+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One worry, hurdle, nightmare after the next.........

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Thanks to the Canadian Government refusing my husband a visitor's visa for the first time in 2006 when I was pregnant and the second time when our daughter was an infant I have chosen to stay with him abroad in Asia rather than separate myself from him and him from me and our daughter.Basically, trying to keep us all together. That being said, I have been scraping and saving money to enable us to move to Canada smoothly and FINALLY just sent in our Sponsorship and PR application this week. I sent my elderly parents an email to share the good news but didn't hear back. Just called this morning and my 80++year confused old Dad (who is now home all alone) tells me my mother had fallen and is in the hospital. First of all I am sooooo bitter because I should be there to help them but the only way I could do it is to separate myself and my daughter from my husband. Honestly....how is someone to choose? Secondly, if I put this bitterness aside and get real, what are my options? I have applied Outland, if I go home to Canada would that affect my husband's application in any way either good or bad? We have chosen Beijing as our application processing office, which is not my husband's home country office. If I go home with our child my husband would return to his home country Thailand alone.
Thanks again 'immigration system' for really effing up our lives and my poor old parents....... Who ends up paying? The tax payer. For all my mother's hospital bills.

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-11 / Sent RCMP Check in 14-06-11
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Oh dear, I am really sorry to hear your story. I can understand where you are coming from and that is one of the reasons why I want to move back to Canada as my parents are there and are elderly and I am an only child so there is no other family near them. I know there will come a time when they need me. My parents went through the same thing with them living in Canada and their parents living in the UK. It is so hard to be away from family, especially when you know they need you. You end up trying to split yourself in two to be with your family.

How bad is your mother injured? Do you have any other family members in Canada that are closer to your parents that can help them? It won't hurt your husbands application if you return to Canada. I wonder if your husband could be allowed a visitors visa considering these circumstances. They might let him in so you can stay together? He can still apply outland even if he is staying in Canada but he might have to return for an interview at Beijing if they require one.

Maybe some of the more experienced members might have some ideas. I hope your parents are okay and wish you lots of luck with a speedy PR for your husband.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Thank you Jen85. I appreciate your words. I got through to the hospital and they said my Mum just had some broken ribs but they were keeping her in for observation. I guess she fell off a ladder trying to change a light bulb or something dumb like that.
I have said it before and I will say it again. I do understand that some people get visitors visas and others don't because they weren't able to prove they would return to their home country...BUT why, tell me, do those people who are lucky enough to get visitor's visas allowed to stay in Canada and then just start this whole process from within Canada?? IF my husband had been granted a visitor's visa 4 years ago, that would have given me the past 4 years to be working, paying taxes, saving money, putting my daughter in a Canadian school, potentially buying a car, a house and foremost being with my parents.... . I will never understand this... .

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
I know the system doesn't seem fair does it. I can see how frustrated you are and totally understand. Unfortunately there are so many people that abuse the immigration and visa system that it is always the good, geniune people that end up getting burned. Don't give up hope. Believe that it will all work out in the end and it will. I am glad your mum isn't too seriously ill. She will be very sore with broken ribs so I hope she recovers quickly.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Jen, it makes me happy to see that it only took 27 days for Mississauga to approve Sponsorship for you. You must feel so happy. My package is on the way to Mississauga right now...maybe I will get good news in January...:)

Yaya Marei

Aug 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/8/2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
Med's Request
1l7 2011
Med's Done....
3/7 /2011
Interview........
28/6/2011
Passport Req..
17/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
21/8/2011
LANDED..........
31/8 /2011 Insallah
I am sorry to hear your story going like this, I would feel same way as , but only I can say keep faith and hope, you will got the good result at the end and set with your husband and your family. our prayer to your mom to become better

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
I don't yet know if it is good news in that envelope...still waiting for the letter to be delivered. I only know that a decision was made and a letter sent on November 30th. But I am feeling fairly confident and there are two others that I am aware of that have definitely had sponsorship approval within a month so that is good going. Hope they process yours really quickly too. Not sure how long Beijing takes to do there bit afterwards but fingers crossed for you.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Oh I see...how frustrating...is there anyway to know online what is in that envelope?

