+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application timeline for June 2018 applicant from india

FastLike4G

May 22, 2018
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
RIYADH
hi everyone,

GUY one of my friend applied for visit visa, he submitted his application online today,

Application step
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

why it says we dont need your fingerprints, last month i applied and i got an email with PDF for fingerprints but my friend didn't receive any email and it shows we dont need your fingerprints , did they change the system or what ?
he is pakistani like me .
please reply ASAP

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
I think it varies from case to case basis and how easily they can verify the information provided in the application. I have applied and got approved two times and my review of eligibility and approval had a gap of twenty four hours max. Same is the case with my two elder brothers for which they also took the same amount of time. You might think that we got lucky, god knows.. but we prepared a very well documented case. I guess it helps in faster processing. It might be that it’s a tourist season and they embassies are flooded with applications and so the delay. Anyways good luck to all those waiting, hope everyone gets their approval in time for their travel.
Ps: Applied from India

CanadaVisitor7

Jul 22, 2018
It was my child's visa (5 months old) reason they mentioned ( travel history, employment status, family ties). Our bags were almost packed and VO played their part. Now all program cancelled. I was thinking to write email to VO asking about what is the exact reason you refused child visa. Looking for someone expert's advice.

As far as I have read through the forums , there are 2 options :-
1) Raise web enquiry and ask them to reconsider the decision for your child (We can only request to reconsider, not appeal)
2) Submit a brand new application online through CIC, attach the copies of your and spouse's Passport/Canada visa in optional documents and mention the same in Covering letter.

I personally don't see a good reason why VO would want the parents to travel to Canada while leaving their child behind, especially a 5 month old child who needs care in these early months which includes breastfeeding by the child's mother. This is a very compassionate reason which VO should look at.

@Bryanna Your input will be greatly appreciated in this matter.

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
As far as I have read through the forums , there are 2 options :-
1) Raise web enquiry and ask them to reconsider the decision for your child (We can only request to reconsider, not appeal)
2) Submit a brand new application online through CIC, attach the copies of your and spouse's Passport/Canada visa in optional documents and mention the same in Covering letter.

I personally don't see a good reason why VO would want the parents to travel to Canada while leaving their child behind, especially a 5 month old child who needs care in these early months which includes breastfeeding by the child's mother. This is a very compassionate reason which VO should look at.

@Bryanna Your input will be greatly appreciated in this matter.
@Bryanna Can you help on this. Its been a week I got the refusal mail from VO and we have got our passport back with stamp. Application of my child still show in progress when I track through VFS site. Also i am not able to link my paper base application online.

H06

Sep 26, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
15 March 2021 (Paper Application)
Doc's Request.
24-02-2022 Schedule A ( Dependant)
AOR Received.
24-02-2022
Med's Request
03-03-2022 Medical Passes (old medicals)
@Bryanna Can you help on this. Its been a week I got the refusal mail from VO and we have got our passport back with stamp. Application of my child still show in progress when I track through VFS site. Also i am not able to link my paper base application online.
Stamp !! You mean a visa stamp after you got a refusal ? I don’t think they put a refusal stamp on the passport ? Do they ? If husband and wife are denied visa than the minor child is in line to get a refusal. It’s just the matter when. In some cases I have seen that visa of minor child is refused if parents are PR in Canada and child is born in India and reason given are generic in nature. Though strange things happen with refusals. Good luck to you all.

Last edited:

vdhiman23

Jul 1, 2016
Stamp !! You mean a visa stamp after you got a refusal ? I don’t think they put a refusal stamp on the passport ? Do they ? If husband and wife are denied visa than the minor child is in line to get a refusal. It’s just the matter when. In some cases I have seen that visa of minor child is refused if parents are PR in Canada and child is born in India and reason given are generic in nature. Though strange things happen with refusals. Good luck to you all.
By stamps means approval sticker for 10 years. We are based in India. Me and my wife already had visa for Australia. This is first time we applied for canada TRV. Still its wired they refused the visa of child and approved his mother and father. Also with this hack, they restricted us also to travel.

Semsed

Jul 23, 2018
Hey guys
Can anyone tell me how exactly should I word the case specific enquiry? Because I want to send one as my travel dates is 2nd of august and they haven't updated yet. I also don't want to piss them off with a wrongly worded one. Please guys I really need your help !!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey guys
Can anyone tell me how exactly should I word the case specific enquiry? Because I want to send one as my travel dates is 2nd of august and they haven't updated yet. I also don't want to piss them off with a wrongly worded one. Please guys I really need your help !!!
There's nothing you can do. Background checks can take several weeks or months.

Sending a web form/email will not work until the background checks are completed. It's best if you postpone your travel dates

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Don't check through the VFS site because VFS does not have access to the internal processing updates/status.

Has your baby been refused? Did you get his passport back?

Semsed

Jul 23, 2018
There's nothing you can do. Background checks can take several weeks or months.

Sending a web form/email will not work until the background checks are completed. It's best if you postpone your travel dates
Thank you bryanna
Sadly i can't do that because i am traveling to Canada to attend a conference so i guess I'll just wait and hope for the best :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you bryanna
Sadly i can't do that because i am traveling to Canada to attend a conference so i guess I'll just wait and hope for the best :(
You're in a difficult situation. Hope you get super lucky and you get a decision before your travel date.

Have you traveled to or lived in any high-risk or politically unstable countries?

Semsed

Jul 23, 2018
You're in a difficult situation. Hope you get super lucky and you get a decision before your travel date.

Have you traveled to or lived in any high-risk or politically unstable countries?
I have only lived in Egypt and Saudi Arabia and I don't know if they count as unstable countries.

FastLike4G

May 22, 2018
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
RIYADH
GUY one of my friend applied for visit visa, he submitted his application online today,

Application step
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

why it says we dont need your fingerprints, last month i applied and i got an email with PDF for fingerprints but my friend didn't receive any email and it shows we dont need your fingerprints , did they change the system or what ?
he is pakistani like me .
please reply ASAP
@Bryanna could you please help me out.