Oman PCC Attestation from MoFA

HD19

Oct 19, 2017
Oman
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi guys,

This is my first post here, but I've been following the forum since several months. Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who are actively involved in discussions. You guys have been brilliant. I have a situation now,

I received ITA yesterday and I'm in the process of arranging the documents. I'm a foreign resident in Oman since last 5 years and I got the Oman PCC. There was a small note below that it should be authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) for using it abroad. So, I got it attested but it is fully in arabic. Is this a problem? Anyone with similar situation?

HD19

Oct 19, 2017
Oman
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No, I didn't. This is because I know someone who has got PR without getting it done. It's best you decide if you want to do it or not :)
But you got the MoFA attestation right? This is a tricky situation, they tell you to get it attested to use abroad and then they attest it in Arabic.

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
But you got the MoFA attestation right? This is a tricky situation, they tell you to get it attested to use abroad and then they attest it in Arabic.
Yup, I got MoFA attestation done. I know, doesn't make any sense for them to stamp in Arabic!!

HD19

Oct 19, 2017
Oman
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I had one more doubt. The IRCC site says to get Oman PCC after submitting the application and to get it from Qurm HQ. But I already got it from Ruwi Police Station as part of obtianing Indian PCC through BLS Oman. Any idea, whether is it the same one and can I submit the same to IRCC straightaway along with my application?

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
I had one more doubt. The IRCC site says to get Oman PCC after submitting the application and to get it from Qurm HQ. But I already got it from Ruwi Police Station as part of obtianing Indian PCC through BLS Oman. Any idea, whether is it the same one and can I submit the same to IRCC straightaway along with my application?
Hi How did you get through this situation? Please explain how you got both Oman and Indian PCC

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Yup, I got MoFA attestation done. I know, doesn't make any sense for them to stamp in Arabic!!
Could you please explain the process, I am about to apply for both Oman and Indian PCC and I live in Oman now.
My understanding is
1. Go to Qurm police HQ with Resident card, passport and photos and get the Oman PCC in English.
2. To get the Oman PCC attested I should go to MOFA and they will attest it in Arabic
3. With the attested copy I need to go to BLS for Indian PCC

However I have a couple of doubts, do we need to get apostille done as attestation is in Arabic?
Also how long did it take for the Indian PCC?

HD19

Oct 19, 2017
Oman
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi How did you get through this situation? Please explain how you got both Oman and Indian PCC
Hi Rithesh,

I got a new PCC from Qurm HQ and got that attested by MoFA again. I insisted them to attest in English or apostille very clearly but still they attested it in Arabic. That guy said that's the only way to attest and it is how they have been doing so far and he was very confident about it. He was also saying Canada is not part of the apostille agreement so technically it would be invalid.

I recently met someone who had done exactly same and got his PR. I've submitted my application and I'm waiting.

Use the same Oman PCC to get Indian PCC. Go to BLS Oman in Wattaya. They'll give you 2 forms to fill up and a checklist of documents. It's pretty simple and straightforward. Indian PCC will take around 1 week.

Good luck!

Reactions: rithesh

rohanjoshi

Jan 25, 2017
I agree i was also in oman i got it done same way and i was confused too about arabic stamp.But there was someone whom i know from forum from oman who applied for PR who got his application approved. so nothing to worry

Reactions: rithesh

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi Rithesh,

I got a new PCC from Qurm HQ and got that attested by MoFA again. I insisted them to attest in English or apostille very clearly but still they attested it in Arabic. That guy said that's the only way to attest and it is how they have been doing so far and he was very confident about it. He was also saying Canada is not part of the apostille agreement so technically it would be invalid.

I recently met someone who had done exactly same and got his PR. I've submitted my application and I'm waiting.

Use the same Oman PCC to get Indian PCC. Go to BLS Oman in Wattaya. They'll give you 2 forms to fill up and a checklist of documents. It's pretty simple and straightforward. Indian PCC will take around 1 week.

Good luck!
Many thanks, Wish you a speedy PPR!

Reactions: HD19

rithesh

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi Rithesh,

Good luck!
Hello, Did you do your medicals in Oman?