AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hope none of it was borrowed/transferred shortly before applying.

IMO, your brother was refused because the explanations were not backed by evidence.

I would include:
1. Employment letter + 4-6 months' salary slips + 6 months' bank statements that prove the salary deposits + 2 years ITRs + Form 16 + the leave approval letter (a new one with a current date)

2. Farm responsibilities: What evidence can he include for this? What exactly does he do? Does he get paid for this? How does he manage two sets of work responsibilities i.e. farm + full-time employment (you'll need to explain this when you reapply)? Or does he manage the farm on weekends?

3. Reception planning: Again, evidence of his involvement. Honestly, I think the visa officer may not buy this reason as usually parents and older relatives are involved in these activities unless your parents will not return to India until the reception.

4. Apart from the scheduled reception (reason to return), what other reasons can your brother prove to return by a specific date? Work commitment? Farm activity? Any volunteer/charity event work? Part-time study? Training program at his workplace?

5. In addition to the 'Letter of Financial Support', he must also include your dad's bank statement (6 months) + your dad's ITRs

Cheers
Hi Bryanna,

I am working on your advise

1. Employment Letter + salary certificate from employer (salary slips not available) + 6 months statements + 2 years ITRs + new leave approval letter - DONE

2. Farm responsibilities: Affidavit from parents saying he is living with parents and helping at farm at the time need especially plantation and harvest when he has time off from work (weekends). Also mentioning that him and I are the heir of property with property valuation (4.24 crore INR) attached.

3. Reception planning: I will explain that parents will be coming with us and brother will need to leave early and work on it. We are not booking any venue, it will be just hiring cooks and servers at home and village community center will be used as venue and the whole village is being invited.

4. Apart from the scheduled reception (reason to return), he will need to be on training for audio visual instruments operations and the employer is planing to set up a social media videos process to promote his business in November, and he would also get a small raise after that. It will be mentioned on the letter from employer. Also, letter from the village head for community work involvement.

5. In addition to the 'Letter of Financial Support', he will also include our parents bank statement (6 months) + ITRs.

Also, we found that he has some property in village which we thought is under dad's name so assessment is over 35 lacs INR (property) and 3.20 lacs INR in bank and my financials (savings over 30,000 CAD) as I am paying for the trip. Also, an extra letter from my fiance (she is a born citizen here and her whole family is here) saying how important it is meet the whole family and assuring it is just a family visit for the wedding and he will leave after the visit.

In my invitation and his cover letter, I am also thinking to mention that its not just one time thing. Now we have families cross border it will be important to have many visits over the years to see kids and reunite with family.

Is there anything else you think of that we should include or remove.

Thanks a lot for your time Bryanna. You really are a big help in stressful situations like this.

Thanks,

dr_jaat

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi dr_jatt,

My advice: Evidence. Evidence. Evidence. That works better than explanations (which cannot be a substitute for evidence).

1. Employment Letter + salary certificate from employer (salary slips not available) + 6 months statements + 2 years ITRs + new leave approval letter - DONE
1-2 work commitments to return to by a specific date with evidence.

2. Farm responsibilities: Affidavit from parents saying he is living with parents and helping at farm at the time need especially plantation and harvest when he has time off from work (weekends). Also mentioning that him and I are the heir of property with property valuation (4.24 crore INR) attached.
Evidence is required. Affidavits don't work as they cannot be enforced and affidavits can be easily made.

Evidence:
1. They live at the same address + any evidence that your brother works on the farms or he supervises the farm workers or he pays them etc

2. The affidavit/statement that you and your brother will inherit the property won't work. What would work is a gift deed (I'm NOT suggesting that your dad must do this).

As your dad is actively managing stuff, a Power of Attorney won't work in your brother's case + it could backfire later when your dad reapplies for another Canada visa (it would reduce your dad's ties).

3. Reception planning: I will explain that parents will be coming with us and brother will need to leave early and work on it. We are not booking any venue, it will be just hiring cooks and servers at home and village community center will be used as venue and the whole village is being invited.
Again, evidence is necessary.

And, like I mentioned in my previous post, normally the elders/seniors of the family are assigned such wedding reception tasks. So, the VO may not be convinced that your brother must return for this reason.

Also, we found that he has some property in village which we thought is under dad's name so assessment is over 35 lacs INR (property) and 3.20 lacs INR in bank
That's great.

Do a valuation of this property + translate it into English (if required) + any tax returns on this property(??)

Also, an extra letter from my fiance (she is a born citizen here and her whole family is here) saying how important it is meet the whole family and assuring it is just a family visit for the wedding and he will leave after the visit.
Evidence that he will return, not the commitment from your fiancée :)

You can make a slightly emotional statement that your brother is your only sibling..... and it would be most unfortunate if he is missing from your wedding celebrations.

But again, the visa officer's reasoning would be that your brother is arranging for the wedding reception in your village.... so it won't matter about the wedding in Canada.

In my invitation and his cover letter, I am also thinking to mention that its not just one time thing. Now we have families cross border it will be important to have many visits over the years to see kids and reunite with family .
Huge no-no. Terribly wrong statement to make.

If cross border families want to reunite, there are super visas or PGPs to apply for the seniors..... and study/work permits or immigration through economic streams for the younger siblings. TRVs are strictly for short visits.

Do request for a single visit = indicates no intention to remain long term in Canada

I suggest your brother prepare a cover letter:
Host details + Applicant details + Refusal reasons and how he has addressed them + His strong ties to India (employment + property ownership + farm responsibilities) + Purpose and duration of his visit (give a broad outline of his sightseeing plans + your wedding) + Finances available for his visit + Why he must return to India by XX date.

Point format, short facts. No long sentences. Must be easy to read quickly.

Give evidence numbers to evidence. Cross refer evidence in the cover letter.

