+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old CIC Account?

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

My wife has a CIC account for when she extended her stay in Canada prior to us moving to Australia. I was wondering, even though that account is in her maiden name, can she use that account to link a paper application to, or is it best to start a new account, one in her married name?

Thanks and sorry if this has been asked a lot! :)

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Yes she can!

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
Thanks for that!
So the UCI she has on that account (that we used for a visitor visa she had) is her UCI and can be used to link our paper application to her account so we can log in and check our stats, am I getting that right?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks for that!
So the UCI she has on that account (that we used for a visitor visa she had) is her UCI and can be used to link our paper application to her account so we can log in and check our stats, am I getting that right?
Thats correct. On the paper application when asked for the PA’s UCI in one of the forms, you would have filled that visitor’s visa UCI and CIC would be using the same for this application too. So yes you can link it to this account. However, you will have to wait for a while before you can if u just recently sent your application.

ComingHome

May 7, 2019
Thats correct. On the paper application when asked for the PA’s UCI in one of the forms, you would have filled that visitor’s visa UCI and CIC would be using the same for this application too. So yes you can link it to this account. However, you will have to wait for a while before you can if u just recently sent your application.
We actually haven't submitted the application yet, we are preparing last minute stuff and I'm going over every detail I can. So, because we haven't sent it, we put the UCI on the paper app in relation to the docs that my wife (PA) will be completing, is that correct?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
We actually haven't submitted the application yet, we are preparing last minute stuff and I'm going over every detail I can. So, because we haven't sent it, we put the UCI on the paper app in relation to the docs that my wife (PA) will be completing, is that correct?
Yes where ever asked for your’s wife’s UCI, fill the one she got when you applied for visitors. Sponsor’s UCI will be different so be careful with that. And don’t worry about GCKey you’ll only be able to link it a few days before your AOR or after.