+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

online application details without no refusal reasons

Sheff

Apr 8, 2017
DEAR BRYANNA AND ALL, i applied for visit on January via online.. please check out what i saw when i checked my online application details: no attachment found and i have not gotten any reason for refusal

-Application status - A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below.
-Review of eligibility - We regret to inform you that you do not meet the eligibility requirements. Please see the final decision below.
-Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
-Biometrics -Completed.
-Background check - Your background check was completed.
-Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Currently, there are technical glitches in IRCC's online system. Do wait for a few more days.

If your TRV is refused the 'Final decision' update will mention it instead of the 'application in progress' update. You will also get a refusal letter

Last edited:

juliamelo

Jun 23, 2017
Have you got the refusal letter on the messages yet?

My husebands status is the same since june 13th: refused but without the explanation letter or the final decision status.

Could it still be a glitch?

sohyeb

Jun 8, 2017
Have you got the refusal letter on the messages yet?

My husebands status is the same since june 13th: refused but without the explanation letter or the final decision status.

Could it still be a glitch?
Same here since 7th if June...

Guys what should we do....

sohyeb

Jun 8, 2017
Email the relevant visa office and request for the status + refusal letter (if applicable)
They sent me the refusal letter already in 6/6
Again had an update in 7/6, since then I have not received any update, and I sent them (the visa office in AbuDhabi) an e-mail asking whether the application is closed or it is really in progress... no response

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They sent me the refusal letter already in 6/6
Again had an update in 7/6, since then I have not received any update, and I sent them (the visa office in AbuDhabi) an e-mail asking whether the application is closed or it is really in progress... no response
If you've received the refusal letter stating the grounds for refusal then your file has been closed/refused. No, your application will not be in progress

sohyeb

Jun 8, 2017
If you've received the refusal letter stating the grounds for refusal then your file has been closed/refused. No, your application will not be in progress
Most probably, yes it was refused
I will keep waiting anywas until the final decision changes or I receive the notes ...

Thanks

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hi Bryanna and all seniors,

We received refusal for my brother/best man's TRV today. The reasons for refusal

1. Travel History
and
Other: Considering economic prospects in India, support from family in Canada, economic establishment and family ties in India and Canada, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident.

Like how many 24 years old would have travelled across the world before applying to Canada. We showed, his job that he is on for about 2 years along with helping family at the family farm.

Any advise before we reapply, we provided below mentioned documents
1. Application Form and family information form
2. Passport
3. Photo
4. Letter of Invitation included letter of invitation 2 weeks mentioning, my PR card, my fiancee's birth certificate and proof of accommodation (house)
5. Job letter from employer indicating 2 weeks off approved for the wedding
6. My financial details: 6 months statements (over 30k), ITRs for 3 years, job letter, 3 recent paycheques and land title registration
7. Applicants financial details: about 5k bank statements, affidavit from parents that they will support financially if needed and he will come to India after wedding.
8. Proof of relationship: passports mentioning parents name and affidavit from parents (birth certificate not available)
9. Purpose of Travel: Wedding invitation as best man, receipts of venue, photographer and decorator bookings, wedding website and event code
10. Letter of Explanation: Cover letter stating the visit temporary, will need to be back to India for planning reception for extended family and friends, join back his job that he is on for 2 years, and help at the family farm for rice crop harvest in October. Along with day to day itinerary for the planned two weeks stay.

Any advise before reapply,

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi dr_jatt,

So sorry to hear that your brother/best man was refused. Don't lose hope.

The 'Travel History' refusal is a very common but generic refusal reason. Visa officers understand that someone has to travel to some country first.

Previous travel history only proves that someone met the criteria to be issued visas from other countries + had adhered to the conditions specified by those visas and returned to his/her home country.

Just to clarify:
My financial details: 6 months statements (over 30k), ITRs for 3 years, job letter, 3 recent paycheques and land title registration
Are these your brother's documents or your's as the host? I ask because you've mentioned 'ITRs' and land title registration.

Applicants financial details: about 5k bank statements, affidavit from parents that they will support financially if needed and he will come to India after wedding.
Is the 5,000 in CAD or INR?

3. Did your brother only submit an explanation and/or evidence of his employment (apart from the leave approval letter), farm responsibilities, etc?

