Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
tinabenamer said:
Congratulations!! I hope i can get mine that fast too i sent mine April 9th.. Did you send your OWP seperately?
No I sent application with my application for residency.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Just spoke with the call centre - who reported that i wont receive my owp as i had been out of status. I wont receive it until i receive my AIP some point 12 months from now (no good). Devastating news - as i thought my application for my owp was good.
Thus i will have to leave the country, and apply for my owp when i cross back in. I think.
Trying to look on the cic website for where the details for what i need to submit for a new owp application as part of the pilot program - is it the same package of forms as applying for a work permit?

Thanks.

:(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beans on toast said:
Just spoke with the call centre - who reported that i wont receive my owp as i had been out of status. I wont receive it until i receive my AIP some point 12 months from now (no good). Devastating news - as i thought my application for my owp was good.
Thus i will have to leave the country, and apply for my owp when i cross back in. I think.
Trying to look on the cic website for where the details for what i need to submit for a new owp application as part of the pilot program - is it the same package of forms as applying for a work permit?

Thanks.

If you are now out of status...leaving Canada and trying to re-enter could be a problem. Being denied re-entry, because of your overstay, would kill your Inland application.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
I know, but to lose 4 months of application time, and reapplying if i am able to come back in, seems better than waiting here going batshit crazy for the next 12 months waiting for AIP.
I was genuinely unaware i was out of status - as i thought my owp application kept me in implied status without realising that i needed to restore my status before applying for the owp.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beans on toast said:
I know, but to lose 4 months of application time, and reapplying if i am able to come back in, seems better than waiting here going bat*censored word* crazy for the next 12 months waiting for AIP.
I was genuinely unaware i was out of status - as i thought my owp application kept me in implied status without realising that i needed to restore my status before applying for the owp.
That's a tough call.

What happens if the CBSA officer starts grilling you (once s/he is aware that you've already overstayed) and asks you to show proof of ties back `home'? Chances are good that you don't really have any ties outside of Canada...at least when it comes to where you call home. Not only could you be denied entry, but you could also be hit with an Exclusion Order which would last a year or more!

Now...I'd like to think that the overstay wouldn't be such a big deal, because you do have an active sponsorship application submitted, but who knows how CBSA would see this.

Good luck!

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
Hello all, for everyone that have gotten their OWP through the pilot programme, I will like to know the specific forms to be filled and possibly supporting documentation, fees to be paid. Am August 2014 applicant, currently on PGWP. Thanks to everyone. This forum have been so helpfu

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariMari7 said:
Hi Ponga

Quick question.

If you call the call center and then are informed you are now out of status, would they call CBSA? I have always wondered what they can and cant do, if you call and they see your info?
I suppose the answer to that question is...maybe.

The bigger question is...unless you have done something more serious than overstayed as a visitor, why would they even bother, especially if you have already submitted an Inland application?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hey Guys

I am PR in canada and I am marrying girl who is on LMO in BC. Her work permit expires on Sep 2016. We are planning to marry in India this year in Nov and will apply her Inland application. As once she back in canada with me and we will apply her OWP/PR application right away and once they receive it in Mississauga Centre, she will resign her LMO job, as she will not be working for the mean time even once she is back.

SHe paid money to employer to get the work permit, if she leaves the job but she wouldn't be working until she receives the new work permit, is his employer can complain or cancel is Work permit? As I think of she will be on implied status when she applies for new work permit with PR right away as Mississauga center received the file and because her work permit was valid when she applied?

Please advise.

Thanks Jas

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
beans on toast said:

Thanks.

Are you an American? My husband was out of status a few times and came back over the border. The first time this happened it was a mistake on our part, he was getting his work permit for the SWAP programme and overstayed by 2 weeks. They grilled him hard and lectured us and allowed him through with a warning. Honestly though that particular border agent seemed to delight in seeing me cry.

Since then we just said we had PR in progress and have had no issues crossing back over. The amount of stress though was never worth it, don't let your status expire people!!

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
I'm a UK citizen.
I only found out i was out of status because i called the call centre. I'm going to take the opportunity of leaving the country to visit home, and hopefully be able to explain my issue on my return. I'll take all relevant documents with me and try and explain that in no way was i trying to screw the system because as soon as i found out i was OoS i made plans to leave the country and play by the rules.
Fingers crossed this works ok. I shall hopefully be back in mid August

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
beans on toast said:
I'm a UK citizen.
I only found out i was out of status because i called the call centre. I'm going to take the opportunity of leaving the country to visit home, and hopefully be able to explain my issue on my return. I'll take all relevant documents with me and try and explain that in no way was i trying to screw the system because as soon as i found out i was OoS i made plans to leave the country and play by the rules.
Fingers crossed this works ok. I shall hopefully be back in mid August
Will that work? If I understand correctly you were out of status when you submitted the PR application together with the OWP application. I think the problem you're going to face is that you were out of status when the PR application was submitted. So if you leave and return and resubmit a new
OWP, will they consider the fact you have left and re-entered (and are now back in status)? Or will they look back to the PR application when you were out of status and say you don't qualify for the OWP pilot. How do things work in a case such as this?

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Thanks for the replies!
That's part of what i'm trying to clarify. I'm going to an immigrant services in Kingston next week to discuss my situation and current application, and will gather any useful info (!) i can from the call centre again. As i said, i dont now want to overstay my welcome and make it appear like i am abusing any system. If i can leave and reenter, without any punishment, that is my goal. I am also in the Express Entry pool on 462pts and feel i may be close to an offer (although the less said about the EE system the better!!) and dont want to ruin my chances through this avenue by any infringement caused now.

Ideally, i come back in. My Inland PR application is still valid, and i can apply for an OWP and wait 4 months. Bingo Bongo!

If my Inland PR is invalid because of my Out of Status, then i will come back in and reapply Outland and be prepared to wait the >12 months it takes a UK application, and just forgo the OWP.

Been here 3 yrs and always been trying to do everything right, from study visa, PGWP, CEC application, now EE and Family sponsorship. Dont want to feck it up now!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
beans on toast said:
and will gather any useful info (!) i can from the call centre again.
I wouldn't bother with the call centre. They are only good for the most basic questions - and this isn't a basic question. Just as much chance you'll get the wrong answer as the right one (IMO).

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
hey guys, just a quick question. On the OWP application form, question is asking for current residence. I'm currently in Canada and doing my OWP application. So just to be sure, I should put that my residence is here in Canada even if I'm here as a visitor. Also, it's asking me for FROM AND TO dates for the residence. What should I put there? Obviously, my residence start date is the date I came to Canada. But what should I put TO date?

TIA

MrJanevski

Jul 13, 2015
Hello guys I am very happy that I found this helpful forum. I hope that someone can help me. This is my situation:

I came here as visitor in December 2014, because my boyfriend is from Canada. I got married with him and we applied for spousal sponsor application few days before my visitor visa expired. The problem is that I forgot to applied in same time for OWP when I sent papers in Mississauga.

Now I want to start my OWP application process in Vegreville, AB, but I am not sure that I am eligible, because my status is now on WAITING. My visitor visa is expired. I have only marriage certificate. If anyone had a similar problem like this?