+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One week passed since BVL

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Yup. All the Assessments and Eligibility : Passed
NOTES (June 2020 ) state the VO is satisfied to approve.
OPR created in Aug 2020 but Not Started.
Also, no BVL yet but GCKey portal displays the expiry.

Thoughts ?
seems very positive, just wait and patience is needed

Reactions: jbdot0941

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hang in there, guys; only a bit more. For me too, been a gruelling wait of about 280 days for a decision (got OPR yesterday 30 days post-BVL). You most likely were already approved several weeks ago but OPRs are being rolled out on weird timelines; that's just how it's been.

One thing that helped me is keeping in contact with the visa office (regular webforms, emails, calls but not too many); if you haven't already, consider sending a webform; just be polite & simple, stating your application is past processing times, fully complete and you're worried because start date is close / you have exams soon etc. They may not respond but they see each correspondence you send.

BIG_T

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
United Arab Emirates
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
07-08-2020
What I have noticed is that it could take anywhere between 24hr to a month for an OPR after BVL.
In most cases, I have witnessed people get it between the 5th to 10th, 12th day, and so on.
I think most UAE applicants might get it in between 2 weeks. Giving that those two weeks are working days.

I understand it is a really stressful time right now for those who have gotten BVL, all we can do now is wait and pray for the best.
Goodluck.

DKShu

Star Member
Nov 27, 2020
Non SDS
Applied 24th August
Biometric 28th August
Upfront Medical : 17th August
24 October: On Webform asked status of my application and asked why my medical status not changing from 2 months as i gave upfront medical.
3 November: Email received as a reply to my webform enquiry to send the Medical sheet
4 November: Sent the medical sheet through webform
18 November: Medical Passed
18 November: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

No Updates after this. Can anyone guide me what happens next and when ?