. You only have to validate and then save. electronic signature will come later after you submitted your application.

About letter of sponsorship, do you mean to say Affidavit of support ? - Yes. Have it notarized to make it legal.

My brother has his own business so what exactly documents are required? - since I am not form India I cannot really answer on this but generally, if someone has a business then you should submit a Business Permit, Tax payment or whatever documents that confirms his ownership of the business. You also need to establish that his business can sustain his and his family's needs and well as your's, meaning, his business is financially stable.

my father would become a primary sponsor, he is having a fixed deposit in his bank account but he is a retired official, so what documents should I attach? - you can add his financial docs together with your brother. No need to drop one. Two sponsors are better than one.

"This amount should reflect on your "Own" bank records" - meaning you have your own money in a bank account under your name. Submit bank certificates and bank statements of your own bank account and not just your brother and father.

did you try to say I must make a written summary regarding my funds besides SOP? - YES, to help the VO understand your documents clearly, make a summary of your Financial situation. Include in the summary the conversion rate at the time that you prepared your documents, and then make a table based on;

I. Liquid Assets ( include the bank information like Bank Account number and the funds available written in your Bank Certificate/Statement )
II. Property ( include property that is under your name )

This should be uploaded in the "Proof of Means of Financial Support " and not in the Client Information.

And in your application IMM1294e, on the question "My expenses in Canada will be paid by" answer Other and put " Myself with support from Father and Brother " since this is what you are doing.

Make sure that your SOP, IMM1294e and documents submitted justifies each other. If information mentioned in your IMM1294e cannot be justified by your SOP and the supporting docs, this might create doubt in the mind of the VO thus the rejection.
Thanks dear, you can never imagine that how grateful I'm. You are making me aware with everything which would certainly help me in getting a positive outcome during my visa application.

I will upload all my academic documents ( Marksheets & Degree Certificates from high school to the last completed education), IELTS, RESUME, previous work experience documents (eg. Experience certificates, Salary Slips, Offer letter, Appreciation letters, Salary Certificate), SOP in the "Client Information" column. And rest Financial documents (eg. Bank statements, bank certificate), ITRs of my parents and my own ITR, Property evaluation report, CA report all under the "Proof of Means for Financial Support" column.

The size of the pdf should not exceed more than 4 MB, can you please suggest me the steps that how to make a PDF file and if the pdf size exceeds then how to compress it? Is there any software?

I'm sorry but I I forgot to ask, where to attach letter of acceptance and letter stating co-op is required as internship/field placement is mandatory in my program.

Also, in which column I need to indicate that my visa was earlier refused?

As u aware that previously my visa was refused on the grounds of Funds, I've sent u a message, I request you to please check and help me on the same also.

Eventually, I would say, You're such a nice human being. Thanks for assisting me.

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
I don't think so, I attached any strong ties to my Home country as I did not find or overlooked that we need to show that info..I provided my family details , about my mother and my wife and clearly mentioning that My wife is not travelling with me.

One thing i forgot to mention is I opened a Bank Account in Canada and deposited 2500 Dollars in the account. I have added that statement as well.

I really can't do much now as the application is submitted. Just have to wait and see how it goes.

But thank you for the additional details.
Then I believe you have a very strong point because you've clearly mentioned that your wife is not travelling with you, it should be considered applicant's strong ties to his home country.

Moreover, as pdf is a best option to upload our files in the system, can you please suggest the steps that how to make a PDF file and if the pdf size exceeds then how to compress it? Is there any software?

As you said that you forgot to add in the above mentioned points about your recently opened bank account in which you transfered CAD 2500, so did you forget any other thing to mention which should be aware all of us?

I believe, in online application, we could add additional documents at any stage even after submitting also. If the system allows you to attach then I would strongly suggest you to go ahead and attach parents' bank statements also just to avoid any bad fate.

You earlier said that you have not sought any agent's or consultant's help, applied on your own. So, who guided you to apply by this way (the way you mentioned above points stating which documents be attached in a specific column)?

You would surely get a positive outcome on your application. Just keep praying to Almighty and have True Faith on him, he will surely help you.

Last edited:

hrithvik123

Jul 17, 2018
Anyone applied online? Can anyone please let me know the precise steps to be followed in order to apply?

I am applying on my own so don't know how to apply. What are the documents which are imperative to attach while submitting and what are the mistakes which one must avoid while applying online? Any additional documents required?

I would be eternally grateful.
Bro online application is way better than offline and also much easier.. I applied online by myself on 30th june... Got approval on 2nd august... Its fast and easy... You will have to answer a questionnaire based on which u will receive ur document checklist.

Reactions: Krishna13

Krishna13

May 19, 2018
Bro online application is way better than offline and also much easier.. I applied online by myself on 30th june... Got approval on 2nd august... Its fast and easy... You will have to answer a questionnaire based on which u will receive ur document checklist.
Thanks hrithvik... :)