+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a casual note... LESSONS OF LIFE -Enjoy it's every Moment !!!

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In continuation of 'Thought 1-4' given by Canadian4U:

An Amish boy and his father were visiting a nearby mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny silver walls that moved apart and back together again by themselves.
The lad asked, "What is this, father?"

The father, having never seen an elevator, responded, "I have no idea what it is."

While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched as small circles lit up above the walls.

The walls opened up again and a beautiful twenty-four-year-old woman stepped out.

The father looked at his son anxiously and said, "Go get your mother."

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
WHY EMPLOYEES LEAVE ORGANISATIONS ?
-Azim Premji, CEO - Wipro

Every company faces the problem of people leaving the organization for better pay or profile.

Early this year, Mark, a senior software designer, got an offer from a prestigious international firm to work in its India operations developing specialized software. He was thrilled by the offer.

He had heard a lot about the CEO. The salary was great. The company had all the right systems in place employee-friendly HR policies, a spanking new office, and the very best technology -even a canteen that served superb food.

Twice Mark was sent abroad for training. "My learning curve is the sharpest it's ever been," he said soon after he joined us.

Last week, less than eight months after he joined, Mark walked out of the job.

Why did this talented employee leave ?
He quit for the same reason that drives many good people away...

The answer lies in one of the largest studies undertaken by the Gallup Organization. The study surveyed over a million employees and 80,000 managers and was published in a book called "First Break All The Rules".

It came up with this surprising finding:
If you're losing good people, look to their immediate boss... Immediate boss is the reason people stay & thrive in an organization. And he's the reason why people leave. When people leave they take knowledge, experience and contacts with them, straight to the competition.

"People leave managers not companies," write the authors Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman.

Mostly, managers drive people away?
HR experts say that of all the abuses, employees find humiliation the most intolerable. The first time, an employee may not leave, but a thought has been planted. The second time, that thought gets strengthened. The third time, he looks for another job.

When people cannot retort openly in anger, they do so by passive aggression. By digging their heels in & slowing down. By doing only what they are told to do & no more. By omitting to give the boss crucial information. Dev says: "If you work for a jerk, you basically want to get him into trouble. You don't have your heart and soul in the job."

Different managers can stress out employees in different ways -by being too controlling, too suspicious, too pushy, too critical; but they forget that workers are not fixed assets, they are free agents. When this goes on too long, an employee will quit -often over a trivial issue.

Talented men leave. Dead wood doesn't.

Jack Welch of GE once said. A company's value lies "between the ears of its employees".

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yukon said:
In continuation of 'Thought 1-4' given by Canadian4U:

An Amish boy and his father were visiting a nearby mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny silver walls that moved apart and back together again by themselves.
The lad asked, "What is this, father?"

The father, having never seen an elevator, responded, "I have no idea what it is."

While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the boy and his father watched as small circles lit up above the walls.

The walls opened up again and a beautiful twenty-four-year-old woman stepped out.

The father looked at his son anxiously and said, "Go get your mother."
lol ;D

Mpadhya

Star Member
Dec 18, 2009
HOW TO RECRUIT THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?

Put about 100 bricks in some
particular order in a closed
Room with an Open window.

Then send 2 or 3 candidates in
The room and close the door.

Leave them alone and come back
After 6 hours and then analyze
The situation.

If they are counting the Bricks.
Put them in the accounts Department.

If they are recounting them..
Put them in auditing .

If they have messed up the
Whole place with the bricks.
Put them in engineering.

If they are arranging the
Bricks in some strange order.
Put them in planning.

If they are throwing the
Bricks at each other.
Put them in operations .

If they are sleeping.
Put them in security.

If they have broken the bricks
Into pieces.
Put them in information Technology.

If they are sitting idle.
Put them in human resources.

If they say they have tried
Different combinations, yet
Not a brick has Been moved.
Put them in sales.

If they have already left for The day.
Put them in marketing.

If they are staring out of the Window.
Put them on strategic Planning.

And then last but not least.
If they are talking to each
Other and not a single brick
Has been moved.

Congratulate them and put them
In top management

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax

Thank you very much for igniting the chain reaction of Motivational posts.. I've become a fan of yours :D :D !

Regards
Lovejoy

P.S - Thanks to others too who have been reading and posting great Motivatioal and Humorous stuff.

Here is the one I wanna share with you guys (absolutely love this one)

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived at a hospital to have stitches removed from a wound.

He said he was in a hurry, as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

He had a wound which was healing. After examining his wound the doctor decided to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, he asked him if he had another doctor's appointment that morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told the doctor no, but he needed to go to the nursing home to have breakfast with his wife.

The doctor asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

The doctor was surprised, and asked him, “And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?”

He smiled as he patted the doctor's hand and said,”She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.”

