VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
true, there must be a reason. it would make sense if they are disqualified because the person hasn't technically been "vetted" yet. Guess it's anyone's guess why it is the way it is.

sucky.

chris1302

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDNPR2014 said:
out of curiousity, is there anyone on this thread from Ontario who has been working on the OWP for 6 mo and have tried to get OHIP? a poster in another thread is suggesting the OHIP rule for OWP holders may not apply to this OWP. Would love to know if people have been successful with OHIP...

My husband did not have an issue getting OHIP under case 27.
All they requested that he have a letter from his employer (on company letterhead) starting his start date, that he is working FT hours and the he WILL be employed there for a minimum of another 6 months.
He got OHIP right away due to his start date with the company.

It was a very easy process for us. This was back in the fall though so I'm not sure if they have changed things since then. I do know that they are very picky with the letter and all the info needs to be on it.

But the good news for us is he got DM yesterday (we are Jan 2015 applicants) and were very surprised that we got it so soon.

Hope this helps guys !!! :)

ducman

Oct 13, 2015
So has anyone here submitted the PR app and OWP app at the same time and then received the OWP?

My consultant has submitted the PR app (Inland) but says we need to wait for a file# to apply for the OWP?

Please share your experiences.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ducman said:
So has anyone here submitted the PR app and OWP app at the same time and then received the OWP?

My consultant has submitted the PR app (Inland) but says we need to wait for a file# to apply for the OWP?

Please share your experiences.
You can do this. However the problem is that if you submit PR application without OWP application together, you won't get "implied status". You can only get "implied status" is if you submitted OWP application along with PR application together same time.

Submitting a PR application alone will not give you "implied status".

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ducman said:
yes, i believe there are a good number of people who have done this. i would recommend checking out the 2016 inland thread...

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
screech339 said:
You can do this. However the problem is that if you submit PR application without OWP application together, you won't get "implied status". You can only get "implied status" is if you submitted OWP application along with PR application together same time.

Submitting a PR application alone will not give you "implied status".
this is not exactly true, you can submit the applications at different times, as long as you submit the new OWP application while you have legal status then implied status will be the same as if you had submitted it at the same time as your PR application

rmv

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
I maybe have one issue with getting OWP, and I would like to hear advices or just what you think about it.
I sent inland sponsorship application in April and got AOR1 in May. But I sent with my both application our Civil Marriage Statement instead of Marriage Certificate. We noticed it luckily a week after sending application package, so we called to CIC and they told to send a new one with my UCI and information. But now I am afraid letter won't be opened in time. My current status here in Canada will expires in July (IEC visa). I don't want to lose opportunity to work while waiting PR! My main question is, can I also apply OWP online? Can it cause any harm if there is also a peper version in?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, i don't think it's possible to apply for the OWP online. if it was submitted with the application, it will be processed in due time. if it was not submitted with your application, than i believe it won't be processed until you receive the AIP letter.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
CDNPR2014 said:
no, i don't think it's possible to apply for the OWP online. if it was submitted with the application, it will be processed in due time. if it was not submitted with your application, than i believe it won't be processed until you receive the AIP letter.
The OWP can only be applied for online after AIP. If it is being submitted before AIP, it must be a paper app.

The OWP can be submitted at any point in the process and provided the applicant has valid status, it will be processed in 4-5 months.

Only those without status must wait until after AIP to apply.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
No, I'm NOT saying that ANYONE with Type:27 has been refused, only that those that HAVE been refused had this on their OWP.

Think about it...there must be a reason why CIC does this, because the Pilot Program OWP is issued solely because an Inland application has been submitted. Nothing has been checked regarding the sponsor's eligibility, or the applicant's qualifications for PR yet.

It was a great improvement to the system, but it's not perfect.
I would replace the term "great improvement" with feeble band-aid.

It's like putting a band-aid on a big steaming heap of dung.

I wonder how many months of backlog the creation of this program invented.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
GustavesF said:
I would replace the term "great improvement" with feeble band-aid.

It's like putting a band-aid on a big steaming heap of dung.
You say that because you didn't get what you wanted from the pilot program, which was solely health coverage. A lot of people have gotten what they wanted from the program, which was the ability to work throughout the process, Many have also obtained health coverage; OWP holders in Ontario who have full-time jobs are able to get OHIP and I haven't heard of any other province refusing health coverage.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
canuck_in_uk said:
You say that because you didn't get what you wanted from the pilot program, which was solely health coverage. A lot of people have gotten what they wanted from the program, which was the ability to work throughout the process, Many have also obtained health coverage; OWP holders in Ontario who have full-time jobs are able to get OHIP and I haven't heard of any other province refusing health coverage.
I say that because it's obvious.

They can't even tell people when their applications have arrived, can't even file applications according to date.

They literally spend 16 months determining if the sponsor is dead or not. So they create a program designed to hand out work permits to everyone who handed in an application.
Don't bother doing any actual processing. Don't bother determining if the applicant is legit.
Don't bother printing up a PR card for someone who has been landed for 8 months, that's toooooo hard.

Immigration fraud? Whatever, doesn't matter, you can legally work in Canada for a year or two before they realize.
Heck, you probably don't even need to apply for immigration, just apply for the OWP. It's not like they even know your application arrived till long after you get your OWP.

No, don't speed up anything, just issue work permits, that's all the people want.

Yeah, the pilot is good news for some people, but not for everyone. Seeing the backlog increase by 5-6 months leading up to the launch of the pilot program I can't help but think the effort would have been better spent on getting phase 1 down to 6-8 months, instead of allowing it to increase to 17.
You know, that way you don't have fraudsters squatting in Canada, with jobs, for 2 years till processing catches up with them.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
The OWP can only be applied for online after AIP. If it is being submitted before AIP, it must be a paper app.

The OWP can be submitted at any point in the process and provided the applicant has valid status, it will be processed in 4-5 months.

Only those without status must wait until after AIP to apply.
oh ok, thanks for the clarification!

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
volkov said:
this is not exactly true, you can submit the applications at different times, as long as you submit the new OWP application while you have legal status then implied status will be the same as if you had submitted it at the same time as your PR application
just wanted to let the forum know, we applied for PR and OWP at different times, sent the PR applicatoin to the Mississauga office and the OWP application to the Vegreville office, and got the OWP approximately 3.5 months later, and it is valid for 2 years from the date of approval