+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP VS. BC EE?

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
Dear all,

I need your advice on my PNP application.

I applied for OINP four months ago but did not receive any information. I just received BC invitation to apply, and was wondering if I could apply for two PNPs at the same time. Or if my applications for two PNPs would have negative affect on each other. Actually I'm willing to live in either one of the provinces. My work permit is about to expire, so I would like to get nominated by either province as soon as possible.

Please advice. Thank you very much!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
IIRC in some CIC publication, once you have been nominated for a province, the EE system automatically closes your profile so other provinces can't see it. I can't find prove now.

After landed and becoming PR, you have every right to move anywhere in Canada. (Charter of Right and Freedom, Section 6)

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinwang2012 said:
Dear all,

I applied for OINP four months ago but did not receive any information. I just received BC invitation to apply, and was wondering if I could apply for two PNPs at the same time. Or if my applications for two PNPs would have negative affect on each other. Actually I'm willing to live in either one of the provinces. My work permit is about to expire, so I would like to get nominated by either province as soon as possible.

BC PNP needs job offer or study from BC..
Have you got invitation based on any of this?

calvinwang2012

Star Member
Jun 26, 2014
mf4361 said:
IIRC in some CIC publication, once you have been nominated for a province, the EE system automatically closes your profile so other provinces can't see it. I can't find prove now.

After landed and becoming PR, you have every right to move anywhere in Canada. (Charter of Right and Freedom, Section 6)
Thank you for your reply, mf4361.
What I'm concerned about is before being nominated, if BC thinks my application for OINP would contradict with my intent to live in BC and vice verse... Someone suggests it's better to stick to one province, otherwise I might get rejected by both.

But I really don't have much time left on my work permit.... I want to get more chances by applying to both. I,m not sure what to do.... :mad:

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
calvinwang2012 said:
Yes I got job offer from a Bc company, so I'm qualified to apply.
many many congrats.

in fact BC is one of the most beautiful provinces to live in Canada.
Though Vancouver features in costliest cities of the world...
it is really nice place to live, if you have a decent pay in your hands at the end of the month.

:) wish you good luck

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What's the criteria BC PNP employs to select the candidates to send notification to?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
calvinwang2012 said:
Thank you for your reply, mf4361.
What I'm concerned about is before being nominated, if BC thinks my application for OINP would contradict with my intent to live in BC and vice verse... Someone suggests it's better to stick to one province, otherwise I might get rejected by both.

But I really don't have much time left on my work permit.... I want to get more chances by applying to both. I,m not sure what to do.... :mad:

You can send mail to OINP office to cancel your application. Then if BCPNP questions you, explain to BCPNP that you have done that.

Technically one PNP office doesn't know one has applied to another provinces PNP until they are officially nominated. (hence has a PNC # and appears in the federal government's system)

It is advisable to stick to one province, just to avoid that trouble of communicating with government officers.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
calvinwang2012 said:
Dear all,

Been there, done that, got 2 nominations within 2 weeks.

Go ahead and apply for BC PNP and accept the nomination that comes first. I think BC PNP takes quickly now while OINP takes forever.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narayanf1 said:
What's the criteria BC PNP employs to select the candidates to send notification to?
I'm an outland FSW. Don't have a job offer. No ties to Canada. How can I get eligible for BC PNP? I checked their guidelines and it appears that a job offer is mandatory to be eligible.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
OINP doesn't require job offer, but its not guarantee.

Or wait next year's SINP (2 no job offer streams has total 1000 seats)

narayanf1 said:
How can I get eligible for BC PNP?
Get a job

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mf4361 said:
OINP doesn't require job offer, but its not guarantee.

Or wait next year's SINP (2 no job offer streams has total 1000 seats)
I am asking for BC PNP :)

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
narayanf1 said:
I'm an outland FSW. Don't have a job offer. No ties to Canada. How can I get eligible for BC PNP? I checked their guidelines and it appears that a job offer is mandatory to be eligible.
Job offer is mandatory except for certain majors of Master degree graduates from BC's institute.