The doctor had to hold back his tears as he left.

When I read this story, I had goose bumps, and thought, “That is the kind of love I want in my life.”
True love is neither physical nor romantic.
True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mpadhya said:
HOW TO RECRUIT THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB?

Put about 100 bricks in some
particular order in a closed
Room with an Open window.

Then send 2 or 3 candidates in
The room and close the door.

Leave them alone and come back
After 6 hours and then analyze
The situation.

If they are counting the Bricks.
Put them in the accounts Department.

If they are recounting them..
Put them in auditing .

If they have messed up the
Whole place with the bricks.
Put them in engineering.

If they are arranging the
Bricks in some strange order.
Put them in planning.

If they are throwing the
Bricks at each other.
Put them in operations .

If they are sleeping.
Put them in security.

If they have broken the bricks
Into pieces.
Put them in information Technology.

If they are sitting idle.
Put them in human resources.

If they say they have tried
Different combinations, yet
Not a brick has Been moved.
Put them in sales.

If they have already left for The day.
Put them in marketing.

If they are staring out of the Window.
Put them on strategic Planning.

And then last but not least.
If they are talking to each
Other and not a single brick
Has been moved.

Congratulate them and put them
In top management
Hey Mpadhya

Nice one ! Maybe i could suggest this to my company's HR guys... ;D

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lovepreet said:
Dear Qorax

Thank you very much for igniting the chain reaction of Motivational posts.. I've become a fan of yours :D :D !

Regards
Lovejoy

P.S - Thanks to others too who have been reading and posting great Motivatioal and Humorous stuff.

Here is the one I wanna share with you guys (absolutely love this one)

It was a busy morning, about 8:30, when an elderly gentleman in his 80s arrived at a hospital to have stitches removed from a wound.

He said he was in a hurry, as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

He had a wound which was healing. After examining his wound the doctor decided to remove his sutures and redress his wound.

While taking care of his wound, he asked him if he had another doctor's appointment that morning, as he was in such a hurry.

The gentleman told the doctor no, but he needed to go to the nursing home to have breakfast with his wife.

The doctor asked if she would be upset if he was a bit late.

He replied that she is suffering from Alzheimer's disease and no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.

The doctor was surprised, and asked him, “And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?”

He smiled as he patted the doctor's hand and said,”She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is.”

The doctor had to hold back his tears as he left.

When I read this story, I had goose bumps, and thought, “That is the kind of love I want in my life.”
True love is neither physical nor romantic.
True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
Hey, this was fantastic... I'm touched!

And what a quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily Have the Best of everything;
they just Make the Best of everything they have."

Awesome!

sifarsen

Star Member
Nov 19, 2008
Kolkata
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC,ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Apr 08
Doc's Request.
21 Apr 09
Med's Request
06 Nov 09
Med's Done....
08 Dec 09
Passport Req..
06 Nov 09
VISA ISSUED...
06 Jan 09
LANDED..........
04 June 10
I saw this post in one of the sites...canadadesi,i guess...thought of sharing this...hope u'll enjoy it..
Extremely Funny Story
This is a short story written by Dr Kishore Shah….he is a gynaecologist in Pune,India and a very gifted writer….enjoy this extremely funny story .

My wife is an ENT Surgeon while I am a Gynaecologist. This can lead to some complications, as I recently learned to my anguish. A General Practitioner called me up and told me that she is sending a patient of hers for an abortion. Unknown to me, she had also referred a female with earwax for removal of the wax to my wife.

I duly informed the receptionist to send the patient right in as she was expected (and expecting!) As Murphy lays down the laws of our hospital, it was but natural that the patient who wanted the wax removed from her ear, landed up with me. This is the conversation that I had with the patient.

“Please come in. Be seated.” I said with a big smile. I always have a big smile, when I am going to earn some money. The patient gave a feeble smile and sat hesitantly on the edge of the chair. “Relax.”

“Doctor, will this hurt a lot?”

“Not at all.”

The patient relaxed visibly. “You know something, Doctor, we tried removing it at home, but failed.”

I was shocked. “Thank God. Trying this at home can cause serious complications.”

“I first tried to remove it by jumping up and down, but it just wouldn’t budge.”

I smiled and said, “If it were that easy, who would need doctors?”

She gave a cute smile and said, “Yeah! My neighbour tried to remove it with his finger, but the hole is so small that he used a hair pin.”

“Oh my God!”

“Yes! My mother even tried a matchstick.”

My blood pressure was shooting skywards. I just sputtered without uttering a word.

“Tell me, doctor, how do I avoid getting this dirt inside me?”

I knew that it was an unwanted pregnancy, but calling it dirt was too much. I replied a bit angrily, “There are tablets which can prevent this happening. Or you could use protection at night.”

Now it was the patient’s turn to be confused, “You mean to say that it happens only at night?”

