+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Online Application) Language Proof - Is a letter from my university enough or do I have to provide supplementary docs?

Ibeforem

Oct 9, 2017
I have the degree itself which I could scan, and WES's accreditation. Is the letter alone enough or should the attach these 2 additional items? thx

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I have the degree itself which I could scan, and WES's accreditation. Is the letter alone enough or should the attach these 2 additional items? thx
Does this apply to you ?

Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:

1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
If yes you can then include the degree...WES not required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Ibeforem

Oct 9, 2017
Does this apply to you ?

Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:

1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
If yes you can then include the degree...WES not required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html
the degree itself is English. I guess I’ll attach the letter and degree just to be safe, since it comes from a non-English speaking country. Thanks.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
the degree itself is English. I guess I’ll attach the letter and degree just to be safe, since it comes from a non-English speaking country. Thanks.
That will be requried...
Dont you have a IELTS/CELPIP test result copy ?
Even if it is not valid it will still be accepted.