September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
xxxma3dl said:
You have to inform CIC about your mail. Do you live in a building type apt? The postman may have shoved your mail in another mailbox :-X
Yes, im living in an apt type building..it could be a possibility, but i received a letter from cic before about our temporary file number on the same address...Cic agent told me last friday to call them back by june 17 if i will still not receive my OWP

joeschmo

Sep 25, 2014
joeschmo said:
Just had an unsettling conversation with an agent, the first time I've actually been able to get through to a human in weeks. I finally got confirmation that my OWP was received on February 16th 2015. PR Spousal sponsorship was received April 2014 and the OWP app was sent in since the formation of the pilot program. The agent also gave me a new confirmation/ID# that starts with a "W". Great. I have no idea what this is supposed to do since I can't figure out where to plug it in on the website. Anway...

Now that they have the OPW app the agent told me it could be September by the time I get my OWP permit which is the same time I should get my AIP. I asked why not within four months and he said there is no guarantee on this. I didn't argue with him because I didn't want to risk a "mark" for being rude or combative on the phone (just being safe) but he said there was never any guarantee of a time line for the pilot, only that now apps can be accepted if the OWP app was not sent in at the same time as the PR app. This seems counter to everything I've been reading and have been told. WTF???

As a side note he said I was sent an email in March requesting a few documents relating to my PR application, email address was confirmed since I've received emails of confirmation to the same address before, but nothing was received in March and there is nothing in my junk box either. I'm worried. about this part.

Anyway, is this agent wrong about the pilot program? I think he is but he's not just wrong, he's WAY wrong. Thoughts? Ideas? Input?

Thank you in advance.
Update. As of May 26, 2015 (received June 2nd) I am now the happy owner of an open work permit issued under the pilot program. Total wait time was just at 3.5 months.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Canadianinneed said:
Hi everyone, I need some guidance.

I sent in my wife's application for PR and OWP in April 2014. It was marked received April 10, 2014. She is on implied status with her visitors visa expiring at the end of May.

We like most of you have been struggling with one income and were happy when the new regulations for the one year pilot. However, upon no response, I contacted the CIC in April 2015. They asked many questions before even wanting to look up our file and then we were told that we should receive it before the end of April 2015. We didn't, and I waited 2 months.

I called again June 1st (yesterday) and recieved a rude call agent who refused to look up our application even though we told him we had not recieved it yet and were told we would. The man on the other end asked my wife for our dates for applying and then told my wife that we would know if we got it when we received it. At first he refused to look up our application number. We told him that we had phoned before and we had been told that we should receive it at the end of April. After much frustration my wife asked if the man from CIC could speak to me, he replied, "what for, I have already told you everything". At that point I came on the line and asked to know why he would not look up our application. He avoided everything to do so, and he said there was no need as he could tell by the application date. I again specified the Pilot program and how the woman had told us that we should receive it by the end of April. He said we should have received one already if we qualified and that he did not know about what the woman had said but that she must have said maybe. I told him how would he know about our file as he did not even know or ask our names and refused to look up our application. He said he did not refuse, but still would not check it when I asked again and again. I asked for his supervisor or manager and he said they didn't have one. I then asked how they could check against any form of improper treatment to clients and said there was a form online. I got his ID number.

I then placed my wife back on the phone and he asked her to explain what the woman said exactly. As she was explaining he rudely interrupted her several times, cutting her off and telling her that he did not need the details.

From the beginning he was adamant we were not getting the permit, not even checking our file, saying were were ineligible, even without knowing my wife's name. When asking why we were ineligible he said he did not make the decision and to look on the website to see the criteria, my wife tired to tell him she was eligible but he still would not listen. Even though two months before we were told we would receive it by the end of the month.

Does anyone know why we have not received it? Any suggestions on what I can do? She hasn't even received a client number yet. We were part of the office transfer delays as well, do you think that is part of it?
Sorry for you bad experience. The call center is usually very helpful.

Haha.... no, just kidding. The call center is completely useless. They're honestly a waste of space, time, and air. My personal opinion is that they should sack the call center, possibly burn it down and let the forest reclaim it, terminate employment of everyone there, because, again, it's just completely useless. It's their own fault for being garbage.

I digress.

I encourage you, and anyone else dealing with these clowns, to record your calls with the call center:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=polis.app.callrecorder&hl=en

It's very likely that they lost your OWP application, as we all know, CIC loses almost everything they receive, so it's a very likely possibility.

