+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OK...now what? CoPR complete!

robopablo

Jul 26, 2019
Did a soft landing via land crossing last weekend and returned to the US.

Now what?

I logged into IRCC account and can see the status updated to that date.

Am I looking out for an email from IRCC for next steps etc? The border guard that processed me didn't know.

Thanks

bluesky10

Jan 28, 2021

Now what?

Am I looking out for an email from IRCC for next steps etc? The border guard that processed me didn't know.

Thanks
I did my soft landing this weekend at a US land border. I was told I am now a PR and I will receive my PR card in the mail at my US address on file and to notify them to update my address once I have permanent housing in Canada.

Your PR process is complete. Congrats.

robopablo

Jul 26, 2019
I did my soft landing this weekend at a US land border. I was told I am now a PR and I will receive my PR card in the mail at my US address on file and to notify them to update my address once I have permanent housing in Canada.

Thanks!

Where did you land?

That's what the guy told me too, but this says different. Did you specificallly ask? My guys said they would, but I dunno if he was on auto-pilot.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=061&top=10

Last edited:

bluesky10

Jan 28, 2021
I also thought they wouldn't send to a US address, but I asked multiple times, and the agent said it would be sent. I crossed at the Maine border.

Reactions: robopablo

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Now what?

Thanks
1. What next steps? The only one is if you gave CBSA a Canadian address when you "landed" for your PR card.

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
1) Did you guys went in your own vehicle?
1.1) If so, did you spend time in Canada or made a U-turn after completing the formalities ?
2) By any chance any of you soft landed with expired L1 visa and were able to re-enter US using AVR

Thanks in advance!

Dec 8, 2021
I checked too. the website clearly says you can't receive it at a non Canadian address.

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.

If it is possible to receive it at a US address please lmk. That would save me urgently from trying to find a place quickly...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I checked too. the website clearly says you can't receive it at a non Canadian address.

You need a valid permanent resident (PR) card to return to Canada by plane, train, bus or boat. If you know your card will expire when you’re travelling, renew it before you leave. You can only renew your card in Canada. We don’t send PR cards to non-Canadian addresses and we don’t allow third parties to get them for you.

If it is possible to receive it at a US address please lmk. That would save me urgently from trying to find a place quickly...
As stated on the website, you can only renew your PR card when you are in Canada. So you cannot apply or receive it when you only have an US address.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Expect that you will have to apply for a PR card when you move to Canada because the US address will not be accepted.