+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Once your case has been approved, are you considered a permanent resident?

S

StormForce

Would I legally be a permanent resident if my claim is successful? How long before I can apply to be if I'm not automatically on approval? And what about PR cards

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
StormForce said:
Would I legally be a permanent resident if my claim is successful? How long before I can apply to be if I'm not automatically on approval? And what about PR cards
once your refugee claim/case is approved it only means that you now have a protected person status and you can live in canada as long as you want. YES once a person has a protected person status he can apply for permanent residency of canada. to be a permanent resident a protected person can submit an application to get the PR status.
you cannot apply for a PR status without having a legal status in canada. if your claim is refused you cannot apply for PR status. yes in very special cases e.g you got refused and you had lived in canada for 5 years ( means you didnt get deported) and have build a strong ties in canada ( family, business, life etc) then you may be given a chance of PR status under humanitarian ground ( but it is a very long process