I saw her point. “No! No! I meant anytime of the day, whenever you are in the mood, you should use protection.”

She was even more confused, “It depends on my moods?”

Again I saw her point. “My mistake. You need not be in any sort of mood. It just happens.”

“My neighbour advised me to go to one of those chaps who sit by the roadside.”

“You mean that pin man?”

“Yeah!”

This neighbour of hers seemed to be a very dangerous man. Besides using pins, he was sending her to such quacks. The only safety he knew was among the pins. “You were wise not to heed his advice.”

“But I tried his other advice. He told me to put warm oil inside and wait. However, that also did not work.”

This was getting more and more bizarre. Her neighbour deserved to be locked up either in a padded cell or a barred one. “But have you taken your husband’s permission?”

Now the patient looked confused. “Do I have to take my husband’s permission? Because if you need his sign, he is working in Dubai. We were not able to meet for the last one year.”

It was my turn to be shocked. I gave a sly smirk. It was one of ‘those’ cases. The pin-wielding neighbour seemed to me the usual suspect. I reassured her. “No! No! The husband’s sign is not at all needed.”

“However, I did inform him on phone.”

Her husband seemed to me a very broad-minded fellow. I didn’t know whether to congratulate her or to commiserate with her. So I hastily turned to other aspects. “Its good that you came a bit early.”

“Actually I wanted to come early in the morning, but I had some other work.”

“Oh! I did not mean early today. I meant that if you had delayed this removal, it would have started moving. Then it would have developed a heartbeat.”

The patient was staring at me wide eyed as if watching a horror movie. Looking at her face, I decided that she was not fit to listen to the grotesque details. I decided to relieve her a bit. I said, “You will bleed a bit, but only for a few days.”

By now, the poor patient was trembling, “how-H-How much bleeding?”

“Oh, only slightly more than your menstrual period, and it will continue only for a week or so.”

By now the patient was clutching her hair in her fingers and staring at me wide-eyed. I asked her soothingly, “Why don’t you lie down on the examination table? Remove your clothes and relax.”

This was the final straw. She didn’t even wish me goodbye. I saw just a blur of motion leaving my consulting room at top speed.

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
Hi All,

Thanks to all for posting such hilarious and thoughtful posts.

Regards

lovepreet

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Mars
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hey, this was fantastic... I'm touched!

And what a quote:
"The happiest people don't necessarily Have the Best of everything;
they just Make the Best of everything they have."

Awesome!
Hey Qorax

Thanks for appreciating Buddy.

Cheers

zsashimi

Jun 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2014
AOR Received.
14-Aug-2014
Med's Request
23-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
07-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
6-Jan-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-Jan-2015
qorax said:
WHY EMPLOYEES LEAVE ORGANISATIONS ?
-Azim Premji, CEO - Wipro

Every company faces the problem of people leaving the organization for better pay or profile.

Early this year, Mark, a senior software designer, got an offer from a prestigious international firm to work in its India operations developing specialized software. He was thrilled by the offer.

He had heard a lot about the CEO. The salary was great. The company had all the right systems in place employee-friendly HR policies, a spanking new office, and the very best technology -even a canteen that served superb food.

Twice Mark was sent abroad for training. "My learning curve is the sharpest it's ever been," he said soon after he joined us.

Last week, less than eight months after he joined, Mark walked out of the job.

Why did this talented employee leave ?
He quit for the same reason that drives many good people away...

The answer lies in one of the largest studies undertaken by the Gallup Organization. The study surveyed over a million employees and 80,000 managers and was published in a book called "First Break All The Rules".

It came up with this surprising finding:
If you're losing good people, look to their immediate boss... Immediate boss is the reason people stay & thrive in an organization. And he's the reason why people leave. When people leave they take knowledge, experience and contacts with them, straight to the competition.

"People leave managers not companies," write the authors Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman. ==> This is so true.. Based on experience.. When you say what is on your mind to your boss, your boss takes it personally and that is the end of your career

Mostly, managers drive people away?
HR experts say that of all the abuses, employees find humiliation the most intolerable. The first time, an employee may not leave, but a thought has been planted. The second time, that thought gets strengthened. The third time, he looks for another job.

When people cannot retort openly in anger, they do so by passive aggression. By digging their heels in & slowing down. By doing only what they are told to do & no more. By omitting to give the boss crucial information. Dev says: "If you work for a jerk, you basically want to get him into trouble. You don't have your heart and soul in the job."

Different managers can stress out employees in different ways -by being too controlling, too suspicious, too pushy, too critical; but they forget that workers are not fixed assets, they are free agents. When this goes on too long, an employee will quit -often over a trivial issue.

Talented men leave. Dead wood doesn't.

Jack Welch of GE once said. A company's value lies "between the ears of its employees".