+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

One and the same name affidavit

hp009

Aug 20, 2020
Hello members
My father's name is different in my educational documents and the passport. In the passport it is "Kabeer Arshad Khan". However, in the educational documents it is written as "Kabeer Khan".

Please guide me what documents do I need to submit to CIC in this regard. A duly notarized affidavit of one and the same person alongwith an explanation in LOE will suffice or there are any other additional documents that I need to get?

Moreover, who should be the deponent of the affidavit? Do i need to include myself as deponent and my father's details as one and the same person or my father should be the deponent?

Thank you
Hello what you actually did?? M having the same situation. Please guide.

Mohsin96

Jul 22, 2021
Hello, I am in BC Canada. I have different name in my educational document and passport so, I need affidavit. I visited public notary but they don't have format for it can anyone help me with this format how to prepare or link for the format.
Thank you.

mukthar7702

Nov 2, 2020
Hello, I am in BC Canada. I have different name in my educational document and passport so, I need affidavit. I visited public notary but they don't have format for it can anyone help me with this format how to prepare or link for the format.
Thank you.

AFFIDAVIT

I, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX S/o. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, permanent resident of House No. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx India, do hereby solemnly affirm and declare as under:

• That I am deponent herein and a citizen of India.
  • That I was born on xxxxxxxxxxx, in xxxxxxxxxxx, India
  • That I hereby declare that my first name mentioned in xxxxxxxxxxxxx form as xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and family name as xxxxxxxxxxxx and the given name in passport as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with no surname/ family name.
  • I hereby declare that both the name pertains to the one and same person i.e xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • That my real name is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
  • That is my true and correct statement.
  • Hence this affidavit.
Date: 20/12/2020

Place: xxxxxxxxxxx

VERIFICATION

Verified that the contents of the above Para are true and correct to my personl knowledge and belief and hence signed at xxxxxxx on 20/12/2020.

I know the Deponent

( You can change the content according to your case, make sure that the meaning is clear and perfect,and print this on bond/stamped paper 20/50/100)

Dec 14, 2023
Hi, I am in the same situation. My mother's name is a little bit different on my passport and Birth Certificate compared to my Sister's passport and birth certificate.

Can someone please advise me to prove the sibling relationship, do I need to get the affidavit from Canada for my Mother's name, or should my mother need to get an affidavit from India about the same name?

jitheshjana

Jan 2, 2024
Hi, I am in to similar situation, currently i am in Canada but my educational certificates were from INDIA.
In my WES report they mentioned as below as my full surname is not there in educational credentials, only initial is there.

"The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above."

So, I have few questions,
1. like when do we need this affidavit to explain to CIC
2. Who should authorize this
3. Where should i get this done, I am in Canada currently, but my education certificates from INDIA

Please share your thoughts on the same, Thank you.
Hello, I am in the same situation, were you able to get clarity on this?

Please share the details, Thanks.

FletcherHubbard

Nov 20, 2023
All experts & senior members,
Thanks for all the help.
I have different names in my educational document and new Passport.
Can you please send me a link to "one and same person affidavit" format?
Speed Test
Thanks,
Rohit
I have the same situation as Rohit but am currently in USA and want to make one and the same name affidavit.
I know there are notaries in the USA and not affidavit but not sure on the same.

Last edited: