+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application timeline for June 2018 applicant from india

Annu.guj

Nov 2, 2017
After you apply they send you a AOR stating which visa office has your file. I’m not very sure about this but I got a mail on 13th July 2018 stating that my application is under process in Delhi office with my application number and uci.
Hi... thanks i checked the mail. Though there was no clear mention of stating which visa office has my file but it came from Delhi immigration office so i guess it should be Delhi VO.

spand806

Jun 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
13th oct
Doc's Request.
never
AOR Received.
aor 2 22nd NOV
File Transfer...
22ND NOV
I applied for TRV from Ahmedabad online on 19th June. It still shows reviewing eligibility since 4 july. No idea which VO is processing the file. Feeling very anxious.
same thing here my dear 17 june applicant online. Ahmedabad but online application

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi... thanks i checked the mail. Though there was no clear mention of stating which visa office has my file but it came from Delhi immigration office so i guess it should be Delhi VO.
Not necessarily. It was sent by NDVO because NDVO handles visa applications for your state/city.... but actual processing can be done by any global visa office

Annu.guj

Nov 2, 2017
Not necessarily. It was sent by NDVO because NDVO handles visa applications for your state/city.... but actual processing can be done by any global visa office
Thats ao complicated. Last time i applied offline n it was processed at Bangalore.

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Hi Bryanna, Deepak and other friends,

My TRV application for my in-laws applied through online on 19th June got rejected yesterday. Below are the reasons:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel History - Actually they have traveled to Saudi Arabia once in 2017 and stayed there for 15 days and returned back. So I assume they have a good travel history. Is this travel history not enough?

Purpose of visit - As you know I mentioned in my invite letter that they are coming here to take care of my wife during pregnancy and also to visit attraction places in Ontario. So as Bryanna mentioned pregnancy would in my invite letter would have caused the issue

Personal Assets and Financial Status - I applied saying they are coming here for 3 months and they are carrying 7.5 lakhs (apprx 14,000 CAD) and provided bank statement proof as well.(7 lakh was recently deposited.) And also attached affidavit for assets at India of approx CAD 239,000.

Now my question is, I am planning to apply for them again within a week. Can I? Is it advisable to apply immediate? have people got the TRV approved my applying immediately?

Please advise where should I improve on the above three points and what action should I take before I apply. Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, Deepak and other friends,

My TRV application for my in-laws applied through online on 19th June got rejected yesterday.
Sorry to know your in-laws were refused. Unfortunately, the possibility of refusals was quite high.

Travel History - Actually they have traveled to Saudi Arabia once in 2017 and stayed there for 15 days and returned back. So I assume they have a good travel history. Is this travel history not enough?
By 'Travel History', IRCC would like to see short visits to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc.

Travel to KSA doesn't count.

Purpose of visit - As you know I mentioned in my invite letter that they are coming here to take care of my wife during pregnancy and also to visit attraction places in Ontario. So as Bryanna mentioned pregnancy would in my invite letter would have caused the issue
Yes, this is one of the key reasons why they were refused.

Personal Assets and Financial Status - I applied saying they are coming here for 3 months and they are carrying 7.5 lakhs (apprx 14,000 CAD)
Did you mention that they are bringing CAD 14,000? For what reason?
Also, three months is a very long visit duration from a TRV perspective.

and provided bank statement proof as well.(7 lakh was recently deposited.)
What was the source of this INR 700,000?

And also attached affidavit for assets at India of approx CAD 239,000.
Affidavits don't work. They should have included copies of all the assets.

Now my question is, I am planning to apply for them again within a week. Can I? Is it advisable to apply immediate? have people got the TRV approved my applying immediately?
Stop. Don't rush to submit new applications so quickly.

1. When is your baby due?

2. Are your in-laws employed/business/retired?

3. Do they live with other dependent family members?

4. What ties can they demonstrate to India? Is their property rented out?

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry to know your in-laws were refused. Unfortunately, the possibility of refusals was quite high.
Thanks a lot Bryanna for taking time and responding to my questions. I really appreciate your effort. I have answered your questions below in bold. Please advise.

By 'Travel History', IRCC would like to see short visits to visa-required countries such as the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc.

Travel to KSA doesn't count. - OK. So in this case they don't have travel history at all. So what can they do?

Purpose of travel - Yes, this is one of the key reasons why they were refused. - Yeah you are right

Did you mention that they are bringing CAD 14,000? For what reason? - Yes for their expense for 3 months. Since I am yet to get a job in Toronto I was not able to provide proof of my job offer or payslip to take care of their expense.

Also, three months is a very long visit duration from a TRV perspective. - Yeah I agree with you. I will take your suggestion for duration when I apply for next time.

What was the source of this INR 700,000? - Just a bank deposit. Since they do agriculture(main source) and real estate as side business they have cash in hand in rotation and they deposited in bank.

