24/08/2015
AOR Received.
18/11/2015, 21/04/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
01-31-2017
dominokitty said:
If it hasn't arrived in the next 3 weeks (so 5 months total time - it could be that it's hung up in the mail due to the holiday season), you should have your husband call your local MP. Explain that you've paid your fees, sent all of the correct forms, and allowed time for processing, but your work permit hasn't arrived as promised. He should be able to make some calls and check on things for you at the very least.
This was really helpful advice-so thank you :) What we've found out since I posted this is that my OWP app has been delayed because they sent it on for further clarification/verification, and it may take an additional 4 months to process (what....) I got lucky and got one of those rare CIC agents who actually offers helpful information and ideas, and she told me they do this when one of the eligibility requirements is in question. Since I had a valid visitor record when I applied, I paid all the fees, and have a PR app in, it can only be about my husband and I living together. My husband and I lived at a hotel he helps run while he sold his previous home. We have since moved to a townhouse and updated our address on our ecas. However, I remember when we first got our AOR, they had my husband's address listed as the hotel address plus the room number, and just had my address listed as the hotel address with no room number. Both addresses are correct, one just gives more detail than the other. The MP's office agrees that this must be the hold up, and has made a request for any more details. What a nightmare over a tiny difference!

Has anyone had a similar experience having their app delayed like this? Did you ultimately receive the OWP? I'm now wondering if I should apply for restoration of status (Visitor Record expired January 4th) in the event it comes back with a refusal and I have to reapply :eek:

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Pat100 said:
Hello Everyone,

Just in a little dilemma here, I apply inland to sponsor my husband, however, we currently do not live together due to his job arrangement; He lives and work in a group home with adults with disabilities. I was wondering if our application would be refused or delayed because of this situation? We explained this situation in the application. The Application was sent Dec20. His closed work permit expires May, 2016. We sent an application for OWP along with PR App. What should we expect?

Your advice is very much appreciated
You don't live together, which is a requirement for filing an Inland application. You should withdrawn that application and file a new one for Outland as you don't qualify for Inland. If you wait for them to send you a refusal, your spouse will be out of work because of a closed permit (he's not eligible for an OWP) and you'll be out some money and a lot of time. Take care of it quickly to get yourself on track.

Pat100

Jan 11, 2016
I contacted CIC and spoke to one of the agent and explain the situation; the agent told me that it should be fine (not sure If I believe the agent though). How do I go about withdrawing this application? I need to get this sorted ASAP! I don't want them to start working on our file! I haven't received any info from them as yet.

How do I withdraw this application?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Pat100 said:
I contacted CIC and spoke to one of the agent and explain the situation; the agent told me that it should be fine (not sure If I believe the agent though). How do I go about withdrawing this application? I need to get this sorted ASAP! I don't want them to start working on our file! I haven't received any info from them as yet.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=732&t=14

MrJanevski

Jul 13, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Me and my husband (who is my sponsor) aplied in April 2015. In July 2015 he reacived AOR email, and now (January 2016) I found AOR letter for me in our mail box.

Is this meaning something? Is normal procedure for everyone? Or maybe thay start with my application finaly?

Thank you

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
My Inland app and OWP were delivered Sept 15th so I was beginning to get a bit worried about my OWP as it was not a couple of weeks over 4 months so I gave them a call.

Pain in the arse to get through but I spoke to a friendly advisor who told me that my work permit was approved for 2 years and had been posted on the 12th of January.

What postal service do they use, surely Canada Post can't be this slow!? Just gotta keep on waiting, but relieved to know that it's been approved.

justbelieve

Dec 3, 2015
Pat100 said:

How do I withdraw this application?
We have the same situation, me and my husband lives in different provinces. This worried me too. However, his OWP was approved. On the PR application though (we sent PR and OWP application together), i narrated (photo captions, on supporting photos) that even though we lived separately, we see to it to be together on special occasions like Christmas, New Year, Birthday, with all supporting photos. I don't know if it helped the OWP application, but YES, we got his OWP.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
justbelieve said:
We have the same situation, me and my husband lives in different provinces. This worried me too. However, his OWP was approved. On the PR application though (we sent PR and OWP application together), i narrated (photo captions, on supporting photos) that even though we lived separately, we see to it to be together on special occasions like Christmas, New Year, Birthday, with all supporting photos. I don't know if it helped the OWP application, but YES, we got his OWP.
You realize that a requirement for doing an inland application is that you MUST live together? Getting his OWP approved is not going to assist you with that fact that you don't live together. An outland application should have been filed because of your living situation. You are playing roulette in this instance and I suspect you'll be getting the short end of the stick in the end ...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
justbelieve said:
The OWP is issued solely based on the fact that an inland app has been filed. The fact that it was issued in no way means anything for the PR app.

As with the other poster, you should expect that your PR app will be refused for failing to meet the requirement of cohabitation.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
The OWP is issued solely based on the fact that an inland app has been filed. The fact that it was issued in no way means anything for the PR app.

As with the other poster, you should expect that your PR app will be refused for failing to meet the requirement of cohabitation.
Care to offer comment on this person's thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/owp-and-implied-status-t396463.0.html

The applicant received an OWP but then the Inland application was denied.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
Ponga said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/owp-and-implied-status-t396463.0.html

I called the CIC call centre again last night to confirm that I hadn't done anything wrong. Once again, I was advised that my OWP remains valid.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mollybloom said:
I called the CIC call centre again last night to confirm that I hadn't done anything wrong. Once again, I was advised that my OWP remains valid.
I'm not implying that you've done anything wrong, just trying to understand the logic with CIC regarding an OWP that was issued because of an Inland sponsorship application...that was denied.

mollybloom

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Oct. 2015
Ponga said:
I'm not implying that you've done anything wrong, just trying to understand the logic with CIC regarding an OWP that was issued because of an Inland sponsorship application...that was denied.
I know I understand your reasoning. Similarly, when I fist moved to Canada with my common-law partner who was beginning grad school in Montreal, I was issued an OWP. One year later, I was accepted into a grad. program also in Montreal and was issued a student permit. I was able to keep both my OWP and student permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:

Yes, I saw that thread. This is also seen with those who receive BOWPs based on their FSW/CEC/PNP app and then have that app refused; the BOWP is still valid until the stated expiry date. Work permits are not automatically invalidated. CIC must actually go through the process of formally revoking it, which they pretty much never bother to do in any situation. Why they don't bother, I don't know.

Lizzy1987

Jan 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24/08/2015
AOR Received.
18/11/2015, 21/04/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
01-31-2017
August 24th, 2015 applicant... I'm still waiting on my OWP.. yesterday the call center agent said it's still being processed and the last note was on December 21, 2015 (around the 4 month mark) that it was still being processed.... has ANYONE had their OWP take this long??? This is getting ridiculous....It's almost at 6 months..