On Open work permit in Canada, Applying for TRV need help

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,

My status is Open work permit (PGWP) my Temporary Resident Visa (Multiple-entry) on my passport had expired. Now i want apply for TRV, which IMM application should I use i'm confused as to which of the below IMM forms I should be using.

IMM5257E - Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)
IMM5708E - Extension of my Temporary Resident Status

Experts please help.

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My status is Open work permit (PGWP) my Temporary Resident Visa (Multiple-entry) on my passport had expired. Now i want apply for TRV, which IMM application should I use i'm confused as to which of the below IMM forms I should be using.

IMM5257E - Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa)
IMM5708E - Extension of my Temporary Resident Status

Experts please help.

Thank you!
Hi

You need to fill out IMM5257. The other form is an application to change your status to visitor.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi

You need to fill out IMM5257. The other form is an application to change your status to visitor.

Thank you! Canuck I was looking at the 5257E; couple of questions under the "Details to visit to Canada" section :

1a) Purpose of my visit - Chose the best fitting option as "Returning worker" since already working in Canada.

But for 2) How long you plan to stay: From date - Should I be putting the date I got my Open work permit ?

4) Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit: - Can I include my work address or Leave it blank ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you! Canuck I was looking at the 5257E; couple of questions under the "Details to visit to Canada" section :

1a) Purpose of my visit - Chose the best fitting option as "Returning worker" since already working in Canada.

But for 2) How long you plan to stay: From date - Should I be putting the date I got my Open work permit ?

4) Name, address and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit: - Can I include my work address or Leave it blank ?
2. Yes, I would put the date from your work permit.

4. Don't leave anything blank. Your work address is probably fine. The VO will be able to see that you are a returning worker, not just a visitor.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

4. Don't leave anything blank. Your work address is probably fine. The VO will be able to see that you are a returning worker, not just a visitor.
Ok thanks Canuck.
P.S: I'm applying this inland.

Ivric

Sep 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

Hi,

I cannot find a place to upload the IMM 5484E checklist document, is it optional ?

claudio4682

Jan 9, 2019
Hi All
I have a similar situation.
I got approved an IEC (Working Holiday Visa) which granted me a 12 month open work permit.
Because I am from Argentina which is a country which requires a TVR (temporary resident visa) a W1 - Worker visa was affixed to my passport . This TVR has as expired date the 30/04/2019
My port of entry letter stated I should enter Canada before 30/04/2019. I did it on 18/04/2019.
I went to Canada only to activate my IEC and then return to my country. The immigration officer who gave me my 12 month open work visa (it expires on the 17/04/2020) in Montreal told me I should get a new TVR if I want to return to Canada after 30/04/2019.

I`m planning to return to Canda on July. My question is which TVR should I get? Visitor? Worker? I haven't worked in Canada I just went to activate my visa otherwise i would've lose it.
I write to Canada embassy in Argentina but they redirect me to cic.ca website which doesn`t said anything about this.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All
I have a similar situation.
I got approved an IEC (Working Holiday Visa) which granted me a 12 month open work permit.
Because I am from Argentina which is a country which requires a TVR (temporary resident visa) a W1 - Worker visa was affixed to my passport . This TVR has as expired date the 30/04/2019
My port of entry letter stated I should enter Canada before 30/04/2019. I did it on 18/04/2019.
I went to Canada only to activate my IEC and then return to my country. The immigration officer who gave me my 12 month open work visa (it expires on the 17/04/2020) in Montreal told me I should get a new TVR if I want to return to Canada after 30/04/2019.

I`m planning to return to Canda on July. My question is which TVR should I get? Visitor? Worker? I haven't worked in Canada I just went to activate my visa otherwise i would've lose it.
I write to Canada embassy in Argentina but they redirect me to cic.ca website which doesn`t said anything about this.
There is only one TRV application. It doesn't matter if you are a visitor, worker or student. Same for everyone.

claudio4682

Jan 9, 2019
There is only one TRV application. It doesn't matter if you are a visitor, worker or student. Same for everyone.
Thanks for the anwser.
I entered to cic.ca website, started a new application , answered the questions and the result vas visitor visa - over 6 month.
it requested me to fill the form Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made outside Canada (IMM5257 )
I am worried about the visitor word since my work permit expires en 17/04/2020. and the visa affixed to my passport said w1 worker

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the anwser.
I entered to cic.ca website, started a new application , answered the questions and the result vas visitor visa - over 6 month.
it requested me to fill the form Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made outside Canada (IMM5257 )
I am worried about the visitor word since my work permit expires en 17/04/2020. and the visa affixed to my passport said w1 worker
Again, same thing.

koolbuddy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Again, same thing.
Hi, I have a situation My wife's PR is processing under INland family class PR and its had been an year. Background check is in process. She came to canada on Visiting visa (multiple entry) in April 2018 and she got her open work permit (Aug 2018 valid through Aug 2020). Her visiting visa is valid for 5 more years, but I am worried if we can travel back to Canada with Open work permit and the TRV (visitor V1 category). Please advise if she need to apply for another visa for work permit (w1 category ?)

Thanks in advance

lotpp2018

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
hello everyone !

i need some help with our experience .. I had applied for TRV while extending my study permit and it is valid till next year (06/2020). Recently, I recieved my PGWP and it is good. Shall I apply for a new TRV for my work permit status ? or apply after my exsisiting TRV get expired ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello everyone !

i need some help with our experience .. I had applied for TRV while extending my study permit and it is valid till next year (06/2020). Recently, I recieved my PGWP and it is good. Shall I apply for a new TRV for my work permit status ? or apply after my exsisiting TRV get expired ?
Your existing TRV is still valid. Apply for a new one next year.

Reactions: lotpp2018