Another thing you can do is ask about your OWP application specifically. Say that you applied for an OWP through the pilot program, and that it's been more than 4 months.
If they start to get stupid on you, hang up, and call again.
Next thing to do is simply ask if your OWP application was received. This is a good thing to ask, don't mention your application package, just ask about your OWP being received. This might give you some insight.
If they start to get stupid on you again, hang up again.
Next thing to try is to insist that you sent you application far before you actually did, this will get them to at least look it up.

They are very dumb, they don't keep records of who called, they don't record what anyone has said to you, they don't do anything, so calling again and again isn't going to hurt you.

The above may take as long as 3 hours to complete, if you ever get a busy signal or start to get the message that their lines are full, just hang up immediately and call again, spam through till you get one cornered.

Next step is to visit your MP. This is a long process if you haven't started it. So you and your spouse should go in to your MP's office, get whatever papers signed that allow them to access your information, and get them to follow up with CIC for you. Use transcripts from your call center calls to bolster your credibility and the urgency. You may need to give your MP's office time to do this, but keep following up with them, if possible in person.

That's all I can say. Stay strong. This process is ridiculous.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadianinneed said:
Hi everyone, I need some guidance.

I sent in my wife's application for PR and OWP in April 2014. It was marked received April 10, 2014. She is on implied status with her visitors visa expiring at the end of May.

We like most of you have been struggling with one income and were happy when the new regulations for the one year pilot. However, upon no response, I contacted the CIC in April 2015. They asked many questions before even wanting to look up our file and then we were told that we should receive it before the end of April 2015. We didn't, and I waited 2 months.

I called again June 1st (yesterday) and recieved a rude call agent who refused to look up our application even though we told him we had not recieved it yet and were told we would. The man on the other end asked my wife for our dates for applying and then told my wife that we would know if we got it when we received it. At first he refused to look up our application number. We told him that we had phoned before and we had been told that we should receive it at the end of April. After much frustration my wife asked if the man from CIC could speak to me, he replied, "what for, I have already told you everything". At that point I came on the line and asked to know why he would not look up our application. He avoided everything to do so, and he said there was no need as he could tell by the application date. I again specified the Pilot program and how the woman had told us that we should receive it by the end of April. He said we should have received one already if we qualified and that he did not know about what the woman had said but that she must have said maybe. I told him how would he know about our file as he did not even know or ask our names and refused to look up our application. He said he did not refuse, but still would not check it when I asked again and again. I asked for his supervisor or manager and he said they didn't have one. I then asked how they could check against any form of improper treatment to clients and said there was a form online. I got his ID number.

I then placed my wife back on the phone and he asked her to explain what the woman said exactly. As she was explaining he rudely interrupted her several times, cutting her off and telling her that he did not need the details.

From the beginning he was adamant we were not getting the permit, not even checking our file, saying were were ineligible, even without knowing my wife's name. When asking why we were ineligible he said he did not make the decision and to look on the website to see the criteria, my wife tired to tell him she was eligible but he still would not listen. Even though two months before we were told we would receive it by the end of the month.

Does anyone know why we have not received it? Any suggestions on what I can do? She hasn't even received a client number yet. We were part of the office transfer delays as well, do you think that is part of it?
You may have to call 2 or more times to get lucky and speak with someone who will be able to help you check. I did experienced this too but hang up and call back almost immediately and spoke with another agent who was so pleasant and helped me check and gave me all the information I wanted. So don't give up with just a call...try again.

Neveralone

Jun 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum so I need your opinions or suggestions on my situation.

I am October 2013 inland applicant . I applied for an OWP through the pilot program in December 2014 online. At the time I did not receive AIP but I did not know that only applicants who recieved AIP was allowed to submit application online. They accepted it anyway and I keep getting updates that there was no update to my application.

I received AIP in April 2015 and I still have not received my OWP. My visa extension have expired since May
5, 2015. I called CIC and was told that I would receive my OWP in three weeks because I applied online then it was held until AIP was recieved. Three weeks past no OWP. Got message in my email that there is no update on my OWP application submitted. I called CIC again and was told that no action can be taken until July 7.

After another week I called CIC and was told by the agent that no action can be taken until the end of June because my application went to Vergille when I submitted online and Mississauga received it not so long ago.

Then my husband got worried on Sunday asking me if I had submitted a new extension because it was expired May 5. He was saying maybe that is why they did not send me my OWP. I told him my OWP should be my extension after AIP. He suggested I call CIC on Monday to be sure anyway.

I called CIC and Monday and to my surprise after the call agent checked my file she told me that my application was been overlooked. She said I am on implied status right now anyway. I find this ridiculous. I am so so frustrated.

