+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeehaw said:
What are the fees for the OWP? I have heard two different amounts on here? One said 100.00 the other said 155.00 and someone else said 255.00 that you send with application that is non refundable.

Is there a link where it says the cost.

Thanks
New fee for open work permit applicants

A fee of $100 will be collected, also starting February 21, 2015, from open work permit applicants. This fee will be paid at the same time as the work permit processing fee and can be paid online. The fees collected will offset the cost of new initiatives to improve data collection on the role of open work permit holders in the Canadian labour market, as well as increased promotional activities to encourage open work permit holders to apply for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

OWP fee $100
Work Permit Processing fee $155

Both must be paid before the application can be processed.

RoySka

Mar 19, 2015
Did your wife still have legal status in Canada when CIC received the OWP? If she DID, she will get the OWP soon. If she did NOT have legal status...she will not qualify for the pilot OWP and would need to wait until she has AIP (which would be ~ December, at this rate) to qualify for the regular OWP.

Many people assume that simply submitting an Inland application alone, gives the applicant `implied status', but it does NOT.

///
Yes. She extended her visitor visa for 2 more years. So, she has a legal status in Canada.
We hope that this work permit comes to us soon. She is getting tired of can't do nothing.
thanks.

alampasis

Mar 23, 2015
I've sent my PR application in August 2014 without an OWP application because my lawyer told me so(and I trusted him), so when I heard about the OWP pilot program I applied for my OWP at 22nd of January 2015.They received it at 26th of January according to Canada Post.But still I havent received a word from CIC.Not even Confirmation of receipt.Does anyone know if they send Confirmation of Receipt for the OWP.Do I have to worry that I haven't received anything yet?

xxxma3dl

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2014
Doc's Request.
July 2014
Med's Request
20 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
29 Jan 2016
Interview........
10 Mar 2016
alampasis said:
I've sent my PR application in August 2014 without an OWP application because my lawyer told me so(and I trusted him), so when I heard about the OWP pilot program I applied for my OWP at 22nd of January 2015.They received it at 26th of January according to Canada Post.But still I havent received a word from CIC.Not even Confirmation of receipt.Does anyone know if they send Confirmation of Receipt for the OWP.Do I have to worry that I haven't received anything yet?
Sent my OWP application last week of January2015. Haven't received anything from them (no email, no mail) about receipt confirmation.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alampasis said:
In my own case I simply called CIC to confirm it was received and they did confirmed that to me.

birdboy008

Feb 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
alampasis said:
It doesn't look like they're sending out any notifications whatsoever. I applied Feb 8 and have heard nothing either.

RenW

Mar 18, 2015
birdboy008 said:
It doesn't look like they're sending out any notifications whatsoever. I applied Feb 8 and have heard nothing either.
I sent my PR and OWP application on March 1, received an email from CIC on March 14, indicating that they received it on March 3.

ccb

Mar 19, 2015
I send my on Feb 2.... Nothing yet!!! :mad:..anybody in here that received their work permit with the new program...???
At least we can find out how long will take..
thank you!!

jimmy001

Feb 1, 2014
Hi,

I have sent an application for OWP under pilot program on 18th Jan 2015 and I had a legal status, I haven't received anything yet. Im wondering if anybody actually got the OWP or not?

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
jimmy001 said:
Hi,

I have sent an application for OWP under pilot program on 18th Jan 2015 and I had a legal status, I haven't received anything yet. Im wondering if anybody actually got the OWP or not?
Me too same situation. Mailed OWP in last week of December 2014.No news so far. Wondering whats going on??? Next week it would be 3 months since I mailing my application for OWP.. Wondering whats going on??

jimmy001

Feb 1, 2014
Seems like nobody has received it yet, Its very frustrating and disappointing at the same time, feeling like been treat like criminal. I guess most of us are having good educational and professional background and this kind of unprofessional I must say, treatment is heart breaking. I understand the procedure and everything but at least we should know what's going on? That's all I demand. Im starting feeling that no response from CIC and long waiting time which causes so much mental distress to thousands of people is a violation of human rights.

hooligander

Oct 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2015
AOR Received.
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
Up front
Hey Everyone

I just sent my application last week and it was formally recieved today.

I just noticed the fees for OWP, my "lawyer" mentioned that I would only have to pay the $155 since I questioned what the $100 was for.

What will happen to my application for my wife? Will I have to resubmit or will they ask me for more $$$

Thanks,

Boss Mala

Jan 27, 2013
Hi
I need some help to fill up the OWP form. Here is some of my question
-my hubby got his AIP 2 weeks before, without validate the OWP 5710E form can he send it through mail?
- he don't have any work experience so what should he fill up on the work experience section?
- if he don't filial that up section he cann't validate the form, is there any way without fill up that section he can validate the form?

Thank you

Visitor01

Sep 12, 2014
Hi,

I am October 2014 applicant. I have received my AOR but haven't received my OWP yet. I submitted it along with my PR application.

Is there anyone else, going through the same?

Thanks