1. What about the day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates? You will eventually pay for his living expenses, etc but he must prove he can do it on his own

2. What about the study program he was to enroll for?

3. His 2-3 months credit card statements (not just scans of the cards)?

4. Letter of financial support from your dad + the related documents?

5. Any immediate relatives who your brother lives with (not your parents)? Grandparents who will not be attending your wedding?

No kidding this..... someone's parents even got TRV approvals by showing they had dogs (who they were close to) to return to India as no one else could take care of them. This was after two previous TRV refusals + no other immediate family members left behind

Cheers

Jun 8, 2017
They sent me the refusal letter already in 6/6
Again had an update in 7/6, since then I have not received any update, and I sent them (the visa office in AbuDhabi) an e-mail asking whether the application is closed or it is really in progress... no response
I also received online refusal letter 15 june but final decision is in progress still and no update for passport
They sent me the refusal letter already in 6/6
Again had an update in 7/6, since then I have not received any update, and I sent them (the visa office in AbuDhabi) an e-mail asking whether the application is closed or it is really in progress... no response
Same here from 15 june.

sohyeb

Jun 8, 2017
I also received online refusal letter 15 june but final decision is in progress still and no update for passport

Same here from 15 june.
After the IRCC website maintenance last Tuesday I can not see the final decision anymore nothing written "blank row"
However the status in the dashboard is "refused"

dr_jaat

Star Member
Nov 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2015
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-06-2016
Hi dr_jatt,

My advice: Evidence. Evidence. Evidence. That works better than explanations (which cannot be a substitute for evidence).

1-2 work commitments to return to by a specific date with evidence.

Evidence is required. Affidavits don't work as they cannot be enforced and affidavits can be easily made.

Evidence:
1. They live at the same address + any evidence that your brother works on the farms or he supervises the farm workers or he pays them etc

2. The affidavit/statement that you and your brother will inherit the property won't work. What would work is a gift deed (I'm NOT suggesting that your dad must do this).

As your dad is actively managing stuff, a Power of Attorney won't work in your brother's case + it could backfire later when your dad reapplies for another Canada visa (it would reduce your dad's ties).

Again, evidence is necessary.

And, like I mentioned in my previous post, normally the elders/seniors of the family are assigned such wedding reception tasks. So, the VO may not be convinced that your brother must return for this reason.

That's great.

Do a valuation of this property + translate it into English (if required) + any tax returns on this property(??)

Evidence that he will return, not the commitment from your fiancée :)

You can make a slightly emotional statement that your brother is your only sibling..... and it would be most unfortunate if he is missing from your wedding celebrations.

But again, the visa officer's reasoning would be that your brother is arranging for the wedding reception in your village.... so it won't matter about the wedding in Canada.

Huge no-no. Terribly wrong statement to make.

If cross border families want to reunite, there are super visas or PGPs to apply for the seniors..... and study/work permits or immigration through economic streams for the younger siblings. TRVs are strictly for short visits.

Do request for a single visit = indicates no intention to remain long term in Canada

I suggest your brother prepare a cover letter:
Host details + Applicant details + Refusal reasons and how he has addressed them + His strong ties to India (employment + property ownership + farm responsibilities) + Purpose and duration of his visit (give a broad outline of his sightseeing plans + your wedding) + Finances available for his visit + Why he must return to India by XX date.

Point format, short facts. No long sentences. Must be easy to read quickly.

Give evidence numbers to evidence. Cross refer evidence in the cover letter.

1. What about the day-by-day itinerary with expense estimates? You will eventually pay for his living expenses, etc but he must prove he can do it on his own

2. What about the study program he was to enroll for?

3. His 2-3 months credit card statements (not just scans of the cards)?

4. Letter of financial support from your dad + the related documents?

5. Any immediate relatives who your brother lives with (not your parents)? Grandparents who will not be attending your wedding?

No kidding this..... someone's parents even got TRV approvals by showing they had dogs (who they were close to) to return to India as no one else could take care of them. This was after two previous TRV refusals + no other immediate family members left behind

Cheers
Thanks Bryanna,

Letter from Employer with a mandatory skills development training scheduled in Nov-Dec (with exact dates) and he will get more responsibilities and a raise after this training.

Removing wedding reception in India point now, it does not seem adding any value and could cause more harm.

Evidence of living at same address on passports and drivers license and farm responsibilities is hard to provide evidence. Everywhere it dads name and nowhere his name on any paper of j-forms.

Property evaluation in English, it a village property so no tax statement

Have a letter ready with how I feel him not being here also similar letter from fiance, requesting a single visit.

Brother is working on the letter as you advised.

I am including expense estimate in the itinerary.

Parents: Letter of financial support + property evaluations + 3 years ITRs + 6 months statements + J-forms + land records all ready.

Grand parents passed away long time ago, now its just parents and us.

The training program he was enrolling for is very short and the institute could not give the date of start as they have it on demand. Institute also refused to give confirmation of enrollment all they would give is just the payment receipt. So that would not work.

Dharmender has dogs too. In the village there is no formal registration of pets however we could get the letter from veterinary surgeon (VS) of the area as evidence. VS visit often for our dogs and cows, shouldn't have any problem receiving that.

Thanks again for your advise and support. It was a busy weekend for us we had wedding shower planed and had some wedding work to do. Now I am back on the TRV. Hopefully, we will resubmit on 7th July or before.

Thanks,

dr_jaat

tbk57

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
After the IRCC website maintenance last Tuesday I can not see the final decision anymore nothing written "blank row"
However the status in the dashboard is "refused"
Hi.
I have the same status these days.
Havent received any refusal letter.final decision is blank while status shows refused.
Its been 35 days now and my passport is stuck in the vo.
After how long did you get the letter and passport?
Thanks