+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One last try: CEC

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
- By day. In the three years prior to the day you submit your application, you must have at least one year of full time work experience that falls entirely within that 3 year period.

- The onus is on the applicant. If IRCC has doubts that you have the required number of hours / required number of weeks, they can request further evidence in the form of pay slips, etc. Note that any hours above 30 hours a week cannot be counted to make up additional work experience. Basically this means you need to have 52 separate weeks within the last 3 years before you apply where you worked at least 30 hours in each of those weeks.

Gotcha! that clears up a lot. Thanks!

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
They really don't make this easy for an applicant that doesn't easily check their boxes. Missing my PNP really messed up my prospects, which is disappointing, I put almost 10 years into settling in, I still even have my open bank accounts...I wonder often if things became more difficult for individual cases when they adjusted the CRS and introduced EE. It's too bad one can't really petition for a re-evaluation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They really don't make this easy for an applicant that doesn't easily check their boxes. Missing my PNP really messed up my prospects, which is disappointing, I put almost 10 years into settling in, I still even have my open bank accounts...I wonder often if things became more difficult for individual cases when they adjusted the CRS and introduced EE. It's too bad one can't really petition for a re-evaluation.
It's too bad you weren't in the EE pool with an active profile earlier this year when they issued the invites to pretty much all CEC applicants (the 75 point draw). By the sounds of it, you likely still had the required year of work experience then. Anyway, what's done is done. All you can do is look forward at this point.

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
It's too bad you weren't in the EE pool with an active profile earlier this year when they issued the invites to pretty much all CEC applicants (the 75 point draw). By the sounds of it, you likely still had the required year of work experience then. Anyway, what's done is done. All you can do is look forward at this point.
Yeah, it was an extra kick while I was down-my language results expired right before and it didn't seem likely I'd improve my CRS in time so I let my EE go...and I was even in Canada visiting when the cutoff started dropping. I totally would've been set. Just a series of a misjudgements, really.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yeah, it was an extra kick while I was down-my language results expired right before and it didn't seem likely I'd improve my CRS in time so I let my EE go...and I was even in Canada visiting when the cutoff started dropping. I totally would've been set. Just a series of a misjudgements, really.
If you count back three years from today, do you still have a year of Canadian work experience that falls completely within that period? Or have you already passed the date where that is possible.

Rockologist

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
If you count back three years from today, do you still have a year of Canadian work experience that falls completely within that period? Or have you already passed the date where that is possible.

Not quite, that period only covers about 8 months on my last work permit. If I thought it did, I still can't take the CELPIP again until the 18th, so it'd be almost end of the month by the time I submitted a new EE profile. I'm not sure I can verify it either, my records aren't the most complete.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Not quite, that period only covers about 8 months on my last work permit. If I thought it did, I still can't take the CELPIP again until the 18th, so it'd be almost end of the month by the time I submitted a new EE profile. I'm not sure I can verify it either, my records aren't the most complete.
If that period only covers 8 months of your last work permit, then unfortunately there's no way you'll qualify under CEC regardless of how many hours you worked in that period.

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
-How do they verify 1560 hours (my former boss is no longer at my last employer, and I'm unsure if those records are even on file still-it was a very small non-profit)? Or is the onus entirely on the applicant?
Do you know that you may request ROE (Record of Employment) from EI ?
https://stepstojustice.ca/questions/covid-19/how-do-i-get-copy-my-record-employment-roe/

* Your Record of Employment (ROE) is a form that your employer fills in with information like how long you’ve worked for them, how many hours you worked, and how much you earned.

mailman234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
- By day. In the three years prior to the day you submit your application, you must have at least one year of full time work experience that falls entirely within that 3 year period.

- The onus is on the applicant. If IRCC has doubts that you have the required number of hours / required number of weeks, they can request further evidence in the form of pay slips, etc. Note that any hours above 30 hours a week cannot be counted to make up additional work experience. Basically this means you need to have 52 separate weeks within the last 3 years before you apply where you worked at least 30 hours in each of those weeks.
So basically if someone takes their 2 or 3 weeks leave as per their entitlements, they then actually need to work 54 or 55? What if you are sick for one week or had COVID?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So basically if someone takes their 2 or 3 weeks leave as per their entitlements, they then actually need to work 54 or 55? What if you are sick for one week or had COVID?
It depends.

If it's unpaid leave - then they need to work more time.

If it's paid leave (e.g. leave where you are paid by your employer while you are off) - then this can be included as part of the work experience calculation and no additional work weeks are required.