Have any one had any experience similar to this? I so need your opinions because right now I am out of status and I still don't know what is happening.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neveralone said:
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum so I need your opinionsor suggestions on my situation.

I am October 2014 inland applicant . I applied for an OWP when the pilot program in December 2014 online. At the time I did not receive AIP but I did not know that only applicants who recieved AIP was allowed to submit application online. They accepted it anyway and I keep getting updates that there was no update to my application.

I received AIP in April 2015 and I still have not received my OWP. My visa extension have expired since May
5, 2015. I called CIC and was told that I would receive my OWP in three weeks because I applied online then it was held until AIP was recieved. Three weeks past no OWP. Got message in my email that there is no update on my OWP application submitted. I called CIC again and was told that no action can be taken until July 7.

After another week I called CIC and was told by the agent that no action can be taken until the end of June because my application went to Vergille when I submitted online and Mississauga received it not so long ago.

Then my husband got worried on Sunday asking me if I had submitted a new extension because it was expired May 5. He was saying maybe that is why they did not send me my OWP. I told him my OWP should be my extension after AIP. He suggested I call CIC on Monday to be sure anyway.

I called CIC and Monday and to my surprise after the call agent checked my file she told me that my application was been overlooked. She said I am on implied status right now anyway. I find this ridiculous. I am so so frustrated.

Have any one had any experience similar to this? I so need your opinions because right now I am out of status and I still don't know what is happening.
Yes, because you did not include the OWP [paper] application with your Inland application, you are now out of status. This means that you will not have legal status until you land as a PR. However, you will receive your OWP since you have received AIP.

Even those without status are eligible for the [regular] OWP with AIP.

Oh...and others that were waiting for OWP were `overlooked' as well, but once brought to CIC's attention, were issued within a month or so.

No need to worry about being out of status, because you have AIP.

Neveralone

Jun 3, 2015
Hi Ponga,
Thanks for your response. I understood the fact that I had applied online why I am in this situation. But I was reading a post last night somewhere in the forum where someone posted that they applied for OWP online in March 2015 and recieved it before AIP. The person was even suggesting that it is faster response when submitted online. I was so hopping mad because what goes for one should go for all. I can't fathom why some applicants falls through the crack.

I guess this is going to be a long wait for me anyway. See below:

Insert Quote
Hi guys,

FYI.

My sponsorship application sent in 2014 Jan.
I applied OWP separately on March 11'15 online.
OWP approved in "MY CIC" on May 21'15.
I received OWP in mail on May 28'15.
AIP for sponsor and applicant on May 29'15.

I guess online application takes less time to process.

Thanks!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Neveralone said:
I am October 2014 inland applicant .

I received AIP in April 2015
Given that CIC is currently only processing inland apps from January 2014 and has a posted processing time of 16 months, I find it unlikely that an October 2014 applicant received AIP after only 6 months.

walivant

Mar 5, 2015
What is the process of getting hired by a Canadian company if you hold a valid open work permit received through the one-year pilot program? Does the company still need to apply for the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)?

And can you apply for a Medicare if you have an open work permit or you need to have a closed work permit?

Thank you!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walivant said:
What is the process of getting hired by a Canadian company if you hold a valid open work permit received through the one-year pilot program? Does the company still need to apply for the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment)?

And can you apply for a Medicare if you have an open work permit or you need to have a closed work permit?

Thank you!
No, your perspective employer will not need a LMIA. Just make sure you adhere to the restrictions (can't work in the sex trade, for example).

Can't speak to the Medicare question, sorry.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Quick question - my husband and I are putting together our inland application to send away now.. but we aren't sure which forms we need to submit for the open work permit? Can someone link me to the page with the instruction manual for open work permits for inland applicants for the pilot program?

The one I see is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp?countrySelect=CA#applications

But it also has a temporary resident visa request thing in it? Do we need that? any help is appreciated. Also, should we send it in paper with the rest of our application or do it online?

jwilcanada

Jan 19, 2015
Just got my OWP in the mail. Applied for it febuary 8th, separate to my residesidency application and was approved 26th of May.
What a huge sigh of relief!

Visitor01

Sep 12, 2014
I am feeling very annoyed right now. I received an email today from CPC Vegreville, and it says that they are not satisfied with the information provided for Work Permit, that I don't have a valid passport!!!!

Yes, my passport was expired and it has been renewed and the copies were sent to Mississaugua as didn't know that they have moved the file to Vegreville!!

Its so annoying and confusing, Please advise what should I do?

Thanks