Jen85

Oct 23, 2010
Deep Brook, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09-12-2010
File Transfer...
30-11-2010
Med's Request
Meds Received
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-07-11
LANDED..........
30-09-11
Nope, on the ecas, it just tells me that a decision has been made and letter sent November 30th. I was only able to access that yesterday. It never tells you what the decision is so I am impatiently waiting to jump on our postman when I see him! Unfortunately we have been having some bad weather in the UK and I have just read that Royal Mail has been affected by the slippery conditions so the mail has been delayed for many people. Figures!!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
I'm so sorry to hear about this, Thaihubbie.
thaihubbie said:
if I go home to Canada would that affect my husband's application in any way either good or bad?
If you went home to visit it won't affect your husband's application at all. You've been together long enough that going home, especially under the circumstances, won't be seen as suspicious.

MexiCana

Star Member
Mar 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
17-05-2010
Med's Done....
17-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2011
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
And if your husband moves back to Thailand it will have no effect on his application being processed in Beijing. The only impact would be that if an interview is required, he would have to travel to China to attend it.

I am really sorry to hear about your mother. I hope your processing goes quickly so your family can be together in Canada as soon as possible. I think I have read some good things about the Beijing office so hopefully things will be smooth for you.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
What are the chances of my husband getting a Visitor's Visa on compassionate grounds? Does this ever happen? If the Sponsorship and PR has been sent to Mississauga, can he apply for a Visitor's Visa? Basically, everyone would know that he wasn't planning on leaving Canada, but only to re-enter to get his PR stamped.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
i'm soo sorry for ur frustrations but i'm sure things will go better for u and all of us; yes immigration system is really not fair; it really bothers me too when some genuine people never get visa and others who don't even need to go through the effort to get a visa, they will enter and never leave; u ask urself why, especially now when Canada's economic situation is not great and they would need some extra cash - taxpayers, tourists, etc....

my partner has been refused visit visa 3 times on the basis of overstaying; hence it was me who moved out from Canada to be with him (they lost me as resident taxpayer) and hence he never had the chance to meet my family and my friends there; one lawyer advised me not to try anymore getting him a visit visa, it's useless and just to apply for sponsorship directly; so i'm currently putting all my energy for preparing that and don't think of what happened before; it's good that u applied, of course u could try applying again for a visitor visa for ur husband on compassionate grounds but don't get high hopes from it; still u never know the files r case by case plus it really depends on the person processing ur request... have u thought of trying to apply to another Canadian visa office if possible? u never know, they r soo umpredictable

lots of health for ur mom, good luck and don't despair!!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
I totally understand how you feel. I'm the applicant, not the sponsor, but I came to stay with hubby in Canada while waiting for PR and it's been over 4 years. My 85 yr old mother fell and broke her hip last Christmas and I couldn't do a thing, and my sons (being young men who think they are indestructible!) have had several accidents during that time, too, and I was stuck here. It's been very difficult - but we all face difficult decisions. This bureaucracy is very impersonal - we can be bitter about it but, trust me, it will eat you alive. We can only make the decisions we have to make under the circumstances, and then we just have to be okay with that.

You DO have the option to go home to Canada to spend some time with your Mom - that, in itself, will not adversely affect your husband's application, but your husband leaving China and going back to Thailand will significantly affect the processing times for his part of the application. If he is, in fact, eligible to have his application processed through Beijing (he would have to have been admitted to China with authorization to stay for at least one year, or have permanent residence there already), his application can be finalized in about 4 months. If he goes back to Thailand and has to be processed through Singapore, it can be up to 18 months. Does he really have to leave China just because you go back to Canada? He will be approved and able to join you a lot sooner if he can just stay and finish through Beijing - Singapore really pushes things back for you.

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I totally understand your frustration about your husband being unable to get a visitor visa. I also understand your decision to keep your family together and recognize the hardship that you go through to make this happen.

If I were you, I would take your daughter back to Canada and take care of your parents for a few weeks/months. Yes, it is tough to be separated from your husband, but right now I think your parents need you. It won't affect your application at all, as your husband will still be in the foreign country (I assume it's Thailand)

Sorry for what's happened, and I hope your mum heals quickly.