+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP

ideaofoneness

Mar 4, 2016
I happened to read this on the cic news website -

"It has come to our attention that technical issues may have resulted in candidates not receiving Notification of Interest (NOI) though they believe they meet the criteria for Ontario’s Express Entry Streams. If you believe you fall into this category and have not received an NOI within one month of submitting your EE profile, we encourage you to create a new profile in the EE system. If you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile.
The two Express Entry Streams referred to by the OINP in the above statement are the Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream, respectively.
When the OINP first provided details of these Streams in June, 2015, it was made clear that Ontario would search the Express Entry pool and identify potential candidates. However, only those who had created an Express Entry profile on or after June 1, 2015 would be in a position to receive what is known as a PT Notification of Interest. The PT Notification of Interest gives candidates the opportunity to make an application for a provincial nomination certificate, with successful applicants receiving an additional 600 CRS points and an Invitation to Apply for Canadian permanent residence at a subsequent draw from the Express Entry pool.
The latest program update effectively revises that original date (June 1) date to November 24 due to the technical issues referred to by the province."

I created my express entry profile on Dec 26 with a score of less than 400.

I could improve the score by scoring higher in IELTS and updated my profile on Jan 23 to stand at a score of 429.

Will it help to delete the old profile and create a new one from an OINP perspective?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Yes please. Withdraw your old EE profile and recreate a new profile in March. Wait for 3 to 4 weeks to see if you receive PT NOI from Ontario. Alll the best.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Yes please. Withdraw your old EE profile and recreate a new profile in March. Wait for 3 to 4 weeks to see if you receive PT NOI from Ontario. Alll the best.
Hi sushsmar15,

By any chance, do you know whether there is any rule of passport validity would need to be at least two years?

Thanks

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rkrobinbd said:
Hi sushsmar15,

By any chance, do you know whether there is any rule of passport validity would need to be at least two years?

Thanks
Yes OINP expects the applicants to have their passports valid for another two years. However if you have a passport from a country like India - you can apply for renewal only within 12 months of expiry date...example - If your passport expires on 31st March 2017, then you can apply for renewal only from 1st April 2016 onwards. If you are in a similar position then mention this in a LOE stating that you cannot renew it now and will renew later.

rkrobinbd

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsmart15 said:
Yes OINP expects the applicants to have their passports valid for another two years. However if you have a passport from a country like India - you can apply for renewal only within 12 months of expiry date...example - If your passport expires on 31st March 2017, then you can apply for renewal only from 1st April 2016 onwards. If you are in a similar position then mention this in a LOE stating that you cannot renew it now and will renew later.
Hi Sushsmart 15,

Thank you very much. I just applied for passport renewal this morning. It would be delivered on 31st March. If I receive any PT notification within this time, I would have 45 days anyway right? To be honest, looking at their last draw yesterday and no update from Ontario since last February is stressing me now. Lets hope for the best. As I am only 3 points above 400, if they apply new rules I would be in trouble! I hope Ontario starts issuing PT notification asap.

Thanks again.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
rkrobinbd said:
Hi Sushsmart 15,

Thank you very much. I just applied for passport renewal this morning. It would be delivered on 31st March. If I receive any PT notification within this time, I would have 45 days anyway right? To be honest, looking at their last draw yesterday and no update from Ontario since last February is stressing me now. Lets hope for the best. As I am only 3 points above 400, if they apply new rules I would be in trouble! I hope Ontario starts issuing PT notification asap.

Thanks again.
Yes if you receive PT NOI from Ontario then you would have 45 days to submit your application. Once you get any update on this forum about candidates receiving PT NOI, then I request you to withdraw your existing EE profile and then recreate a new one in case you don't get PT NOI along with other candidates at the same time.

Jkcp

Mar 6, 2016
Hello,

I created my EE last feb 25th but no Notification from Ontario yet. Did you already re-create you EE? If so, have you received Ontario noticication yet? Thanks.