4. Does your brother own any land/property? Credit cards? Is he engaged to be married himself sometime soon?

5. Will other family members also be visiting? Have they been issued TRVs?

Cheers

Reactions: dr_jaat

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Thanks Bryanna,

1. These are my financial documents as host not brother's.

2. Applicant (brother) financial details: around 300,000 INR so around 5500 CAD in his account

3. The letter from the employer detailed job start date to present along with job responsibilities, hours and salary. In last paragraph it said 2 weeks leave (with dates) has been approved. There was an additional letter of explanation with farm responsibilities and reception planning and management in October in India.

4. My brother does not own any land/property. The land transfer to name happens when parents are too old. He just graduated 2 years ago and working towards gaining some experience and plan his own business set up eventually. He has add on credit cards on dad's card but not for himself. He is still single and does not want to get married for few more years until he gets more established.

5. Parents are coming (they got their visa approved couple months ago), my high school best friend is also coming with his wife and daughter (they just got the PPR and have submitted the passports). I invited him, parents, and the friend. Only he got refusal. Parents are coming on a different date than him so we checked them as not accompanying members in the family information form as they will be entering on a different date.

I don't know how to convince them on that we do not have any intentions to not respect the visa terms.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
2. Applicant (brother) financial details: around 300,000 INR so around 5500 CAD in his account
Hope none of it was borrowed/transferred shortly before applying.

IMO, your brother was refused because the explanations were not backed by evidence.

I would include:
1. Employment letter + 4-6 months' salary slips + 6 months' bank statements that prove the salary deposits + 2 years ITRs + Form 16 + the leave approval letter (a new one with a current date)

2. Farm responsibilities: What evidence can he include for this? What exactly does he do? Does he get paid for this? How does he manage two sets of work responsibilities i.e. farm + full-time employment (you'll need to explain this when you reapply)? Or does he manage the farm on weekends?

3. Reception planning: Again, evidence of his involvement. Honestly, I think the visa officer may not buy this reason as usually parents and older relatives are involved in these activities unless your parents will not return to India until the reception.

4. Apart from the scheduled reception (reason to return), what other reasons can your brother prove to return by a specific date? Work commitment? Farm activity? Any volunteer/charity event work? Part-time study? Training program at his workplace?

5. In addition to the 'Letter of Financial Support', he must also include your dad's bank statement (6 months) + your dad's ITRs

Cheers

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hope none of it was borrowed/transferred shortly before applying.

IMO, your brother was refused because the explanations were not backed by evidence.

I would include:
1. Employment letter + 4-6 months' salary slips + 6 months' bank statements that prove the salary deposits + 2 years ITRs + Form 16 + the leave approval letter (a new one with a current date)
Cheers
None was borrowed there were few recent transfers but not everything was recent. We don't use banking too much. We included 6 months statements. We can get employment letter however do not have salary slips as it is paid in cash. We included 2 years ITRs but no form 16 as well sell crop under dad's name. We can surely get a new leave approval letter. Would it be helpful, having another letter by the employer saying that he was being paid in cash. The employer is very supportive and willing to help where he can.

2. Farm responsibilities: What evidence can he include for this? What exactly does he do? Does he get paid for this? How does he manage two sets of work responsibilities i.e. farm + full-time employment (you'll need to explain this when you reapply)? Or does he manage the farm on weekends?
It's family farm and under dad's name. He just helps dad when needed especially during plantation and harvest time. He arrange time off and work on weekends when required. He does not get paid for this as he live at home and all living expenses are covered though dad. We can include that in application.

3. Reception planning: Again, evidence of his involvement. Honestly, I think the visa officer may not buy this reason as usually parents and older relatives are involved in these activities unless your parents will not return to India until the reception.
Yes, that was the plan that we would come with parents and he would have few things going before we get there. I can mention that in the LOE if you think it would be helpful.

4. Apart from the scheduled reception (reason to return), what other reasons can your brother prove to return by a specific date? Work commitment? Farm activity? Any volunteer/charity event work? Part-time study? Training program at his workplace?
The vacation approval letter from the employer said "he has confirmed that he will join back on 3rd October, 2017". Also in LOE we mentioned the harvest work at the farm in October. He is also involved in community welfare work at the village panchayat (not included). Also, was planning on taking part time classes for skills advancement (AutoCAD) from a private institute (not included as he has not started any, he was planning to join after he was back). Would it be helpful to have volunteer letter from panchayat and have confirmation of enrolment from the institute with start date after September?

5. In addition to the 'Letter of Financial Support', he must also include your dad's bank statement (6 months) + your dad's ITRs
We included both mom and dad's statements for 6 months but did not include their ITRs. Will surely include next time.

Thanks a lot