Affidavits don't work. They should have included copies of all the assets. - OK

Stop. Don't rush to submit new applications so quickly. - OK

1. When is your baby due? - Baby is due on 10-Aug-2018. My wife is in her 36th week now. just 4 more weeks to go. Anytime now she can deliver.

2. Are your in-laws employed/business/retired? - Actually my father-in-law does agriculture. He has huge agriculture land inherited from his ancestors and this is his main source of income. He also do real estate and home construction as side business . And he is more than 60 years old. And also he has many properties rented out and get income from that.

3. Do they live with other dependent family members? My father in law & mother-in-law is in India staying along with his own brother family. My father in law has two daughters. Elder one is married to me and in Canada and the younger one is in Kuwait.

4. What ties can they demonstrate to India? Is their property rented out?
- They are staying in their own house and they have many properties which are rented out and getting rental income in hand.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- They are staying in their own house and they have many properties which are rented out and getting rental income in hand.
OK. So in this case they don't have travel history at all. So what can they do?
It's not possible to change their travel history at this point. So, you'll need to focus on their other strong ties.

Yes for their expense for 3 months. Since I am yet to get a job in Toronto I was not able to provide proof of my job offer or payslip to take care of their expense.
Two red flags here:
#1: They requested a stay of three months

#2: Wanting to bring CAD 14,000 = Indicates there's no support from you for their visit = Indirectly/incorrectly indicates they may not stay with you

Just a bank deposit. Since they do agriculture(main source) and real estate as side business they have cash in hand in rotation and they deposited in bank.
Do they pay taxes?
Can they prove they have earned this money through legit sources?
Is this amount consistent with previous bank deposits in the past?

Baby is due on 10-Aug-2018. My wife is in her 36th week now. just 4 more weeks to go. Anytime now she can deliver.
1. What documents did you submit for your wife's pregnancy? Did you mention the due date?

2. Does your mom-in-law own properties? Have a bank account? Pay taxes? Earn rental income? Has issued rent agreements to tenants?

3. Her daughter in Kuwait won't count as a family tie.

IMO, the damage has been done quite unfortunately. Any change in the purpose of visit and/or the length of the visit will raise red flags. Plus, you are unable to financially support their visit.

My suggestions:
1. You must reapply only for your mom-in-law. Do not reapply for your dad-in-law. There are no guarantees that she will be approved. With the baby's birth due shortly, it's not possible to wait for a couple of months and then reapply with a change in the purpose of visit.

2. Instead of your mom-in-law, is there any other female relative whom you can invite? Maybe someone who has better ties to India + strong financials + some travel history?

muba

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
1. What documents did you submit for your wife's pregnancy? Did you mention the due date? - We did not submit any documents for her pregnancy. In the invite letter we mentioned she is 33 weeks pregnant and her due date is 10-Aug.

2. Does your mom-in-law own properties? Have a bank account? Pay taxes? Earn rental income? Has issued rent agreements to tenants?
Yes She owns properties and get rental income and has issued rental agreements to tenants.

3. Her daughter in Kuwait won't count as a family tie. - Yeah got it. But she has a plan to return to India in December and stay with her parents for a while.

IMO, the damage has been done quite unfortunately. Any change in the purpose of visit and/or the length of the visit will raise red flags. Plus, you are unable to financially support their visit. - Agree with you. However I am likely to get a job offer soon. So is it a good idea to apply after I get job offer and receive few pay slips and provide my income as proof of support for them?

My suggestions:
1. You must reapply only for your mom-in-law. Do not reapply for your dad-in-law. There are no guarantees that she will be approved. With the baby's birth due shortly, it's not possible to wait for a couple of months and then reapply with a change in the purpose of visit. - My mom-in-law cannot travel alone so far. She needs someones help to accompany her.

2. Instead of your mom-in-law, is there any other female relative whom you can invite? Maybe someone who has better ties to India + strong financials + some travel history?
- Unfortunately we do not have other female relative who can fulfill these points.

So shall I wait for 1 or 1.5 months and re apply with the following details:
Proof of financial support for them: My job offer and payslips
Purpose of visit: To visit the tourist places (supported by day to day itinerary) and to see their new born grand child
Length of stay: 1 month.
Travel History: Cant do anything about it since travel to KSA is the only travel history they have.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- Unfortunately we do not have other female relative who can fulfill these points.

Purpose of visit: To visit the tourist places (supported by day to day itinerary) and to see their new born grand child
Travel History: Cant do anything about it since travel to KSA is the only travel history they have.
Just some suggestions:
Your mom?

Your wife's sister in Kuwait?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

Don't worry about the Travel History refusal. It's not possible to change the situation in the current circumstances.

Quite honestly, your mom-in-law (and also your dad-in-law) have good applications.... but the purpose of visit (to take care of your wife and baby) have made their TRV approvals a bit difficult. Also, if they reapply pretty quickly, their new applications cannot state a significantly different purpose of visit. That's why I suggested inviting another female relative if possible.

You will also need to submit your bank statement (although it is not mandatory for the host's financial documents)