SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
anng said:
when did u rcvd ur aor? And who rcvd it the sponsor or the applicant omariewk?
I receive my AOR by mail. im the applicant.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
omariewk1 said:
I receive my AOR by mail. im the applicant.
ok where the same last august. We will have to wait till monday for all the details. i hope all of us can get it. A nice gift for christmas.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Filipinay said:
Oh yeah for sure OWP is not a travel document, I'm aware of that..what I meant is once my hubby received my OWP, he will then mail it to me her in MNL and I will apply for Multi TRV at MNL VO using the OWP plus my work in Canada as they were accommodating enough to extend my leave of absence while I sort my papers out..So yeah fingers crossed..And I hope seniors could shed a light to my situation..TIA!
I hope please Ponga please give us some advise here and other senior members. filipinay ru a member on FB for the CISSP group? U can post ur question there also.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
anng said:
ok where the same last august. We will have to wait till monday for all the details. i hope all of us can get it. A nice gift for christmas.
Did you have legal status upon applying anng if you don't mind me asking.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
omariewk1 said:
Did you have legal status upon applying anng if you don't mind me asking.
my husband has work permit before but it has expired last june. U said ur aor wastru mail, did ithave any number besides the F followed by 9numbers?

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
anng said:
my husband has work permit before but it has expired last june. U said ur aor wastru mail, did ithave any number besides the F followed by 9numbers?
It did have a 9 digit number that starts with F. I have my UCI number from my previous work permit.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made."

From the above statement it is not clear whether partners applying for PR from inside Canada to an OUTLAND office will be eligible for these open work permits.

Anyone have a personal feeling on this?
OUTLAND apps from people living INLAND is talked about here on this forum quite often and is something we will be considering.

If I discover that a work permit will only be issued to those who have submitted their app to an INLAND office, that will
influence our decision for where we submit our app.

TIA

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkGuy said:
"Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made."

From the above statement it is not clear whether partners applying for PR from inside Canada to an OUTLAND office will be eligible for these open work permits.

OUTLAND apps from people living INLAND is talked about here on this forum quite often and is something we will be considering.

If I discover that a work permit will only be issued to those who have submitted their app to an INLAND office, that will

TIA
An OUTLAND applicant is NOT eligible for an OWP.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omariewk1 said:
For the love of good I would hope so too. I have a daughter to help my wife support. I applied August and at the rate at which they are going who knows when I will get AIP.
Since we're all guessing as to what the announcement tomorrow will be...

I suspect that it will be for those that applied after Jan 1, 2014. And, I suspect that it will only be offered to those that are not out of status.
Since they are not offering this to every applicant, based on the language, this would seem to be a fair option...in their eyes. Maybe?

CIC is probably assuming that those that applied after August 28th (or whatever date is on their latest update page) thru Dec 31,2013, are going to be processed to AIP quicker than CIC could get OWPs out to those people, under this new program. Because a January applicant is now expected to receive AIP ~ May, 2015 (based on the current processing times, that might actually decrease in January), CIC would focus on those applicants, while the remaining August, 2013 thru December, 2013 applicants continue to be processed.

Just another theory.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:

I suspect that it will be for those that applied after Jan 1, 2014. And, I suspect that it will only be offered to those that are not out of status.
Since they are not offering this to every applicant, based on the language, this would seem to be a fair option...in their eyes. Maybe?

CIC is probably assuming that those that applied after August 28th (or whatever date is on their latest update page) thru Dec 31,2013, are going to be processed to AIP quicker than CIC could get OWPs out to those people, under this new program. Because a January applicant is now expected to receive AIP ~ May, 2015 (based on the current processing times, that might actually decrease in January), CIC would focus on those applicants, while the remaining August, 2013 thru December, 2013 applicants continue to be processed.

Just another theory.

Look at this from Facebook (Eric Laine is in contact with Chris Day)
Eric Laine: UPDATE FROM CIC 5:00 PM ET Saturday: All people with existing spousal sponsorship will be eligible for OWP under the pilot EXCEPT those who applied without the status (out of status people). There will be some basic screening to detect frauds.
I think everyone with legal status and AOR will be eligible, not just the ones applied in 2014.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
Ponga said:

Just another theory.
Guess we will have to see what happens tomorrow when it goes public. but im thinking if they are doing such a thing they should have gone across the board with it instead of just certain people. people with and without status are all in the same situation with regards to not being able to work and cant support their household plus some of us including myself has kids to support too.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MarkGuy said:

TIA
honestly mark, you need to get this whole OUTLAND applicant while living INLAND thing you keep bringing up out of your head! there is no such thing as an OUTLAND application while living INLAND.. there are OUTLAND Applicants and there are INLAND applicants. they are 2 completely different things all together. this has been explained many times. the fact that a person is IN canada while their application processes has NO affect on an outland application approval rate or processing time, nor does it put them into a third category. They are ONLY known as OUTLAND, the fact they happen to be in canada means NOTHING!!!! whoever is filling your head with this nonsense obviously has NO experience with family class pr sponsorship.

to be clear...there are only 2 categories. again, they are OUTLAND and INLAND! An outland application has NOTHING To do with where the applicant is currently residing. It has EVERYTHING to do with WHERE the APPLICATION is processing and WHERE the applicant was BORN. When a person applies OUTLAND, CIC could care less where the applicant is physically. They can be in canada, in their home country, anywhere else in the world, even on the moon! The fact they applied OUTLAND means they are OUTLAND. and outland applicants are NOT eligible for OWP. This new announcement is ONLY for INLAND applications. This is not for ANY outland applicant, even if they happen to be working, studying or visiting canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
MarkGuy said:

Actually - it is clear. "Applying for permanent residence from inside of Canada" is one of CIC's ways of referring to inland applications. This rule definitely applies to inland applications only - not outland.

MarkGuy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2009
rhcohen2014 said:
honestly mark, you need to get this whole OUTLAND applicant while living INLAND thing you keep bringing up out of your head! there is no such thing as an OUTLAND application while living INLAND.. there are OUTLAND Applicants and there are INLAND applicants...

to be clear...there are only 2 categories. again, they are OUTLAND and INLAND! An outland application has NOTHING To do with where the applicant is currently residing. It has EVERYTHING to do with WHERE the APPLICATION is processing and WHERE the applicant was BORN. When a person applies OUTLAND, CIC could care less where the applicant is physically.

... The fact they applied OUTLAND means they are OUTLAND. and outland applicants are NOT eligible for OWP. This new announcement is ONLY for INLAND applications.
Thanks very much for clearing this up for me!
I really appreciate it. :)